• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

The most annoying NHL teams

Rate this topic

How many games did you go to last season?

I went to 22 home games....mostly people wore CBJ stuff. I only really saw Ohio State stuff worn during the week building up to the Ohio State - scUM game and to the National Title game....

Of course I wore my Wings jersey just about every time :P

I only make it out to a couple games every year, but I notice the same trend every year. It's not so much the OSU merch as it is the conversations that I hear:

"So why do they blow the whistle sometimes for no reason?"

"That's called offsides, basically hockey is soccer on ice."

or

"We get these tickets from work. It's nice to bring the kids out even in the middle of football season."

I love going to games when they play the Wings. Every CBJ fan goes, "Pfft, typical Red Wings fans..." whenever someone gets loud.

Anaheim Ducks - Pronger, Getzlaf and all other morons, + burke of course

Pittsburgh Penguins - CINDY CROSBY

Nashville Predators - Just a boring team to watch, fans sucks - all rednecks.

New Jersey Devils - Defensive skilled team but got no offense.

I highly doubt all Nashville fans and people from there are rednecks. Every team regardless of location will have their share of idiot obnoxious fans. I wouldn't generalize like that.

I only make it out to a couple games every year, but I notice the same trend every year. It's not so much the OSU merch as it is the conversations that I hear:

"So why do they blow the whistle sometimes for no reason?"

"That's called offsides, basically hockey is soccer on ice."

or

"We get these tickets from work. It's nice to bring the kids out even in the middle of football season."

I love going to games when they play the Wings. Every CBJ fan goes, "Pfft, typical Red Wings fans..." whenever someone gets loud.

I have to sit in or near your section this coming season, I only ever hear stuff like that from 12 year old girls who are barely even watching the game.....most of the fans they draw that I'm around seem to understand the game....of course I'm usually in the lower bowl around the other PSL holders too....

5. Gary Bettman

Isn't this obligatory as a true hockey fan? :cool: :

First post here so probably not the best topic to jump in on but: Ducks and Wild, oh and did I say the Ducks (Burke, Pronger - nuff said) ? Never been a huge Pitts fan either, even before the arrival of the Savior Of All Hockey.

1) Chicago

I live in Chicago and even though they have had a bad team as far as I can remember, they still take as much satisfaction out of beating the Wings more than anything. I was at a Hawks vs Blues game last season and before the game the crowd chants "LET"S GO HAWKS, DETROIT SUCKS!" It's pretty funny when you talk to Hawks fans here, because the first thing they bring up is the Hawks winning the regular season series....at that point I bring up our cup and their lack of one....or the fact that they were out of the playoffs...

2) Anaheim

Any team with Chris Pronger annoys the hell out of me. He is as low class off the ice as he is on it. It's funny because when Pronger played for the Blues I actually had respect for the team and him. His Edmonton shannagins changed that and everything to follow. It doesn't help that the only player on that team I like is Mat. I also hate cocky ass Getzlaf, he's a dick.

3) Nashville

I've always hated the Preds, nothing more needs to be said other than catfish, country music, and Tootoo.

1) Washington

-the Nashville of their generation of teams. Always surviving with just a nose above water. One truck pony offense (Jagr then, AO now) with "in Kolzig we trust" to keep from being god awful.

2) Rangers

Fans act like the team hasn't defined mediocre since 1926. matter of fact, I prefer philly fans. MSG just bothers me (the company not the place) The fact that they've spent more but Detroit was considered the Yankees of hockey.

3) Islanders

Started with the Gordon Fisherman logo and continues to go downhill from there.

Here is my list, first being worst:

1. Anacrime

2. St.Louis

3. Chicago

4. Colorado

5. Calgary

6. San Jose

7. Nashville

8 Edmonton

9 NY Rangers

10. NJ

11. Pittsburgh

12. Philadelphia

And on a sidenote, ofe the least annoying teams I have come across imo, is Phoenix. When I go to the games when the Wings are in town, they just take the beating and not overly whine about it. Everyone there is typically considerate and a good sport. So props to PHX!

