• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

The most annoying NHL teams

Rate this topic

Pittsburgh has moved to the top of the list since the finals.

They are acting like they are one of the elite teams in the league and should have one the cup.

First off, the finals was not even close. We killed them. Final score 17-10. They one 1 game by 1 goal and a second game in triple overtime. The Wings dominated and if not for their rental player, it would have been a sweep.

Your 10 minutes of fame are up, now go away already along with a big portion of you players.

They couldn't come close to beating us with the team intact, now they are just another also ran...

I don't normally like to be a spelling Nazi, but your lack of understanding between "one" (which = "1") and "won" (which = victory") makes your post painful to read.

Anaheim Ducks would come close to me, but I don't really get all too much into rivalries or just absolutely loathing players 24-7 or things like that. No one team is just that annoying or loathesome. Only individual people that might fit in this category right now would be guys like Chris Pronger, Brian Burke, or Claude Lemieux.

Calgary, I can tell you from first-hand experience that nobody here gave a crap about them until 04.

2- calgary - just the homer announcers the flames could be losing 20-0 with 0 shots on net and the announcers would still find a way to make it seem like calgary still has a chance etc etc. (and my bro lived there from 00-07 said he never even saw a flames jersey outside of the saddledom till thier playoff run year and he lived about 3 blocks away, now all he wants to do is buy the team and give them the gayest jersey ever so he never has to see a flames jersey again)

I forgot Calgary, for me, it's how they always act big and tough, but cheap shot all the time. I also hate how they go into every season a cup favorite but miss or are out in the 1st round, dont get me started on the fans either.

Agree 100% with everything quoted. Every time I hear that crap about how the Flames have some of the best fans in the NHL, I think of the pre 2004 era with 14,000 people in the building (which they still reference as the library to this day), headlines in the paper begging people to buy season tickets(with the threat of relocation if they didn't) and the "Young Guns." I honestly want them to miss the playoffs for a while again to see how many people stick around. And don't get me started on Roger Millions. I can handle homerism but he was just over the top in his love of the Flames. Thank Christ he's no longer their PBP guy. Obviously the 04 series has a lot to do with why I hate them but it's disgusting how the fans abandoned them only to come crawling back when they got decent again.

I don't normally like to be a spelling Nazi, but your lack of understanding between "one" (which = "1") and "won" (which = victory") makes your post painful to read.

Sorry. I was in a hurry when I typed it. After I posted it, I read it and was aghast that I typed it. I DO know the difference between one and won and your and you're. I even know the difference between resign and re-sign.

There are definitely certain players I can't even stand looking at (Jackman, TooToo, Torres, Shelley, Forsberg, LaPerriere, etc., etc.), but for an all-around pick, I'd say Anaheim.

Their players are mostly goons and get away with it. Then there's Neidermayer and Selanne who deigned to come back to play. Then there's Pronger, the Teflon Goon of the NHL. Then there's their announcers who are the WORST, THE worst in the biz. The one with the whiny-assed voice (?!) absolutely drives me nutz. Even more so than Terry Crisp and that's going some.

It used to be easy with the Crapalanche, but with their decline and personnel turnover, it's a little tougher to get a good hate going.

The Quacks, on the other hand... Between just Pronger, Burke, and their fans, what's not to hate?

I can't really blame the Pens--the Crosby hype machine isn't really their fault. Their coach is a total ******, but that's not enough to really get my hate gland going.

Honorable mention to the Flyers, solely for the joy that is Philly sports fans.

Anyone who is not a Red Wing fan would probably say the Wings are the most annoying because they are consistantly better than their team. It would annoy me.

1) San Jose- My reasons are petty, but they annoy me none the less. Mostly because of their lame ass arm chomping motion made when they get a power play, but also because of the tech-heads who sit in the middle of the shark tank working on their laptops and PDA's while completely ignoring the game. Seriously, GO HOME.

Ill say the Pens cause I went to college 30 minutes from Pittsburgh and ill tell you nobody even cared about the Pens after the strike was over. Fast foward to now and everyone acts like they have been there from the start and also they have an attitude in which they feel they deserve to win all the time. Also got to watch a Cup final game with some guys from college and youd seriously would think the Wings were on the ice playing with knives and guns cause every time a Pens player would get touched they would scream for a call

Anaheim Ducks - Pronger, Getzlaf and all other morons, + burke of course

Pittsburgh Penguins - CINDY CROSBY

Nashville Predators - Just a boring team to watch, fans sucks - all rednecks.

New Jersey Devils - Defensive skilled team but got no offense.

This isn't 1995 man. I would say NJ's top 6 is easily among the 15 best league wide.

Elias-Rolston-Gionta

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Nashville

Calgary

Anaheim

Oilers

Jackets

Leafs

Avs

Ducks

In no particular order save Nashville with a bullet.

