• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hckypete96

A bet I made with my friend...

Rate this topic

So my buddy and I were talkin about the wings fan this year (he's a pens/jackets fan) and I was just sayin how sick the wings wil lbe. He is still salty and thinks that hossa won't "fit into babcocks system." I told him I gurantee the wings would win 68 games this season and he didn't think they'd come close. We put 50 bucks on it. What do u guys think? I think the Wings have a legit shot at doin it. Hossa will score 40 goals thats almost a gurantee... he could even hit 50. Think about the amount of games last year when the wings lost by 1 goal, and factor in the fact that Hossa probably would have scored that game. Losing only 14 games isn't that far out of reach IMO. Plus we have Stewie for a whole season on D.

ps. A second bet we made was that the Jackets would make the playoffs, I said they still wont he said they would for another 50 bucks.

Thoughts?

So my buddy and I were talkin about the wings fan this year (he's a pens/jackets fan) and I was just sayin how sick the wings wil lbe. He is still salty and thinks that hossa won't "fit into babcocks system." I told him I gurantee the wings would win 68 games this season and he didn't think they'd come close. We put 50 bucks on it. What do u guys think? I think the Wings have a legit shot at doin it. Hossa will score 40 goals thats almost a gurantee... he could even hit 50. Think about the amount of games last year when the wings lost by 1 goal, and factor in the fact that Hossa probably would have scored that game. Losing only 14 games isn't that far out of reach IMO. Plus we have Stewie for a whole season on D.

ps. A second bet we made was that the Jackets would make the playoffs, I said they still wont he said they would for another 50 bucks.

Thoughts?

68 games would be a steep expectation for an All-star team, let alone a plain old NHL-team (albeit, we are as close as a regular team could be to an all-star team). I would say somewhere in the range of 52-56 is probably expected and 58+ if the players all play to their potential and continue to mesh well. Those numbers are assuming that we are relatively injury free.

Edit: Just noticed the second portion of the deal. Honestly, I'd say you are much more likely to lose the money than gain any... but drawing even is probably the most likely situation. The Jackets could surprise some people if their young talent impresses.

Edited by DatsyukownzU13

Meh, I wouldn't say that it is likely, but you gotta take risks to make money, so I kind of like the deal you made. I've actually suggested to a few of my buddies that the Wings could seriously win upwards of 70 games this season. I'm not trying to be a cocky homer, I just know that this team performs great during the regular season, and skillwise has a lot going for it.

As for the Jackets, I haven't made up my mind. They'll be knocking on the door come April, I'm sure of that. A bounce here and a bounce there, they could very well be our first round opponent.

yes wings hold the record w/ 62 pts. Also consider this: The wings will be playing every team in the league and playing central opponents 2 games less. People talk about how weak the central is, but the fact of the matter is that the wings did FAR better against the rest of the league than they did against the central (i think we were barely over .500 against them but dont quote me on that). I think its a good bet but the only thing I could get screwed on is Babs resting players near the end of the season.

I think the Red Wings will win between 52-58 games. 68 is Rediculous. This coming from a diehard fan..

but as long as they win 16 in the playoffs I'll be happy. Regular season means nothing to this franchise.

Edited by 19Hockeytown5

If they hit 62 I'll be surprised.

ALTHOUGH, I don't think many players would fit in our team better than Hossa.

The only record they might break has to do with a word whose alternate definition is running around naked. Let's not jinx it though.

Edited by Z and D for the C

If our team can avoid another horrible mishap with injuries that plagued the Wings especialluy throughout February and all the way up to the playoffs, I think beating our old record of 62 seems reasonable. Unfortunately, we just won the Cup, so we're the team to play against this year, so we might have to endure more physicality, and with that eventually comes injuries.

I say we'll get 61.

A guy I work with is a Canucks fan and he told me today that the Nucks are going to win the cup next year :lol: , naturally I just laughed at him and asked him if he wanted to make a little wager on it. I gave him 10 to 1 odds on a 100 bucks. I have the other 29 teams and he has the Canucks. What a maroon, that is the easiest 100 bucks ever.

Thoughts?

I think you got caught up in the excitement there. I don't care what kinda roster you have, 68 wins in 82 games is extremely difficult, if nearly impossible to accomplish. I'd love to see it happen, but it's not a realistic bet me thinks.

A guy I work with is a Canucks fan and he told me today that the Nucks are going to win the cup next year :lol: , naturally I just laughed at him and asked him if he wanted to make a little wager on it. I gave him 10 to 1 odds on a 100 bucks. I have the other 29 teams and he has the Canucks. What a maroon, that is the easiest 100 bucks ever.

ok i know the canucks are a long shot, but they have luongo and if somehow they get hot at the right time you would be out 1,000 bucks. that would really suck

Edited by yserbartsimpson