• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
djohns74

Could use a little help

Rate this topic

Hey guys, I'm putting together another video for Easton featuring Hank, this one focusing on their new helmet. Finding game footage that illustrates the benefits of the helmet is, of course, not easy, so I'm just trying to mix it up a bit. I'll use some close-ups of it that I've found of course and hopefully I can dig up a few plays that I didn't already use in the first video. At one point in his interview, he mentions the protection that a helmet has to offer and with a smile suggests that you can sometimes get some heavy hits out on the ice. I think this would be a perfect lead-in to a clip of a nice big hit.

Here's where you guys come in. My memory for specific plays is not nearly as good as many of the guys here, so I'm hoping you can help me find some good Hank plays to use in the video. I'm not too worried about goals and assists since I can get the exact time of each of those from a box score. Big hits and other great moves are another matter, however. For example, I could swear I remember seeing Hank throw a hit on a Penguin player right near the benches at one point, but I have no idea when this occurred and can't really afford to spend the time to watch through all the games to find it, if it even happened. Although, I will admit that it's neat to get paid to watch hockey games for a couple of days. ;)

I have some footage of the playoffs I can use, specifically all of the Colorado series and games 1, 2 and 6 of the Finals, possibly game 3 of the Finals as well, I don't remember. I should be able to get my hands on any other playoff game if it has something I can use.

If you can remember any hits or other noteworthy plays and very roughly when they occurred, I'd sure appreciate it if you could post them here. No need for video links or anything like that, just looking for a discussion of what you guys remember. Thanks in advance!

For example, I could swear I remember seeing Hank throw a hit on a Penguin player right near the benches at one point, but I have no idea when this occurred and can't really afford to spend the time to watch through all the games to find it, if it even happened.

I believe the hit you are referring to was his hit on Crosby in game 1, 2nd period, with about 4 minutes left in the period. If I think of any plays that are helmet related I'll let you know.

I believe the hit you are referring to was his hit on Crosby in game 1, 2nd period, with about 4 minutes left in the period. If I think of any plays that are helmet related I'll let you know.

Nice, you hit that one right on the head, thanks for that! No need to worry too much about helmet-related material if you come up with anything else, just looking for anything Zetterberg-related, really.

Hey guys, I'm putting together another video for Easton featuring Hank, this one focusing on their new helmet. Finding game footage that illustrates the benefits of the helmet is, of course, not easy, so I'm just trying to mix it up a bit. I'll use some close-ups of it that I've found of course and hopefully I can dig up a few plays that I didn't already use in the first video. At one point in his interview, he mentions the protection that a helmet has to offer and with a smile suggests that you can sometimes get some heavy hits out on the ice. I think this would be a perfect lead-in to a clip of a nice big hit.

Here's where you guys come in. My memory for specific plays is not nearly as good as many of the guys here, so I'm hoping you can help me find some good Hank plays to use in the video. I'm not too worried about goals and assists since I can get the exact time of each of those from a box score. Big hits and other great moves are another matter, however. For example, I could swear I remember seeing Hank throw a hit on a Penguin player right near the benches at one point, but I have no idea when this occurred and can't really afford to spend the time to watch through all the games to find it, if it even happened. Although, I will admit that it's neat to get paid to watch hockey games for a couple of days. ;)

I have some footage of the playoffs I can use, specifically all of the Colorado series and games 1, 2 and 6 of the Finals, possibly game 3 of the Finals as well, I don't remember. I should be able to get my hands on any other playoff game if it has something I can use.

If you can remember any hits or other noteworthy plays and very roughly when they occurred, I'd sure appreciate it if you could post them here. No need for video links or anything like that, just looking for a discussion of what you guys remember. Thanks in advance!

Wow, congrats to you, you have my dream job!

Here's how I see it:

Scene opens on Z's locker, wider angle to zoom, "Zetterberg" on locker stall and "Easton" on helmet standout obvious (or reverse order tight on Easton then widen out from there). His forearm muscles flex as he pulls his skate laces tight. Wraps tape around stockings. Dons the helmet like the warrior that he is.

Cut to skating, then giving the big hits you're talking about. Then show Z on one of his patented steals off a forecheck, has the puck and is dangling while taking hits, then a goal to show that with the Easton helmet on, you can't stop him.

Good luck, if I come up with anything worth value, I'll post it.

How can we see your final product?

I've got just about every reg. season 07-08 game ( missed maybe 2) and every playoff game. If you and others can come up with specific games and possible time of the game when the hits take place I'll be more than happy to be your source of vid material.

Edited by Satan81

I've got just about every reg. season 07-08 game ( missed maybe 2) and every playoff game. If you and others can come up with specific games and possible time of the game when the hits take place I'll be more than happy to be your source of vid material.

Don't forget the amazing rebound goal vs. Colorado...

Maybe Holmstrom would be a better spokesman for protective gear. I could think 20-30 clips you could use for him.

Don't forget the amazing rebound goal vs. Colorado...

Maybe Holmstrom would be a better spokesman for protective gear. I could think 20-30 clips you could use for him.

Not ot mention the B.S. interference calls and subsequent waived off goals!!! What the league really needs is a new commisioner who knows something about hockey. This Morons' justification for making these assinine and ignorant calls is only exceeded by his idiocy that these new rules will bring in new fans. It's a lil hard to bring in new fans to hockey when they have absolutely no idea what constitutes a penalty. Us true fans have the impossible task of trying top explain the rules which, lets be honest the refs don't even know what constitutes a penalties!!

In Closing Gary:

Do the world of hockey and hell the whole world in general a favor and disappear from your unimportant, useless ego from this planet and this sport. Do us all a favor and return to your lawerly/advertising suckup positiom in the NBA!!! YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED AND TO BE BRUTALLY HONEST YOUR DEPARTURE WILL BE CELEBRATED BY ALL HOCKEY FANS!!!!

Pieces

David Smiley

Michigan

Edited by Satan81

Great song for the first one. What do you plan on using for the next song?

It'll be another Hives tune, that's all I can say for now. ;) We'll probably do at least one more video beyond this one for the Hank site too, Easton seems really interested in pushing him as one of their premiere endorsees. And why wouldn't they? :thumbup: