• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

Hudler is a heart and soul player, He has to work harder because of his size and doesn't back down to anyone. He is a team player and isn't afraid to back up a team mate. He is steadily improving and if he keeps on this track will be a consistant 20 - 30 goals a year scorer. He's been under-rated but doesn't let that stop him from playing hard. He's a good solid 2nd liner in my opinion. Plus he was hilarious at the parade from what I hear and pics I've seen. Overall...B+

If you truely believe that then you're :crazy:

not really, Almost anytime the was a scruf on the ice, he was right there getting involved. The second liner may be a bit of a stretch I admit but I think the rest is pretty accurate considering his size.

Because he went through a period of games in the season where in the same period Downey has more points than him. (Hudler: 0, Downey: 1)

Yup, that's a great reason. :rolleyes: Of course, then Hudler went on to score 14 points in the playoffs (sixth overall on the Red Wings), including two game-winning goals. Not to mention, Hudler put up those stats playing mostly fourth-line minutes. I almost forgot that Hudler is too "small and not tough enough" though to produce when it matters most. I guess that theory is all but dead now. If by any stretch you are arguing that Downey was/is more valuable than Hudler, I feel really sorry for you.

Jiri Hudler is a good hockey player. I just think sometimes Hudler has unrealistic expectations placed on him by the media and/or fans. Hudler is offensively gifted, despite his size. I wish all of the people on here that constantly bash Hudler would give him credit, because he certainly deserves it now.

Edited by GoWings1905

not really, Almost anytime the was a scruf on the ice, he was right there getting involved. The second liner may be a bit of a stretch I admit but I think the rest is pretty accurate considering his size.

OHR1 was wrong and I think on just about any other team he'd be at least a second liner, so I think you were dead on with your analysis of him. I use to not be able to stand the little runt, but after this years playoffs I have to begrudgingly accept that he is a very skilled tiny player.

Yup, that's a great reason. :rolleyes: Of course, then Hudler went on to score 14 points in the playoffs (sixth overall on the Red Wings), including two game-winning goals. Not to mention, Hudler put up those stats playing mostly fourth-line minutes. I almost forgot that Hudler is too "small and not tough enough" though to produce when it matters most. I guess that theory is all but dead now. If by any stretch you are arguing that Downey was/is more valuable than Hudler, I feel really sorry for you.

Jiri Hudler is a good hockey player. I just think sometimes Hudler has unrealistic expectations placed on him by the media and/or fans. Hudler is offensively gifted, despite his size. I wish all of the people on here that constantly bash Hudler would give him credit, because he certainly deserves it now.

:clap:

I like Jiri Hudler because I remember a few years back watching his highlights on I think redwingscentral where he deked the s*** outta I think the Swiss junior team, and he was kicking a soccer ball around on the ice. Then when I went to a handful of Grand Rapids games between 04-06, he always seemed to have so much fun out there. The first time I ever saw him live, it was during warm up and for whatever reason he decided he was only going to take slapshots all warm up. He would skate around and every loose puck he would just fire at the net, no stick handling and no wrist shots, and he ended up getting a hat-trick in that game I remember. After the game we went down to the family and friends part to meet up with a close family friend Matt Ellis, and I remember Jiri Hudler came out and he was by far the smallest pro hockey player I've ever seen.... and he had a HUGE plate of spaghetti and he was all smiles (just scored a hat-trick...).

Even though his past few years on the Wings have probably been tough for him because he doesn't get top 6 minutes like he probably wants, he is always smiles and still finds ways to contribute even in limited minutes, never complains. I have a hard time saying he'll "stick up for teammates", but he'll definitely do whatever he is capable of and he'll never back down from a play while the game is on.

I know a lot of people don't like him because they think he's taking away a spot from Downey (who I also want in the line up so, so bad), but there's no comparison between the two at all. Hudler was 4th in forwards scoring during the regular season and he had 14 points this playoff run to boot.

Oh yeah and he's only 24...

I actually don't care much for him. But he's good for the team; he's almost never given "the benefit of the doubt," but he works hard and puts up solid numbers despite this. He's only looking at fourth-line duty here because this roster's so absurdly stacked.

For the few minutes he plays, he scores(goals and assists). He did have a poor second half but a great playoff run. He is also one of the best shoot out performers in the league. Also his defensive game has steady improved every year.

He is very young and still maturing, should be a great Red Wings for many years.

Guest Crymson

He's a great power-play center, he has a great shot, he's a great passer, and he's very affordable. It's not as if we're paying the guy $3m+ per year; we pay $1m for a lot of scoring. He's one-dimensional, but we don't need him to be two-dimensional.

Because he went through a period of games in the season where in the same period Downey has more points than him. (Hudler: 0, Downey: 1)

Two different types of players. Everybody goes through bad stretches of games and if Downey ever gets more than 10 - 15 points a season, that'll be a miracle in itself.

Pretty silly comparison there.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Sammy > Hudler IMO.

I think Sammy provides more then Hudler does.. Yet Sammy is everyone whipping boy.