• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Holmstrom96Screens

have any of you ever written to NHL players?

Rate this topic

what kind of a response did you get?

I'm curious cause I've written to some - Pavel Bure, Teemu Selanne, Alexei Zhamnov, and Mario Lemieux

I asked for their autographs and I received them too

wrote them in the 1990's and still treasure what they sent me.

I'm wondering if you wrote to any nhl players what kind of response did u receive? note? autograph? Did you send a card and ask for their john henry? did u get it back signed?

what were the responses like? were they friendly?

when I wrote to lemieux it wazs about 1993 I suppose and he'd won the cup the year before and he'd just become a father plus he waS a community guy helping out with charity and such so I wrote him on that congratulated him on that I never sent a card but he sent me a pic of him with his autograph on it

when i wrote pavel bure I had been from the mid 90's to the late 90's a member of the pavel bure fan club and paid membership dues things like that and I sent him one of his cards and asked for his autograpgh and I got it back signed. I suppose being in his fan club - he might have been happy to oblige.

Selanne and Zhamnov - when I wrote the two of them they were like - I might compare them to Dats and Hank of today- almost. They were like thepower duo of them Jets as they were before they became the Coyotes. Selanne even had the honor of breaking one of Mike Bossy's records and Zhamnov scored five goals in one gAME. Anyway I wrote the two of them and they sent me their autographed pics.

So I'm wondering about you people. How did u find the players, friendly or no, and did u ask for an autograph, did u get it....etc?

Edited by Holmstrom96Screens

I wrote George Laraque when he played here in Edmonton. I asked him the significance of #27. He emailed me back asking for my address so he could send an autographed picture and sure enough, in 2 weeks I got it. It said my name and he wrote "Best Wishes", just like Yzerman wrote.

I thought it was pretty nice of him, Laraque was great with the fans the community here in Edmonton. It was a shame to see him go.

Actually yes I have. Twice.

First person I wrote to was Gordie Howe when I was 10 (22 now) for an interview I had to do for a class. He actually wrote back and sent some signed pictures, a signed hockey puck, and 3 tickets to a Wings game! My mom was surprised that I even got anything back, but he answered all my questions, even the one "What's your favorite sport?" lol. Class act!

Second person I worte to was Sergie Fedorov during his hold out and got it sent back saying something to the effect I had to write it to the players mailbox (I sent it to JLA...I was young, I didn't know better lol) or something like that.

But Gordie surprised the hell out of me for the things he sent me and the fact he answered like 50 questions!!!

There's nothing on tv

Actually yes I have. Twice.

First person I wrote to was Gordie Howe when I was 10 (22 now) for an interview I had to do for a class. He actually wrote back and sent some signed pictures, a signed hockey puck, and 3 tickets to a Wings game! My mom was surprised that I even got anything back, but he answered all my questions, even the one "What's your favorite sport?" lol. Class act!

Second person I worte to was Sergie Fedorov during his hold out and got it sent back saying something to the effect I had to write it to the players mailbox (I sent it to JLA...I was young, I didn't know better lol) or something like that.

But Gordie surprised the hell out of me for the things he sent me and the fact he answered like 50 questions!!!

Wow, that is really amazing. Gordie is a class act. I've met him several times (I went to high school with his grandson, Gordie and we were in choir together) and he's amazing.

That makes me want to write to a hockey player :)

I wrote to Brett Hull when he was in St Louis. I sent him two hockey cards, and asked him to sign them. He signed them for me. I did not get a letter back, but I was more then happy enough with the autographed cards.

I wrote to tons of NFL players as a kid and ironically, being a Redskins fan, the only player who ever wrote me back was Troy Aikman. He sent me a signed photo which I still have framed today. I hate the Cowboys but respected him as a QB and treasure it for him taking the time to write a 6 year old back with an autograph.

where do you get the players mailbox address?

Thats a good question. Its been in my mind ever since the other poster said his/her letter to Fedorov got returned.

I've never written to a red wings player ever. Tbh. But I want to. So forgive my innocence because I dont know correct address.

I have only the 600 civic center address thingy

but dunno if its the right one if you wanna write to a red wing.

could anyone tell us , myself and Zata40, please?

I'm sorry to report that the Red Wings are one of the worst teams about players seeing mail and signing through the mail. Even if you right directly to the players, the Red Wings are one of the most wide users of auto penning, so even if something comes back signed, depending on the player, he may not have ever touched your card or item you sent in.

