• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

slavetothehotlight

Wings still in Sundin Mix?

Rate this topic

You know what guys, I think it is possible that Sundin takes a huge paycut! Think about it - he's pretty old already and he is desperate to win the cup. Detroit is his only realistic option, we have a cup winning team + Hossa now, adding him would make the Wings a bloody terminator of this league. We have it all and imagine what he could add! If he takes a huge paycut, I for sure would welcome this talented but aging superstar to Detroit. Other option to me is give Helm an opportunity and more icetime this year. That guy is a blast! What an energy.

Don't be so negative about the paycut, that guy has enough money, but he is desperate to win a Stanley Cup! He has been working all his career for that and probably dreamt about it since he was a kid. So we'll see.. one thing is clear, adding Sundin would be another huge surplus for us and the only thing in between the Wings and the Cup next season would be the injury list. That vulnerability was seen last season in defence corps. Other than that, we would be fine without him also, but if possible, who wouldn't add another cherry on this Stanley Cup winning cake. :thumbup:

You know what guys, I think it is possible that Sundin takes a huge paycut! Think about it - he's pretty old already and he is desperate to win the cup. Detroit is his only realistic option, we have a cup winning team + Hossa now, adding him would make the Wings a bloody terminator of this league. We have it all and imagine what he could add! If he takes a huge paycut, I for sure would welcome this talented but aging superstar to Detroit. Other option to me is give Helm an opportunity and more icetime this year. That guy is a blast! What an energy.

Don't be so negative about the paycut, that guy has enough money, but he is desperate to win a Stanley Cup! He has been working all his career for that and probably dreamt about it since he was a kid. So we'll see.. one thing is clear, adding Sundin would be another huge surplus for us and the only thing in between the Wings and the Cup next season would be the injury list. That vulnerability was seen last season in defence corps. Other than that, we would be fine without him also, but if possible, who wouldn't add another cherry on this Stanley Cup winning cake. :thumbup:

I respectfully disagree. He won't come to Detroit. We won't even be in a position to sign him when he makes his decision anyway. We still have to take care of Filppula.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
I respectfully disagree. He won't come to Detroit. We won't even be in a position to sign him when he makes his decision anyway. We still have to take care of Filppula.

I have a funny feeling that Kenny will make a call to Sundin saying that the price of the cup will be 9,550,000 dollar paycut from what Vancouvers offering. I dont know if he'd agree or not, but I am Sure that kenny will inquire one more time before the august 1st deadline

Why would you want them to add Sundin anyways. Thats one less young talent they can have getting NHL experience, One less talent that gets to move up to the first line on the AHL roster. I think they have all the players in there franchise they need. Lets just continue locking up the guys we have and developing them and we will be a contender for many years to come.

Plus none of you guys look at how having Sundin and Hossa on the roster would effect the rest of the line up. All suddenly you got 2 super star lines that get the job done night in and out and the back end of the roster doesn't feel very important. Things are working perfect right now, all the lines feel important and are trying to be the ones to shine and help Zetterberg and Dat out every night. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line is needed and them guys know there needed because Detroit only has 1 star line.

Why would you want them to add Sundin anyways. Thats one less young talent they can have getting NHL experience, One less talent that gets to move up to the first line on the AHL roster. I think they have all the players in there franchise they need. Lets just continue locking up the guys we have and developing them and we will be a contender for many years to come.

Plus none of you guys look at how having Sundin and Hossa on the roster would effect the rest of the line up. All suddenly you got 2 super star lines that get the job done night in and out and the back end of the roster doesn't feel very important. Things are working perfect right now, all the lines feel important and are trying to be the ones to shine and help Zetterberg and Dat out every night. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line is needed and them guys know there needed because Detroit only has 1 star line.

But Sammy's mom says he's an important part of the team, so he feels important regardless.

Sundin's agent has reported that Detroit is NOT interested in Sundin. This was just published today.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=244905

It's interesting the way that is being reported. I heard the actual interview and JP Barry did not say that Detroit is not interested, he said that out of the teams being speculated about, Detroit was no longer being considered.