• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kingston

some sick red wings logos!

Rate this topic

The Wings logo is hard to mess with and get anything that looks good as a result.

I'm all for the Wings getting a third jersey, but I think you have to move the winged-wheel to the shoulder, or not have it on the jersey at all. So far, I haven't seen anything that I really liked.

But I was thinking, why not just a simple black jersey, with Detroit running across the front from right shoulder to the left bottom, and the logo on the shoulder? Someone should try to photoshop that (i don't mess with photoshop, and the world is a better place for it). I think it would be pretty cool to see the Wings in all black equipment, with red highlights.

Guest Four

The only way to change a wings jersey is to put the redwings logo on the shoulder and put "RED WINGS" or "DETROIT" for the 'logo'

Det%20Vintage%203rd%20Concept.png

I wouldn't mind this at all for a third jersey... All the other concepts are brutal.

I could dig this one, maybe. Add the tie-down laces and it might look even cooler. Or maybe make the white look a little more aged or "yellowed."

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Det%20Vintage%203rd%20Concept.png

I wouldn't mind this at all for a third jersey... All the other concepts are brutal.

yeah thats a good one, but i also like the 2nd and third of the top 3 ones.

Especially with some new teams 3rd jersey seems an ok idea, but I don't see why Red Wings should have one. I think Minnesota's 3rd jersey looks good as I like the vintage style on their other uniforms too. The three first logos on that website are alright as logos, but not as Red Wings logos. If there must be another jersey, then I think the old Red Wings logo from 1931-33 might work on it.

redwings1931-1933.gif

I found it here: http://www.sportspool.com/hockey/teams/log...gs1931-1933.php

On EA Sports NHL games there is a 3rd jersey for Wings with red and white stripes.

38295052.jpg

Have these ever been used as 3rd jerseys?

Edited by P. Marlowe

winter classic maybe, but otherwise no

They are supposed to wear retro-jerseys at the Winter Classic. I say no both ways. Third jerseys are ALWAYS tacky unless they are some kind of real retro-jersey. If the Wings are going to get one, it should be in the style of the Leafs and Canadiens, whose thirds are both pretty nice.

P.S. I am not sure I understand the significance of the horse...??

DetroitRedWingsShoulderPatchLogo.png

Edited by Yzerfan1999

They are supposed to wear retro-jerseys at the Winter Classic. I say no both ways. Third jerseys are ALWAYS tacky unless they are some kind of real retro-jersey. If the Wings are going to get one, it should be in the style of the Leafs and Canadiens, whose thirds are both pretty nice.

P.S. I am not sure I understand the significance of the horse...??

DetroitRedWingsShoulderPatchLogo.png

Yeah i didnt get it either, maybe because we are from Detroit that has alot to do with cars and "Horsepower" or some s***. But that would work better with the Pistons not the wings, so maybe i dont know what the hell im talking about

The Wings logo is hard to mess with and get anything that looks good as a result.

I'm all for the Wings getting a third jersey, but I think you have to move the winged-wheel to the shoulder, or not have it on the jersey at all. So far, I haven't seen anything that I really liked.

But I was thinking, why not just a simple black jersey, with Detroit running across the front from right shoulder to the left bottom, and the logo on the shoulder? Someone should try to photoshop that (i don't mess with photoshop, and the world is a better place for it). I think it would be pretty cool to see the Wings in all black equipment, with red highlights.

I know its pretty crude but something a little like this??

(see next post)