• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Four

Tattoo Ideas

Rate this topic

Guest Four

Well my 16th birthday is in a few weeks and finally then I'll be legally allowed to get a tattoo (with parents permission). I know the only way they'd let me get a tattoo if it is something meaningful. I'm thinking, I'm a leo, why not get a lion? But here is where I'm stuck.. I don't know what kind of lion I want and I feel only certain kinds can go in certain places. I also have an idea which is smaller and cheaper but my parents may not approve. Now, here are the few images I like the most and would want a tattoo artist to redraw and customize for me:

Lion_Tattoo_by_Pastel_Samurai.jpg

^This tattoo would go on my pec (left) if I got it, but I feel it may be a little too bold for my small pecks :P

1193594710uk28S8.jpg

^This tattoo would be a back piece, enlarged and all. I wouldn't see it often so I wouldn't get tired of it, but would I really want something so big and so expensive for my first tattoo?

I'm also debating if I want something more "real" looking, like these:

http://z.about.com/d/tattoo/1/0/P/h/enrique110803d.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff244/d...mp_c/lion-2.gif

And my third option, the small and not too costly tattoo:

A bar code with "rips" in the skin that make it look like the bar code in under my skin that would be placed near the top of the spine and just under the neck or on my ankle.

I am also planning on getting a Red Wing tattoo at a later date

Opinions, thoughts, help please?

Edited by Four

Personally, I think a tatoo should have actual meaning. Just because your a leo doesn't make the lion meaningful. That's just stupid if you ask me. There's enough crappy tatoos out there, don't be the next one.

Also, I'm not a fan of tatoo repeats. When you get a tatoo it should be something orignial not a carbon copy of someone else's tatoo.

Guest Four
Personally, I think a tatoo should have actual meaning. Just because your a leo doesn't make the lion meaningful. That's just stupid if you ask me. There's enough crappy tatoos out there, don't be the next one.

Also, I'm not a fan of tatoo repeats. When you get a tatoo it should be something orignial not a carbon copy of someone else's tatoo.

I would get them to re-design it, they said they don't main doubles anyway. And I've been linked to a lion many times with my personality, many times, leo just makes it seem right in the end.

I'd wait a year or so and think about if I really need a tat. (Yer not gonna - but you asked.)

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo since 13, I don't think a year would help..

Also, one tattoo I want because of all the censorship, propaganda, no free speech, we are all like "tools" idea and my friend and I brian-stormed and photoshopped this tattoo:

1g5gyw.png or 2zindoi.png

I will be getting something like this in the future too

Edited by Four

I don't get tattoos. They seem like a good idea but when you get older you will grow out of them but will still need to keep them. Not my favorite idea for a gift though if the tat has meaning that makes a lot more sense.

Guest Four
I don't get tattoos. They seem like a good idea but when you get older you will grow out of them but will still need to keep them. Not my favorite idea for a gift though if the tat has meaning that makes a lot more sense.

That's why I sort of want to get them where I can't see them too much :P

But some of the tattoos people get here (in my city) are all those lame sleeves with skulls and s*** with not even an once of meaning..

The lion and justice, freedom sort of tie in to eachother which is why I want both.

Edited by Four

Just make sure your tattoo artist is an ARTIST. Anyone can be taught to use a tattoo machine, but you want your guy (or girl) to have an artist's eye. If you've seen any of mine, you'll know what I mean.

That's why I sort of want to get them where I can't see them too much :P

But some of the tattoos people get here (in my city) are all those lame sleeves with skulls and s*** with not even an once of meaning..

The lion and justice, freedom sort of tie in to eachother which is why I want both.

It's possible the sleeves have meaning to whoever has them. People might look at your tat and think, hey, he likes lions. No real meaning behind that.

If you have to ask about what to get inked, you're probably not quite ready to have it on you. JMO.

Guest Four
Just make sure your tattoo artist is an ARTIST. Anyone can be taught to use a tattoo machine, but you want your guy (or girl) to have an artist's eye. If you've seen any of mine, you'll know what I mean.

Oh don't worry about that, I already lectured my girlfriend about home artists

I will be going to thrive studios in Cambridge

http://www.thrivestudios.ca/main.cfm?CFID=...FTOKEN=86690795

@Blak: There are no many lion choices, I'm sure my artistic would be get it perfect, I just can't decide a detailed lion or not so details and lightly shades lion. Both will have the same meaning and same spot on my body. And I'm going to incorporate:

Leo.gif

On the lion somewhere

Edited by Four

It's possible the sleeves have meaning to whoever has them. People might look at your tat and think, hey, he likes lions. No real meaning behind that.

If you have to ask about what to get inked, you're probably not quite ready to have it on you. JMO.

Word,

LDi03

wait to get it seriously. I wanted one when I was 18 and I just got mine when I was 24. It took me a long time to get it right. It is meaningful to me because it means love faith wisdom and believe.

if you want a lion geta lion, its your choice on what you want.

like my dad said "You will have that forever you know" he told me that after he found out I had mine...a year later! lol

ive wanted a tattoo for a while now and i still have yet to get one. the problem is not the money or that i cant find the right artist its just that i come up with a design and if i can stay with that over a year then i would get that. but it seems that there is always something else that i want to do. i want it to mean something and i will be hidden on me so not many people would see it anyways but as i grow older i realize that the person i am now does not have a lot of the same tattoo ideas as in the past. just think it over bro, you can always go get a tattoo just make sure its something that you really want and have thought over.

I cringe at the idea of myself getting a tattoo as I could not pull it off - there are ones that good great on others though... I always did want to get a piercing or 2 - but it would not fly with a few people so I cannot...

Here's my wo cents. I had always wanted tattoos, and a lot of them. But I actually waited til I was 30. I am almost 32 years old now, and I am well on my way with getting my sleeves done. I am not saying wait til your thirty, just be damn sure you will love it, or at least like it when your older, years down the line.

As for meaning! If it means something to you, then thats all that matters. Some of things I have on me, people shake their heads and go wtf! All of my work means something to me. I have everything from my beloved Great Dane's puppy print tattooed, to my knuckles with my daughters name on them. Most of my work is old Norwegian viking, skulls, and that sort of creepy thing. I am mostly Norwegian, so that means something to me. Its all about what you want.

Here is a tip of what not to get:

1. No girlfriend/wives names. (bad luck if you ask me)

Edited by miller76

Guest Four
Here's my wo cents. I had always wanted tattoos, and a lot of them. But I actually waited til I was 30. I am almost 32 years old now, and I am well on my way with getting my sleeves done. I am not saying wait til your thirty, just be damn sure you will love it, or at least like it when your older, years down the line.

As for meaning! If it means something to you, then thats all that matters. Some of things I have on me, people shake their heads and go wtf! All of my work means something to me. I have everything from my beloved Great Dane's puppy print tattooed, to my knuckles with my daughters name on them. Most of my work is old Norwegian viking, skulls, and that sort of creepy thing. I am mostly Norwegian, so that means something to me. Its all about what you want.

Here is a tip of what not to get:

1. No girlfriend/wives names. (bad luck if you ask me)

Lol yeah, I told my gf I wouldn't get her name tattood and not to hope. I also am sort of "rushing" to get one right off the bat because that 2012 Mayan s*** trips me out and I want to get a tattoo before I die (heh, stupid but it's trippy!!)

I know that if I get a lion, then I wont ever be like.. "Damn I wish I got a __________" because of all the things you can incorporate in a lion.. Leo obviously, courage, loyalty, wisdom, justice, etc. which is all things I believe in. There are tuns of possibilities on what kind of lion I want and of course I'm hoping it would turn out good. The only thing I'm worried about is seeing it day after day and getting tired of it? It's one of the reason's why I'd rather get a back tattoo. The price also matters, I don't have that much money I'm willing to spend (I have about 250 of my own money, no idea if my parents would consider pitching money) Really I guess it's best to keep finding tattoos and images I like, print them all and bring them with me when I go.. I may end up getting it even on my like left shoulderblade area (on my back). I don't know - do any of you have any tattoos you've got bored seeing on your body?

Edited by Four

- do any of you have any tattoos you've got bored seeing on your body?

Honestly, sometimes I forget I even have a tattoo. It's on my hip, so I see it at some point every day. Unless I'm having a conversation with someone about tattoos, or someone sees it for the first time and asks me about it, some days it doesn't cross my mind. I've just gotten used to it.

- do any of you have any tattoos you've got bored seeing on your body?

I forget mine is there. its on my back so i dont see it, but its there. I used to look at it every night when I first got it, and now its like, oh yeah its still there.

I always liked the idea of getting a tattoo , i've thaught about it a couple of times but never got one yet . i thaught about getting a Celtic crest or the RedWings logo on my upper arm i'm still not sure if i'll get either though. if i ever have any kids it'll be there names i'll be getting tattoo'd on me.

I always liked the idea of getting a tattoo , i've thaught about it a couple of times but never got one yet . i thaught about getting a Celtic crest or the RedWings logo on my upper arm i'm still not sure if i'll get either though. if i ever have any kids it'll be there names i'll be getting tattoo'd on me.

im doin that too. they would be the only names I ever get tattooed on my body.

Seems like everyone has tattoos nowadays, I almost feel more original not having one.

I would wait. I know its exciting to be 'of age', but I would seriously wait - that s***s permanent. I know everyone says the same thing, but they say it for a reason...think of when you are old. I don't know how many old guys I see walking down the street with dumbass tats on their forearms and they just look like clowns. If you go through with it, make sure it can be easily covered.

The day I turned 18 I ran out and got a tattoo on my forearm. Do I regret it? Nope. Honestly getting a job with a tattoo really is not that hard. I worked at DISNEY WORLD with tattoos up and down my arm. The only advice I can give you is to go to an amazing ARTIST who is just as amazing at doing tattoos as he is at art. And the link you left to the place you're going is definitely not bad. But if you ever wanted to take advice from a random person on a forum about something that is going to be on you for the rest of you life than I would suggest going to a little place called Kreative Koulture in Taylor. Joe Hankins works there and I promise you that he is one of if not thee best tattoo artist in Michigan. But I'm not really trying to stop you from going to the place you posted, they actually look like they're pretty damn good. But if you want better check out Joe Hankins.