EDIT: I will have to agree with everyone else and add the Pens, I think they were really annoying during this run, and their bandwagon status is sick, although in fairness we were the same way twenty years ago.

Edited by Majsheppard

Guest Shoreline

New Jersey -- Far too defensive oriented. Consistently at the bottom of the scoring pile. Boring to watch.

Nashville -- Only time I ever saw their fans give a damn about their team or hockey was when prospective owners were trying to run out of town with the team.

Anaheim -- Inconsistent fans, in an area where almost every other sport matters more. Rarely ever see Ducks fans in Socal, particularly in the L.A. area. Before the Ducks it's Bruins, Trojans, Lakers, Dodgers, surfers, Clippers, Padres, Chargers, Kings, then maybe the Ducks.

1) San Jose- My reasons are petty, but they annoy me none the less. Mostly because of their lame ass arm chomping motion made when they get a power play, but also because of the tech-heads who sit in the middle of the shark tank working on their laptops and PDA's while completely ignoring the game. Seriously, GO HOME.

?!

I've never seen a single person on their laptop in the game. Have you ever been to one? It's harder than f*** to fit a damn laptop and use it, unless you're using it to stand your beer between two people. Maybe if they got lower bowl and are in the club area pre/post-game, I can see people using laptops during the regular season, but they are non-existent in the playoffs even down there.

When San Jose beat Calgary, each time, in San Jose, the entire city went nuts. There is no doubt San Jose likes their Sharks.

Edited by Shoreline

Anaheim is just fun to hate for the entire league. Burke is a clown.

If your stick exchange makes the highlight reel in the Stanley Cup Finals, I am going to hate you and your team for a very long time, Sidney, no offense.

I despised Toronto when they were good and I despise them now. The Lions of the NHL where an awful product is consistently rewarded with sellouts... though at least Lions fans are not even close to as conceited as the fans in the "Hockey Mecca". Listen to a Toronto fan and you would think their 13 Cups have all happened in the past twenty years.

Absolutely Nashville. I HATE that stupid whistle for Tootoo. ACK. You can't help but know when he's on the ice. I understand some of the arrogance. We have our share of it here, but we don't put it on display quite as much.

Pens - The Sydney mania is annoying, but can't blame the team for that. Actually feel sorry for them in that regard. Also really wanted to rearrange the face of the annoying fan behind Mickey Redmond during the finals... y'know, the one that repeatedly interrupted Mickey by telling the camera that the Wings suck & they still suck. I don't remember ever seeing a Wings fan doing such things.

Annoying fans

- Central division losers : you know who they are

- Devils : they treat you like lower life forms if you show a hint of idea that Broduer is anything less than a god.

- Oilers : You can argue most sports fans are homers. What seperates Oilers homer from the rest is that they are beyond hopeless. Perfect storm formed by a clash of canadian hockey craze and small town mentality.

Annoying Media

- Chicago : ever watched a Wings game in chicago feed? ugh.

- Edmonton : Biggest homer ever. Also they 'truly' believe in what they say. (eg) League consipres against Oilers

- CBC : Simpson, Millen, Neal and other incompetents. and oh yeah, Don Cherry

Total Package

- Chicago : It's a bit complicated. When Wings beat them, it doesn't feel extra special. Maybe because Wings are supposed to beat Hawks. but When Chicago beats Wings.. it really gets me.

- Ducks : Somewhat died down but I still think there is a payback in order for them.

- Edmonton : I don't really hate the club .. except their stupid GM. but due to many reasons adding up, I feel extra satisfied when Wings beat Oilers.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Hawks, Blues, Preds, Ducks, Avs, Stars are the ones I hate the most. Still loathe the Leafs even though we hardly play them.

Oh, and definitely the Blues. Get their asses handed to them every time, and then it always becomes... "Ok, when will the Blues start trying to injure some Red Wings?" Just, a dirty, bitter team. I wish Kocur had left the bench and followed the chair he had thrown that one game.

Edited by egroen

- Chicago : ever watched a Wings game in chicago feed? ugh.

yeah thats Eddie O for you...

sounds like he's going to cry whenever Detroit score, how the hell NBC hire a color guy who was a former Pen and Blackhawk for the SC Finals i'll never know.

Hello conflict of interest

Tamp Bay Lightning - Bary Melrose will make this Lightning season delightfully annoying/entertaining. Florida has 2 teams and I liked the Panthers first, must have been the rat thing.

Pittsburgh Penguins - This once exciting team is now Sidney Crosby land. Malkin looks goofy.

St. Louis Blues - The Lions of Hockey. Classic sure but when will this team be good?

San Jose Sharks - The teal color is annoying. I hope we don't meet them in the playoffs next season.

The Ducks, probably one of the most annoying teams in the NHL. Chris Pronger, need I say more? ....Chris Pronger.....enough said, because I could go on for ages.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: