• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Chris Neil to be dealt?

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I love chris neil, he is without a doubt one of my favorite non-wing players. Idk if we'd have room for him, but If we are looking to replace Drake, he plays a gritty game, and will fight and has decent offensive upside. Ottawa are in dire need of some defensemen, so Lilija alone may be able to get him, as they have virtually no good stay at home d. Lebda and a late rounder could also be a possiblity. I know were low on forward spots, but if we can get neil and than not resign Mac or Downey im all for it. I love those two guys but Neil brings so much more to the team than just fighting. Maybe even throw a Lebda late late rounder and maltby package jsut so we have space allthough I'd think they rather just take lebda and a late rounder. Maltbys addition to the trade would be more to our benifit than theirs

Chris Neil would be a great addition. He is a very good player for how gritty he is. But Ottawa shouldn't trade him. That blogger just said Jarkko Ruutu & Cody Bass are enough muscle for the team...thats pretty idiotic. Maybe against Toronto thats enough muscle but neither of those guys can hang with a heavyweight like Chris Neil. They will get beat around the ice.

Hopefully Neil doesn't go anywhere in the West but Detroit. It would suck to have to see him destroy the Wings with his big hits.

I remember when Chris Neil played in Grand Rapids when the Griffins were Ottawa's affiliate.

We also had (not at the same time though) Sean Avery.

I loved the fact that two of the NHL's biggest pains in the asses used to play in a Griffins sweater.

i remember when Chris Neil palyed for Muskegon Fury

OMG, I almost forgot about that... If I remember right, the Griffins signed him and Muskegon fans were angry about losing him (but weren't they upset about every player that GR signed away from Muskegon). And then Ottawa signed him and sent him to GR.