• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsFan2008

Wings who've won all 4 Cups(97, 98, 02, 08)

Rate this topic

guess he just means players for all 4? i think yzerman will still get a ring this year won't he.. bowman as well..not sure about name on the cup though

Yeah well even trying to justify his idiocy is silly because neither Yzerman nor Bowman are players.

Guest mindfly

Did McCarthy get his name on the cup this year? Did he play a game in the finals? I can't remember :S

Did McCarthy get his name on the cup this year? Did he play a game in the finals? I can't remember :S

McCarty played in the finals. I believe he played two games, but it's 5:30 in the morning, so I'm not going to look it up as to which two he played. He gets his name on the cup.

I do have a cup-related question, though, for people who have gotten this far: What about a player is a Black Ace and hasn't already qualified to have his name on the cup (I'm thinking like Quincey)? If the team wins, he gets to take the cup home and touch it and all that. Is he considered a Stanley Cup winner, even though his name is not on it?

McCarty played in the finals. I believe he played two games, but it's 5:30 in the morning, so I'm not going to look it up as to which two he played. He gets his name on the cup.

I do have a cup-related question, though, for people who have gotten this far: What about a player is a Black Ace and hasn't already qualified to have his name on the cup (I'm thinking like Quincey)? If the team wins, he gets to take the cup home and touch it and all that. Is he considered a Stanley Cup winner, even though his name is not on it?

for the moment yes, he's considered a cup winner..

but if he ever goes to the HHOF it's only considered names on the cup as 'cup winners'..

hence why you'd never call Sean Avery a Stanley Cup Winner, but he was with the team throught the 2002 run, never playing though.

I love how one guys says "This thread sucks" so others have to jump on the bandwagon and echo it.

As mentioned, give the guy a break already. LGW has an abundance of dick heads with nothing better to do than analyze threads that people have started simply for the sake of friendly discussion....

I think McCarthy was a general in the Korean war...at least he was on M.A.S.H.

I love how one guys says "This thread sucks" so others have to jump on the bandwagon and echo it.

As mentioned, give the guy a break already. LGW has an abundance of dick heads with nothing better to do than analyze threads that people have started simply for the sake of friendly discussion....

Come on bro. This isn't the average crap thread. This is probably the worst thread I've ever seen. It's hilarious how stupid it is.