• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
andyinsdca

New HNIC Theme

Rate this topic

"My love for hockey is reflected quite well in this piece I feel. The intense percussion symbolizes the hard-hitting excitement of the sport, while the cat samples are used to demonstrate the feline qualities players must possess: speed, cunning, agility, and fearlessness. The other animal noises reflect the rich domestic history of the sport; I remember my grandfather who grew up on a farm used to freeze a rink in their field every year so that they could play the game, while the animals watched on.

"The happy child was used to symbolize the child-like wonder many Canadians feel every time they turn on this great game. The climax of the piece brings it all together, bringing the excitement to its peak and then finishing it off with a buzzer. Goal!"

loooooooooooooooooool

Oh wow, there are some bitter canadians out there pissed about losing the old song, uh-huh.

Personally, though, that's what I'd vote for VS. coverage of hockey. The cats and babies howling remind me of Thing One and Thing T-- I mean Doc and McGuire.

Edited by The Wheeled Winger

Uhg, Idiots. What a waste of time.

Why do they need to give away 100,000 bucks for a new song when they can, and should just keep the old one.

They royally f***ed up contract negotiations with the song's composer, leaving TSN to buy the song outright.

Agreed that it's a waste of time, though. Here's a hint on what they should be playing instead of bothering with this reality-show bs: "Ooooooooooooooooooooh, the good old hockey game is the best game you can name, and the best game you can name is the good old hockey game!"

lol i know the guy who made that song... i can't help but laugh. imagine it ACTUALLY won

It might possibly win the popular vote - and it would be epic if it did - but ultimately there's guaranteed to be some clause somewhere in the contest rules that states that the CBC has the final say in who wins.

Personally I'd like to see some kind of hockey-related lyrics set to the Washington song:

He once held Joe Sakic's winger's hand

In a jar of acid.

At an exhibition game.

WTF?

That is worse than listening to goats hump.

Stoopid HNIC, what are they thinking? There was nothing wrong with the old song. It was a tradition.

If your car is not broken you do not take it to the mechanic do you? ( unless it's a Ford which is gonna break soon anyway )

Edited by Wingsfan1988

WTF?

Stoopid HNIC, what are they thinking? There was nothing wrong with the old song. It was a tradition.

If your car is not broken you do not take it to the mechanic do you? ( unless it's a Ford which is gonna break soon anyway )

How do you know what goats humping sounds like? :scared:

WTF?

They don't own the rights to it anymore. It's not a matter of the song being old or poor.

While I don't actually wanna see this win I can't help but laugh my ass off at the very idea of that actually winning.