Every team in the Central Division. I'll root for Anaheim or the Florida Marlins or something before I ever root for any of those teams, especially St. Louis. Their fan base should just dig a hole, and bury themselves in it, because they are the most pathetic, lame ass bunch of losers I've ever seen in my life.

Guest nutz2u

1. Ducks, cuz I can't stand Pronger

2. Penguins, cuz I see cindy worm lips' face everywhere, and the f***** pissed me off when he

wouldn't give Z or the Wings any credit for putting one hell of an ass kickin on him.

2) Anaheim

Any team with Chris Pronger annoys the hell out of me. He is as low class off the ice as he is on it. It's funny because when Pronger played for the Blues I actually had respect for the team and him.

1. I agree. ANY team with Pronger on the roster. I didn't have real hate for him until, when playing for St. Louis during the playoffs, he tried to put a high hit on Yzerman when Steve was against the boards and vulnerable. (Like the Homer hit but without the glass) He was definitely trying to injure. :ranting: Steve ducked, Pronger hit the boards and injured himself. Wings won series.

Priceless! :thumbup: :thumbup:

2. Pittsburgh. Because of all the undeserved attention they get. No cups since Mario yet they are one of the "Elite" teams of the NHL. The way the media drooled over them, I almost felt sorry that we beat them. Sorry we ruined the story. :rolleyes:

Edited by MidMichSteve

I've never seen a single person on their laptop in the game. Have you ever been to one? It's harder than f*** to fit a damn laptop and use it, unless you're using it to stand your beer between two people. Maybe if they got lower bowl and are in the club area pre/post-game, I can see people using laptops during the regular season, but they are non-existent in the playoffs even down there.

When San Jose beat Calgary, each time, in San Jose, the entire city went nuts. There is no doubt San Jose likes their Sharks.

Actually, I've been to plenty of Sharks games, considering I spent most of my life living there. I never doubted that San Jose likes their Sharks. And the laptop part was a joke- But the PDA thing was not. Unfortunately, since San Jose is the only arena I can attend games at, I am not sure if this happens everywhere. But honestly- I dont care either. San Jose fans annoy me regardless.

Guest nutz2u
1. I agree. ANY team with Pronger on the roster. I didn't have real hate for him until, when playing for St. Louis during the playoffs, he tried to put a high hit on Yzerman when Steve was against the boards and vulnerable. (Like the Homer hit but without the glass) He was definitely trying to injure. :ranting: Steve ducked, Pronger hit the boards and injured himself. Wings won series.

Priceless! :thumbup: :thumbup:

2. Pittsburgh. Because of all the undeserved attention they get. No cups since Mario yet they are one of the "Elite" teams of the NHL. The way the media drooled over them, I almost felt sorry that we beat them. Sorry we ruined the story. :rolleyes:

It's funny but the only one I kinda felt bad for was Hossa because he played so well, and then we signed him, what a stich. :lol:

2. Penguins, cuz I see cindy worm lips' face everywhere, and the f***** pissed me off when he

wouldn't give Z or the Wings any credit for putting one hell of an ass kickin on him.

You Loooooooooooove him.

sidcrosbyvf.png

This isn't 1995 man. I would say NJ's top 6 is easily among the 15 best league wide.

Elias-Rolston-Gionta

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

I believe they finished the season 26th in goals scored. That's pretty piss poor, when you consider that the teams beneath them were Anaheim/St. Louis (tied), Columbus and the Islanders. Their defense was 4th in the league.

So, I think the claim of NJ being defense skilled with no offense still holds true, at least going by last season. Honestly, I doubt this season's roster will be a whole lot different, even with the couple of changes they've made.

Detroit:

Their fans are so annoying, if a hockey analyst on TV doesn't perform verbal fellatio on the Wings every time Detroit is mentioned, they clearly are disrespecting the Wings and they'll whine about it to no end. For a team that is clearly tops in the league, the fans have one hell of an inferiority complex.

