• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

Drake expected to make retirement official today

Rate this topic

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...ke_retirem.html

Red Wings forward Dallas Drake is expected to make an official retirement announcement during a 1 p.m. conference call today. Drake told the club a couple of weeks ago that he was leaning toward retirement and it should move on without him. The 16-year NHL veteran began his career with the Wings in 1992-93 and finished it in Detroit this past season by winning his first Stanley Cup

I said at the start of the season this would be decent deal, middle of the season I thought he was done, then the playoffs rolled around and this man played his best hockey of the season!!

I am glad he got to win a cup, you always like seeing guys like Drake who have played so long and so hard finally hoist the cup.

He was one of the forum's whipping boys for most of the regular season who really stepped his game up in time for the postseason.

Provided alot of little things that didn't show up on the scoresheet during the playoffs.

Way to go out on top.

The only reason I'm glad he won a Cup is because he was wearing a Wings jersey when he did it.

All in all, he'll go down in my mind as a player I despised, and in any other situation I would have hoped that he'd retire without winning a Cup.

I was skeptical in the off season when the Wings signed him, but from game one against the Ducks I was glad to have him and I thought he played amazing for us in the playoffs and he is a great guy. Goodluck in retirement Dallas, you deserve the best!

Guest mindfly

Drake retires

By Bruce MacLeod - Red Wings Corner / July 15, 2008

"I've played a long time and had a lot of fun," said Dallas Drake, Tuesday, upon announcing his retirement as a player.

Drake logged 1,009 regular-season games, but had never advanced beyond the conference final (only getting that far once) before winning the Stanley Cup this spring with the Red Wings.

Guest Dump-N-Thump
Such a shame, at least Sir Dallas went out a winner!

^^

One of the few people who supported the Drake re-addition from the git-go.. Grats to OsGOD for being a pimp.

I loved Dally from the moment I saw him in one of the pre-season games. Then he started beating the crap out of everybody, and I loved him even more. I'm SO happy he got to win the Cup. He was a beast in the post season and did all the little things night in and night out. I'm gonna miss The Drake. :(

There were times during the regular season where I wondered if he would be useful, but now I see he was merely storing it all up for the playoffs, when he transformed into this unstoppable beast. I wasn't aware enough of hockey during his first stint with the Wings, but I'm glad I got to see him play for the winged wheel.