• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Milbury joins HNIC

Rate this topic

With the way he runs his mouth, hes about lined up to take over for Don Cherry. Milbury does say a lot of moronic things, but he also makes some good (and hilarious) commentary every once in a while..

I guess what bothers me the most about Milbury, Maguire, and Cherry is that they always seem to favor the east or the Canadian teams. I can understand favoring your home country sometimes, but just to give credit where the credit is due. I don't doubt that these guys know the game of hockey, but no one gave Detroit any credit all season. Forgive me if I sound like a total homer, but the Wings dominated teams, and all we heard was how the other team was flat that night, or whatever they could come up with, without aknowledging, how talented the Wings were that game. I even noticed it during the SJ vs Calgary series. At least with Cherry, which is nothing new. There was nothing given to SJ. The talk was all Calgary.

With the way he runs his mouth, hes about lined up to take over for Don Cherry. Milbury does say a lot of moronic things, but he also makes some good (and hilarious) commentary every once in a while..

He'd be a bizarro replacement, as Milbury has been extremely outspoken about the stupidity of the bias against European players. I think, if anything, he was brought in to be a balance to Cherry.

BTW, I love Cherry; I just don't agree with a lot of his views if that makes any sence. I also like Milbury a lot as an analyst, and I wish TSN/Versus could have retained him.

Edited by Airborn

He'd be a bizarro replacement, as Milbury has been extremely outspoken about the stupidity of the bias against European players. I think, if anything, he was brought in to be a balance to Cherry.

BTW, I love Cherry; I just don't agree with a lot of his views if that makes any sence. I also like Milbury a lot as an analyst, and I wish TSN/Versus could have retained him.

I doubt anti-European views are something that HNIC is really concerned about maintaining. Don Cherry has his job cause he wears crazy suits and says whatever the hell he wants. Mike Milbury does the same thing, except with a crazy hairpiece instead of the suit. Im not a fan of either guy, but if you can put aside a lot of the crap that they spew on TV, its almost always amusing, entertaining, and controversial.

Plus, everybody loves to ***** and complain, and Milbury possibly "replacing" Cherry if/when he retires would keep the wheels moving..

Honestly, I don't have a problem with Milbury or McGuire. Cherry's comments have to be taken with a grain of salt, so I never take him too seriously. The guys who I think have s*** for brains are Nik Kypreos, Ron MacLean (always whining for the pre-lock out clutch and grab style of hockey to return), and every ******* loser wash up back up goalie like Greg Millen. I still remember in 2002 game 4 of the Conf. quarters against Vancouver, Detroit was up 2-0 and had just received a power play, when Millen exclaimed " The Canucks have the Red Wings RIGHT where they want them right now". His reasoning was that a short handed goal to make it 2-1 would have made the game interesting, but it was a stupid thing to say and I will never forget it. Whoever thinks a team that is down by 2 and on the PK has their opponent right where they want them, is a blathering idiot.

Sorry...I will just always remember that comment. Detroit won the game 4-0.