• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevie for president

question about Datsyuk's number

Rate this topic

Hank has never worn 15 in a regular season game, he didn't ever wear 20.

His first year with the Wings he wore 40. That season Luc wore 20.

The pic of Hank is a training camp pic. I'm not sure why he has an 'A', the only think I can come up with is he wore the 'A' during one of the intersquad tourneys they have during training camp.

Obviously it's a training camp pic. He was wearing #15 though which is what the poster was saying. Many players wear A's during training camp - usually 6 or so on top of the usuals.

Obviously it's a training camp pic. He was wearing #15 though which is what the poster was saying. Many players wear A's during training camp - usually 6 or so on top of the usuals.

It was probably a Prospects Tournament game played in Traverse City before the Wings' regular training camp. I don't remember them wearing their game-style jerseys for training camp scrimmages. That would explain both the number and the A.

Well, regardless of what he was trying to say, Hank has never 'officially' or whatever you want to call it, worn 15. For that matter, he's just worn 40. That's all I'm saying.

It was probably a Prospects Tournament game played in Traverse City before the Wings' regular training camp. I don't remember them wearing their game-style jerseys for training camp scrimmages. That would explain both the number and the A.

They have a different style jersey for camp. It's more of a block style lettering for the names. They're not bad. The defense wears black jerseys during the workouts with no names on the back of them. That's why it's almost imperative to buy the program - that old adage, you can't tell the players without a scorecard rings true for some of the guys. Especially when it comes to autographs. At least if they put their number under their names, you can figure out who they are.

He did wear #56 at training camp, but when he did make the team he switched to 13. In fact, Ken Daniels asked him last season why he wore that number, and it turns out that when he started playing in Russia he had number 7. Another player came to the team and wanted that number, so he gave it up and took 13.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I always wondered if he picked #13 because Boris Mikhailov wore it in the 1980 Olympics.

Guess I was wrong, isn't the first time and I daresay won't be the last.

why was he wearing the "A"?

I was going to venture a guess that it was due to a preseason game where the majority of the regulars had the night off, but the background suggests this is a TC pick.

Perhaps intersquad scrimmages.....although I didn't think they actually wore their true colors during those games.

There are no extra letters on the jerseys at camp. Nick doesn't have a 'C' on his jersey at camp. I looked through my pictures I don't know how many times, and there is nothing like that on the camp jerseys. So where that pic came from, you've got me.

There are no extra letters on the jerseys at camp. Nick doesn't have a 'C' on his jersey at camp. I looked through my pictures I don't know how many times, and there is nothing like that on the camp jerseys. So where that pic came from, you've got me.

That's what I thought as well, which makes this picture all the more baffling. The only thing I can think of is intersquad scrimmages that perhaps they made into an "event" for the Traverse City fans to attend.

Other than that possible scenario, I've never seen them wear anything but their camp jerseys.

That's what I thought as well, which makes this picture all the more baffling. The only thing I can think of is intersquad scrimmages that perhaps they made into an "event" for the Traverse City fans to attend.

Other than that possible scenario, I've never seen them wear anything but their camp jerseys.

I'll find that out for sure this year because I'm going to both the Gold Medal and the Red and White games at camp. I'll have a definitive answer then.

Is it just me, or is Zetterberg's Picture photoshopped? Body Looks like Kronwall ... And a computer generated "A"

By the way Hank didn't ever wear Nike, Kronwall did/does....

:lol:

This forum is crazy

Is it just me, or is Zetterberg's Picture photoshopped? Body Looks like Kronwall ... And a computer generated "A"

By the way Hank didn't ever wear Nike, Kronwall did/does....

you may be right, it looks like they took the time to photo shop off his beard too. I think Hanks been shaving since he was about 3 or 4 yo