I'm sorry to report that the Red Wings are one of the worst teams about players seeing mail and signing through the mail. Even if you right directly to the players, the Red Wings are one of the most wide users of auto penning, so even if something comes back signed, depending on the player, he may not have ever touched your card or item you sent in.

How do you know that?

Guest mindfly

Yes of course, got some autographs, posters, and other merch... too bad it was from flyers :( I was like 6years old and I didn't really support any particular team :P

From the Red Wings website I found the following

How can I contact a player?

To contact a player or to send fan mail, you may send your letter to that player's attention care of:

Detroit Red Wings Joe Louis Arena 600 Civic Center Drive Detroit, MI 48226

Please do not send personal items of value to be autographed by the players. Due to the large volume potential of these requests, we cannot guarantee the safe return of your property. Autographed jerseys, photos, sticks, pucks, etc are available through the Red Wings Merchandise department. For a catalog, please send a request to the address above in care of "Merchandise".

Another option and I think the best chance of getting any response from the player is to write to the mailbox thing they do online and hope they answer your question. Or you could just write something to them and maybe they would respond through that. The link to that is below.

http://www.formspring.com/forms/?187759-PHsHJ0ZQC5

Thank you very much Princess.

I'll write a letter anyway and send a card I dont mind if I dont happen to get it back cause I can get lots of cards

and see what happens

I've never written to a wings player before I mean a fan letter or asked for an autograph like I said but

I did send get well cards to Konstantinov and Mnatsakanov (though he was never a red wings player per se but part of the wings) in 1997 when they got injured

never got any response from anyone

but then I didnt expect anything. I gave something to them and didnt expect anything in return.

I wanted to make them feel better.

I wrote to them and addressed it "C/O Detroit Red Wings" and the 600 Civic Center address thingy obviously they couldnt read it themselves at the time I sent them both of them were in a coma.

I wrote to Grant Fuhr when I was in 5th grade in 1996-97. My friend was also a hockey fan and a great artist so he drew me this picture of Grant Fuhr in the McDonalds red jersey. I sent it with a note asking for at least a signed picture and, if it wasn't any trouble, his jersey. :lol: I'm still waiting for my response.

I think I'll write to Holmstrom though. I also picked out a card to ask him for his autograph.

Its a card I dont mind if it gets lost or anything cause I can get more but that card has a great shot of him working in his office :P

that way I would let him know that I know what one of his most important jobs as a wing is.

I thought he might appreciate it.

I'll see what happens anyway.

I'm going to even be nice and send a self addressed stamped envelope I know hockey players are busy busy people. So I'll even be kind.

of course its a no brainer for me that I dont write players during the summer. Let them enjoy summer without being bothered by fans is what I think.

Drupha might be right, of course I wouldnt know, I've never written to a wing before

But you know the old saying "Never venture, never win"

if you dont try at all you'll never gain anything.

That must have changed over the years then because I sent 4 or 5 of Sergei Fedorov;s Upper Deck Rookies to him back in the mid 90's and every one of them was signed. You can't mistake his signature.

Beckett's Sports price guides usedto list all the addresses for all the sports teams so you can send mail.

A few I have sent out and were returned were Paul Kariya,Mike Modano,Owen Nolan, Petr Nedved,Mats Sundin,Eric Lindros,Keith Primeau,and even Martin Brodeur.

This of course was between 91-96 so things probably have changed.

I wrote to Brett Hull when he was in St Louis. I sent him two hockey cards, and asked him to sign them. He signed them for me. I did not get a letter back, but I was more then happy enough with the autographed cards.

I posted something on another thread about getting autographs in person from Lidstrom, Schneider and Hull in downtown Chicago. Later, I sent all three of them a photo of me from a tv thing I did (my 15 minutes of fame), asking them to please autograph it and adding that the photo itself could probably bring them a buck eighty in return. (Whoopee...!) I also sent an SASE. Hull is the only one who sent it back, autographed. Since that time, I've never thought of him as anything but a nice guy.

The day the Wings bought out McCarty in 2005 I sent him and e-mail through his website saying how big a fan I am of his, and how upset I was to see him go. He e-mailed me back saying that's how the sports business is and there's nothing he can do about it, but that I made his day.

:thumbup: