• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings1914

Kenny has some work left to do

Rate this topic

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...BLOG11/80714076

Key points.

Expects Flip to be finished before 8/1, unsure if they should go long term or stick with 2 years and readdress later.

Jay Woodcroft (video coach) is now with McClelland in SJ, I do believe that this was a letdown to Babcock as he loved his video styles.

He wants experience on the ice and off in his next assistant, says he has a name in mind that they all agree on.

key point number 1 = signing downey and mac.

Will not happen until the situation with Flip is resolved... Whatever is left (money) will then be used to sign some or all of the remaining players from last year...

Edited by Rivalred

key point number 11 = signing downey and mac.

Fixed it for you.

I'd like a two-year deal for Flip. As much potential as he has, giving him a big long-term deal at this point in time would be ill-advised, imo.

Edited by Dabura

Key Point #1: Sign Flip 2 year deal

#2: Sign Mac and Downey to one way deals

#3: Make Chelios retire

#4: Package Samuelsson with Hudler for prospects

MacLean, McLellan .... Potato, Potaaaatoe. Oops. Thanks for the correction. :blink:

Edited by overHandright1

From article:

How the hell does Holland expect to lure MacLean back. Paul's got a head coaching job with the Sharks. Why would he take his assistant coach with the Wings back? With Holland, however, you never know what will happen.

That's Todd McLellan.

From article:

How the hell does Holland expect to lure MacLean back. Paul's got a head coaching job with the Sharks. Why would he take his assistant coach with the Wings back? With Holland, however, you never know what will happen.

Ummm, that was Todd McLellan that left to SJ, not Paul Maclean

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I fail to see how signing Downey and Mac is a huge priority. Isn't Kenny looking to "carry an enforcer"? Logic would suggest the person for the job would be Downey or Mac, but Kenny could just as easily be looking to bring someone in from the outside. Either way, neither Downey nor Mac was an essential part of this Cup run. That sounds terrible, but it's true.

Does anyone have any ideas on who the new coach might be? After recently finishing the Bruise Brothers book the first person I thought of was Joey Kocur since he was video coach under Bowman and an assistant under Lewis. So he does have experience both on the ice and a little as coaching staff as well. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I fail to see how signing Downey and Mac is a huge priority. Isn't Kenny looking to "carry an enforcer"? Logic would suggest the person for the job would be Downey or Mac, but Kenny could just as easily be looking to bring someone in from the outside. Either way, neither Downey nor Mac was an essential part of this Cup run. That sounds terrible, but it's true.

Seeing as how they didn't do much, I don't see how that is terrible.

Guest Crymson
From article:

Uhh... #4? How about no?

Another recent joiner, I see..

Yeah I agree with you as well. It would be good to have everyone signed and ready to go already for this upcoming season. Mac and Downey will get signed eventually. But there are more important issues brewing like the Flip signing, start talking to Z and getting this contract done, so he can just play and not worry about it. And of course the assistants vacancies. All in all though KH has done very well this off season.

Edited by miller76

And what does that have to do with anything?

The last time I checked this forum was not a private club and I believe that is what made it a great place - having a diverse base of members...

OverHandright1 welcome to the site... I mix up the coaching staff too at times as the last names are a little similar - but the other members are right, Todd McLellan went to SJ...

Edited by Rivalred

From article:

cheli kick ass and was great during the playoffs. cheli had the same number of points as kopecky did last season (12) and did it in 8 less games.

erickson didn't do jack when he came up.

sammy (as much as we all can't stand him) had 40 points last year, tied with homer for sixth overall

hudler had 42 points last season tied for 5th overall with cleary.

if you eliminate lids and raf from the points and look at just forwards you get:

dats:97

z: 92

Cleary and Hudler: 42

Homer and Sammy: 40

franzen: 38

Filpula:36

draper:17 and it drops from there.

WHY WOULD YOU TRADE 2 OF OUR TOP POINT PRODUCERS?!

DUMB!

glad ur not in charge of the wings

Uhh... #4? How about no?

You're absolutely right.

Sammy + Hudler is the accepted and LGW-approved package set aside for trading for Joe Thornton. Though we might have to sweeten the deal with a pick. Maybe a third rounder.

The last time I checked this forum was not a private club and I believe that is what made it a great place - having a diverse base of members...

OverHandright1 welcome to the site... I mix up the coaching staff too at times as the last names are a little similar - but the other members are right, Todd McLellan went to SJ...

Thanks, Rivalred. Glad to be here

On a side note: I guess I hit a nerve for all you Hudler and Sammy lovers. :rolleyes:

Guest Crymson

It was more a 'figures' type of comment.

Agreed. Some people have lives and don't spend all frikkin day on the internet. DOesn't mean they know less about the Wings or like them less. Besides, plenty of LGW members would agree with packing Huds and Sammy.

I agree its a stupid idea, but don't play the

recent signee" card.

I think Joey could be the new video coach. He had that job under Bowman and Louie. I wouldn't mind seeing Stevie behind the bench either but I think he would prefer to keep his distance from the current crop of players as he's played with a great deal of them.