• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

superdeluxe

Detroit Red Wings @ Vancouver

Rate this topic

I hope this okay.

Me and some of my friends are planning a trip north of the border to Vancouver, to watch the wings play.

A couple of questions if its okay

I really want a picture or autograph on my stay, Does anyone know what hotel they usually stay at?

Also where they usually eat at? (I would never interrupt their meal, I would for them to come out or finish or what not).

I know a buddy of mine once meet Chris Chelios and Brendan Shanahan at Gotham Steakhouse in downtown BC, anywhere else?

Thanks!

I hope this okay.

Me and some of my friends are planning a trip north of the border to Vancouver, to watch the wings play.

A couple of questions if its okay

I really want a picture or autograph on my stay, Does anyone know what hotel they usually stay at?

Also where they usually eat at? (I would never interrupt their meal, I would for them to come out or finish or what not).

I know a buddy of mine once meet Chris Chelios and Brendan Shanahan at Gotham Steakhouse in downtown BC, anywhere else?

Thanks!

Try asking on the canucks forum or maybe ask Vancouver's Team 1040 radio station.

Incidently, its downtown Vancouver, not downtown British Columbia.

Where will you be travelling from?

Try asking on the canucks forum or maybe ask Vancouver's Team 1040 radio station.

Incidently, its downtown Vancouver, not downtown British Columbia.

Where will you be travelling from?

Surrey, most likely... :rolleyes:

I study at UBC and I've been attending the last couple of games the Wings have played there. Unfortunately I've never tried getting an autograph or anything - I'd just freeze up anyway. Although I have no idea where the team stays/eats/whatever, I would think the best/least intrusive way to get an autograph or photo would be to wait out at the players' entrance before or after the game.

Great idea on the Vancouver board, completely blew that one

I'd be coming in from tacoma, which is about 50-55 minutes south of Seattle

There are a couple of places that visiting teams stay at when they play the Canucks. One of them is hotel Vancouver and I can't remember what the other one is.

During the 2002 Cup Run, i was able to get some autographs from a few players. They stayed at the Pan Pacific. Im not sure where they went for dinner. They came back in little groups and then left in seperate taxi's.

Im looking for people to goto the vancouver games with, since i dont wanna sit alone with my wings jersey..hehe

During the 2002 Cup Run, i was able to get some autographs from a few players. They stayed at the Pan Pacific. Im not sure where they went for dinner. They came back in little groups and then left in seperate taxi's.

Im looking for people to goto the vancouver games with, since i dont wanna sit alone with my wings jersey..hehe

I'll be at both

May I make a suggestion?

Get there early enough to see the pregame skate; not the morning skate, but the pregame, a little before the anthems. Sit behind the wings net, about 6-8 rows up. You will not believe the drills they do. The Canucks will be doing some basic stuff, but the Wings seem like they have 6 different goups doing different drills all on the same ice together and its totally cool how they fly at high speed and and don't crunch each other. It looks best from behind the net. :thumbup:

On your way thru Bellingham, wave to your right as you pass the Lakeway exit, I live up on the hill and will be watching the game.

About that time, tune your radio to am 1040 for game talk.

Sit behind the wings net, about 6-8 rows up. You will not believe the drills they do. The Canucks will be doing some basic stuff, but the Wings seem like they have 6 different goups doing different drills all on the same ice together and its totally cool how they fly at high speed and and don't crunch each other. It looks best from behind the net. :thumbup:

From what I can remember hearing, the Canucks have the most expensive tickets in the league, and their prices are jacked up even higher for 'premium' games. I envy anyone who can afford to sit anywhere near that close to the ice, it cost me 110 for an upper-bowl ticket back near a corner both games they played at GM Place. In any case, I noticed the same kind of grouping from back where I was seated.

About that time, tune your radio to am 1040 for game talk.

They also have an FM broadcast of the same commentary for gametime. I can't remember the frequency but it works a hell of a lot better than 1040, I could barely hear a thing over the noise of the crowd when I tried it.

Yeah, usually they stay at the Pan Pacific, not sure where they eat.

They arrive at the rink around 8-9am for the game day skate, you can sometimes get autographs then.

I'll be in my companies suite for that one.

Cheers.

Wow, games against Vancouver this season will be real exciting with Sundin and all. Vancouver is a pretty sweet city too. Yer gonna have an awesome time!

My Dad and I come up from Puyallup for this trip, too. I often wondered about "running into" players.

Went to last years Feb 23rd game that about half of the Wings were out of the line-up for, and Jimmy Howard played in. After the Nuck's beat our AHL team, you would have thought they won a playoff series. The fans were ass-clowns.

Its usually a real good time though...beautiful city too.

My Dad and I come up from Puyallup for this trip, too. I often wondered about "running into" players.

Went to last years Feb 23rd game that about half of the Wings were out of the line-up for, and Jimmy Howard played in. After the Nuck's beat our AHL team, you would have thought they won a playoff series. The fans were ass-clowns.

Its usually a real good time though...beautiful city too.

Hey! another south sound redwing fan, where do south sound red wing fans go to catch the game?

let me know which games your gonna attend, and maybe we can get a group going to the wings vs nucks game.

I'd love to have some kind of group game-crash at GM Place organized. Whenever I go it's on my own and I wind up getting surrounded on all sides by Nucksheads.

The only issue is, how would things be organized so that everyone is seated together?

Edited by Cern

Dunno, but I'm game if we can make it happen. Didn't realize there were so many of us western WA types...

The best I can think of short of having one person buying all the tickets and then getting paid later (which would be problematic for a whole number of reasons) is somehow having everyone get a seat in the same section; then at least the concentration of Wings fans will be higher.

My job has me fortunate enough to attend many Canucks practices during the year. I can tell you your best chances of getting a signature would probably outside of gate8(or 9..can't remember the number) after the morning skate. The visiting teams skate after the canucks on gamedays. The nucks are usually off around noon and the visitng teams are on the ice for about an hour after them. So I would say be there around 130pm-230pm. If you see a charter bus that is a good sign. Keep in mind that there is ALWAYS "professional" autograph collecters there. So if you see these guys you are in the right place. The players seem to respond better if you use their first names and are polite from what I have seen.

As far as eating I would say Gotham steakhouse and Morton's steakhouse are probably your best bets. Keep in mind both of these places are expensive to eat at. We're talking $50 for a damn steak here. For the nightlife visitng teams tend to hit up a club called the Roxy on Granville street. Pretty good chance of seeing hockey players (retired and current) there. Pavel Bure had his mail sent there when he played here...

Be prepared to be hassled by Nucks fans. They are extremely bitter and resentful of the Wings. Especially after 2002... Hope this helps and hope you have a good time. Oh and bring an umbrella. It'll be raining.

Edited by HELLDOGSbmx