• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
e_144

Will Lidstrom win Norris trophy again?

Rate this topic

07/08 was Lidstroms 6th Norris. (!)

Do you think he will win it again? How many will he still win? And how many seasons do you think he still has left in him (with detroit)...

Considering he was in a class of his own this year, I think he's a safe bet to win it again barring injury. I don't think winning one each year until he retires is out of the question. He has at least two more seasons here in Detroit -- it's hard to say if he'll continue after that. I'm sure it depends on his own play and the team's play.

It depends on his competition really. Lidstrom is getting older and other guys are getting closer to their prime so the gap may be shrinking from here on out. I can't say he doesn't have a great chance of winning since he is the definition of defenseman.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Lidstrom = A++++ Dman

-

-

-

-

-

Neidermeyer = A

-

-

-

-

Campbell= B

Thats how much better Lids is compared to the rest of the league

He'll definitely be in the running.

But if some other defenseman can put together a really good season, I can see them giving it to someone else just out of Lidstrom fatigue. Pronger would've likely won a couple seasons ago had he not been injured.

NHL wants Crosby as MVP, Lundqvist as Vezina, and Phaneuf as Norris! They like their kids and want to keep them hyped.

But I don't think Phaneuf is close enough to Lidstrom yet to get it. We shall see. I'm done expecting Lidstrom to slow down... I think it will take a couple of weeks next season to get back on track, just like this past year, and then he'll be the same old (new) Lidstrom.

Lidstrom = A++++ Dman

-

-

-

-

-

Neidermeyer = A

-

-

-

-

Campbell= B

Thats how much better Lids is compared to the rest of the league

Lidstrom A++

Phaneuf A+

Niedermayer, Chara, Pronger, Rafalski = A

Campbell, Gonchar = B+

Lidstrom A++

Phaneuf A+

Niedermayer, Chara, Pronger, Rafalski = A

Campbell, Gonchar = B+

Are you for cereal?

Phanny is better than Pronger and Niedermayer??? No offense, but you need to go to the ER because you took WAY too many crazy pills this morning.

Oh, and Nick will continue winning the Norris as long as he is trying and playing at 100% for the majority of the season. The fact is that unless the Wings tank and lose the division or miss the playoffs, they will be one of the Cup favorites every year and the main player associated with their success will be Norris Lidstrom.

OR

Some Dman scores 30+ goals with 50+ helpers or simply puts up over 90pts.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

Pronger, when he is on, is the 2nd best in the league.... but he is incredibly inconsistent and sometimes barely finishes in the top ten for Norris voting.

Neidermayer is consistently better than Pronger.

Phaneuf is a bit overrated, but if he continues to improve he could join that crowd as well as Chara and possibly Bouwmeester.

Zubov and Gonchar (this past season) are there as well.

Rafalski is a step below and Campbell is a step below Rafalski.

Are you really rating Phaneuf that close to Lidstrom, and over the likes of Pronger?

Are you for cereal?

Phanny is better than Pronger and Niedermayer??? No offense, but you need to go to the ER because you took WAY too many crazy pills this morning.

Oh, and Nick will continue winning the Norris as long as he is trying and playing at 100% for the majority of the season. The fact is that unless the Wings tank and lose the division or miss the playoffs, they will be one of the Cup favorites every year and the main player associated with their success will be Norris Lidstrom.

OR

Some Dman scores 30+ goals with 50+ helpers or simply puts up over 90pts.

Well maybe I got too ahead of myself, but ultimately, in the last 2 seasons combined, I'd say Phaneuf was the second best d-man, in the last 2 seasons combined. He's the best hitter, tough to get around, he can skate well, and his stats are supreme. I truly do think Phaneuf is the second best d-man in the NHL, in terms of overall qualities.

Guest Shoreline

He will in the Hart, Norris, Byng, Conn Smythe, but also, being superhuman, win the Vezina, Selke, and Calder.

Except of course for the most important one. Defense.

The tough to get around part covered it. From what I've seen, his defense is pretty good.

The tough to get around part covered it. From what I've seen, his defense is pretty good.

There's more to defense than standing someone up at the blueline. He's very scrambly in his own end. Runs around too much. And once he has the puck doesn't always get it up ice safely.

Except of course for the most important one. Defense.

Exactly. I think Phaneuf is a good D-man, and can be great. But I think some people get ahead of themselves when rating his abilities because of his hitting and his youth.

In spite of the Norris voting this past year, I wouldn't call him 2nd best in the league right now.

Not a chance...

That LINDSTROM guy has got it locked!

Seriosly he should win it.

He should also get a Hart or Lester B. nomination at least,

he finished fourth in hart voting last season

Lidstrom is arguably the best defenseman in Detroit history. Possibly even NHL history. He can win as many more Norris Trophy's as he wants :lol:

but seriously i think he has one or two more in him. I think it all depends on his competition the next couple years.

Don't vote McCain or Obama

Vote Lidstrom-Yzerman 08

I think that Nick will have a lessesned competition, actually.

Niedermeir will not get in because of the animosity felt, by the voters, over his part time status this past year. It was a violation of unwritten rules. Look it up:>).

Phaneuf is seen as less of an enigma because of the emergence of Konner, another kid who can skate and hit like a train (better than Phanny IMO). Phaneuf is just seen as another edition of a mold, whereas Nick is ...well, from outer space or the future or something.

Forget pronger. FU*&k Pronger. That bum has been exposed for what he is.