• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Torless

Hossa officially #81

Rate this topic

Not getting the Jersey of a rental player,if he signs long term next year I may consider it but he is still behind Dats, Z, Kronwall, and a retro Howe Jersey before I buy a Hossa Jersey.

I would hate to drop over a 100 bills to see him walk away next summer!

God I hate the offseason. When sadly, this is the biggest hockey news of the day for Wings fan it sure leaves a lot to be desired.

Oh well, to be expected (the number that is) and thanks for posting.

Very true - I find myself hunting down anything hockey news related in the middle of the day and usually am disappointed. At least they made this official - just makes it all the more real.

I won't be wearing Hossa's name on my back this year either - though if someone offered one, I certainly wouldn't turn it down - "rental" or not ;)

the order of player jerseys to get for me would be: datsyuk, lidstrom, zetterberg, kronwall, holmstrom, franzen, osgood and then hossa. so there's no way i'm buying #81 any time soon. for now i'll just stick with my #91.

For some reason, I feel numbers like 51, 61, 71, and 81 are the coolest numbers to choose. I don't know why.

"Yeah, but.... ours goes one louder. See- eleven. Everyone else only goes to ten. Ours is one more than that."

to quote Spinal Tap...

81 is such a badass number!
I agree it is pretty BA. I still don't think it's worth purchasing this jersey though for a rental player. If they put out a shirt with the name/number on the back then it's a possibility. Under 20.00 I would do.

Guest Shoreline

81 will end up being the team enforcer.

"First I'm gonna score this goal, then I'm gonna give you a Reebok enema."

Edited by Shoreline

81 is a cool number.

I have taken a new liking to the number 90 after watching Filatov... it's also a cool one. A lot of those upper 80/90's are sweet.

I don't know about that, 87 is kinda a *** number. :hehe:

Not that we didn't all suspect this was happening...

Who all's getting a jersey / customizing a jersey right now? :yowza:

Nope. Not much of a surprise there.

A few years ago I got a good deal on a Lidstrom jersey. If I can pull off the same with Hossa, then I might try it with Hossa.

Got a red jersey w/o names lettering or numbers, just a winged wheel, for about $20 on eBay.

Took it to a sports shop in San Diego that at the time did lettering for Chargers and Padres jerseys, not just for fans, for the real team. Asked them to put Lidstrom's number name and an 'A' on the front and to make it look like the actual lettering the team uses, not like some other jerseys I saw. They assured me they could do it. There was no iron on stuff either. All embroidered.

Picked up the jersey about a week later and paid about $40 more for the lettering. Total cost around $65. Paid $120 for an Yzerman jersey of similar quality the year before.

I'm sure there are people who beat that price, but I thought I did OK on the deal.

Nope. Not much of a surprise there.

A few years ago I got a good deal on a Lidstrom jersey. If I can pull off the same with Hossa, then I might try it with Hossa.

Got a red jersey w/o names lettering or numbers, just a winged wheel, for about $20 on eBay.

Took it to a sports shop in San Diego that at the time did lettering for Chargers and Padres jerseys, not just for fans, for the real team. Asked them to put Lidstrom's number name and an 'A' on the front and to make it look like the actual lettering the team uses, not like some other jerseys I saw. They assured me they could do it. There was no iron on stuff either. All embroidered.

Picked up the jersey about a week later and paid about $40 more for the lettering. Total cost around $65. Paid $120 for an Yzerman jersey of similar quality the year before.

I'm sure there are people who beat that price, but I thought I did OK on the deal.

Good thinking on cutting out the middle man. Do all the lettering yourself (well kinda).