• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kingston

some sick red wings logos!

Rate this topic

here....

post-11437-1216492360_thumb.jpg

That jersey is just generally ugly - not the design.

I think the words written horizontally and you left out the wing on shoulder.

I don't know if i I really dig the black.

here....

post-11437-1216492360_thumb.jpg

I like the concept there, but I'd eliminate the white underarms and shoulder area, add a winged-wheel to the shoulder (but not as close to the neck as they are on the mock with the old english d), move the 'C' back to the right shoulder, add red piping, and try a different font for 'detroit' maybe old english?

As I said before, I'm not photoshop guru, far from it, just some thoughts...

I dislike everything about this thread.

The thread dislikes everything about you....

Seriously though, how do you dislike everything about the thread? Either you are for a Wings alternate or not. Both sides are represented in this thread.

On EA Sports NHL games there is a 3rd jersey for Wings with red and white stripes.

38295052.jpg

Have these ever been used as 3rd jerseys?

Yes, but only for a handful of games in '92 if I remember right. It was a major anniversary year and only worn against O6 teams.

That first logo actually looks pretty good.

Of course I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER change the wing's logo, and would hate to ever ever see it change, I do think it looks good.

And I hope no red wings ever dons a black jersey for a game, in any circumstance.

Edited by Z and D for the C

I have seen nothing in this thread that I think the Wings management will take seriously. They might use a retro for the Winter Classic, but I think Mike Illitch would die before he let anyone put black in a Wings jersey or altered it in any way. I thank god for that.

I have seen nothing in this thread that I think the Wings management will take seriously. They might use a retro for the Winter Classic, but I think Mike Illitch would die before he let anyone put black in a Wings jersey or altered it in any way. I thank god for that.

Because they actually browse the site for ideas, right?

Why does everyone have to be so down on the idea of a fresh take on the classic jersey? It's just a matter of time before something significant changes in the Wings jersey. The Wings and Montreal are the only O6 teams who haven't had an alternate. It will happen, it's just a matter of time.

EDIT: Come to think of it, Montreal, Detroit, and Carolina are the only teams who haven't changed their jersey's somewhat.

Edited by imisssergei

Starter was really close though

Agreed.

Something is wrong when arguably the most ingenius/creative/distinctive professional sports logo has to be altered.

Yes, but the New York Yankees have most history than the Wings. BTW, even the Yankees have a few different jerseys.

Yes, but the New York Yankees have most history than the Wings. BTW, even the Yankees have a few different jerseys.

Really? All I was aware of was the home Pinstripes and the Away greys, which they have had forever. I mean sure, in the 20s they had white ones that just said "Yankees" across the front, but I don't think they have changed much, if at all in the last 50 years.

BP and Spring training jerseys shouldn't really count...

Really? All I was aware of was the home Pinstripes and the Away greys, which they have had forever. I mean sure, in the 20s they had white ones that just said "Yankees" across the front, but I don't think they have changed much, if at all in the last 50 years.

BP and Spring training jerseys shouldn't really count...

yes, the have had solid whites, pinstripes, and greys. the basic jersey you see today in pinstripes has been the same a long time.

So wait...I am confused. The actually don't have a few different jerseys, right? I mean they just have a home and away that have been the same for the last 50 years, and home and away jerseys in baseball are always different colours with a different word mark.

I must have just missed the reasoning behind the comparison...?

So wait...I am confused. The actually don't have a few different jerseys, right? I mean they just have a home and away that have been the same for the last 50 years, and home and away jerseys in baseball are always different colours with a different word mark.

I must have just missed the reasoning behind the comparison...?

For about 50 years, yes. But how long have the Yankees been around? 1903.

Regardless, the point is jerseys change, it's not a big deal. Everyone is making it sound sac religious to add a third jersey. Not change the logo, not eliminate one of the two current jerseys, add a third. Big freakin' deal.

So what if it's all about making some extra money! Isn't that what it's all about anyway? Making money? And before you answer, remember the lockout.

And no, in baseball the jerseys aren't always different 'word mark'. Take the Atlanta Braves for instance. Same jersey, just different colors. Hell, if you want to go there, look at the Tigers, they have been around longer than the Wings and they have gone through some jersey's too.

Again, it's just a matter of time before it happens.

For about 50 years, yes. But how long have the Yankees been around? 1903.

Regardless, the point is jerseys change, it's not a big deal. Everyone is making it sound sac religious to add a third jersey. Not change the logo, not eliminate one of the two current jerseys, add a third. Big freakin' deal.

So what if it's all about making some extra money! Isn't that what it's all about anyway? Making money? And before you answer, remember the lockout.

And no, in baseball the jerseys aren't always different 'word mark'. Take the Atlanta Braves for instance. Same jersey, just different colors. Hell, if you want to go there, look at the Tigers, they have been around longer than the Wings and they have gone through some jersey's too.

Again, it's just a matter of time before it happens.

Actually it's been about 70 years since the Yankees wore anything different than what they wear now.

And if you want to use the Tigers as an example, great. The Tigers are one of the very few teams in baseball that has NEVER worn anything other than the home whites or road grays. Most baseball teams have a colored third; some have fourths and multiple variations. The Tigers, along with the Yankees and Dodgers (and I think that's it) don't have one.