Not to mention they're good at spending other people's money. Everyone in the league should want to play for Detroit and take a paycut to do it. If a Red Wing even considers leaving, they get labeled greedy. So here they have a superiority complex. Amazing that they can have both.

That, and if they're going rip on other teams, they resort to tired old stereotypes.

2. Nashville Predators - Aside from the 2nd worst homers as announcers, is anyone else just sick of the stupid country music that plays after every goal? Seriously, this is a hockey game, not a rodeo. But people in Nashville don't konw that. Thinking throwing a catfish is somehow equal to the legendary octopus? Good thing they don't have those damn mustard custard jerseys anymore, that alone would qualify them to be number 1. Players with funny names like Tootoo, Bonk, Arnott, and Fiddler.

Nashville Predators - Just a boring team to watch, fans sucks - all rednecks.

Hey, way to be original guys. No one has ever thought to call people form the south rednecks. You guys are on the cutting edge there.

But seriously, f*** the Avalanche.

Detroit:

Their fans are so annoying, if a hockey analyst on TV doesn't perform verbal fellatio on the Wings every time Detroit is mentioned, they clearly are disrespecting the Wings and they'll whine about it to no end. For a team that is clearly tops in the league, the fans have one hell of an inferiority complex.

Not to mention they're good at spending other people's money. Everyone in the league should want to play for Detroit and take a paycut to do it. If a Red Wing even considers leaving, they get labeled greedy. So here they have a superiority complex. Amazing that they can have both.

That, and if they're going rip on other teams, they resort to tired old stereotypes.

Hey, way to be original guys. No one has ever thought to call people form the south rednecks. You guys are on the cutting edge there.

:clap::D

2. Nashville Predators - Aside from the 2nd worst homers as announcers, is anyone else just sick of the stupid country music that plays after every goal? Seriously, this is a hockey game, not a rodeo. But people in Nashville don't konw that. Thinking throwing a catfish is somehow equal to the legendary octopus? Good thing they don't have those damn mustard custard jerseys anymore, that alone would qualify them to be number 1. Players with funny names like Tootoo, Bonk, Arnott, and Fiddler.

And "Get Ready For This" from 2 Unlimited back in the mid-90s that is still played when Detroit scores a fair amount of its goals is considered in-style?

Detroit:

But seriously, f*** the Avalanche.

God bless you sir. :thumbup:

Well since I live in Tennessee, I say Nashville is the most annoying team!! This stems from the fact that the organization lies to the fans and all they want is more money from the city to keep the team here. Jason Arnott is a has been, Dumont is has no skill, Ellis will last probably only a month next season until he ends up in Milwaukee. The team as a whole is annoying and the fact that they just keep their heads above water is annoying and I believe that all of that is coming to an end quickly.

As for the fans: NOT ALL OF THEM ARE REDNECKS!! Most of them are Redwing bandwagoners!! In fact 75% of them are! The GM plant here in Columbia/Spring Hill is the only reason this city has a team! They had one decent season and alot of the wings fans down here jumped ship, and now that there is ship is sinking they want back on.

If you ever get to see a game in Nashville it is extremly annoying!! The music, the STUPID chants and just the lack of hockey knowledge is BAD!! I typically don't go to Nashville when the Wings are in town, I would rather watch it on my HDTV!! Not to mention people are rude to people in Wings jerseys!!

I have to sit in or near your section this coming season, I only ever hear stuff like that from 12 year old girls who are barely even watching the game.....most of the fans they draw that I'm around seem to understand the game....of course I'm usually in the lower bowl around the other PSL holders too....

Haha yeah, I'm always in the upper bowl towards the top. For all of the complaints I have against CBJ and Nationwide, I do still have a good time every time I'm there. Because, in the end, I'm there to watch some hockey and if I get to see that, I'm happy.