• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsallTheway

Shanahan looking to return next season

Rate this topic

lol drop downey and mac and pick up shanny, give him 4th line minutes and use him for his experience and his fists of fury :) voila our new drake

Having a player become the new Drake, we usually mean someone who has never won the cup and is hungry for one. No?

Shanahan has what three cups? Wheres his hunger?

Unless you were being sarcastic.... :ph34r:

Guest LivingtheDream
no sarcasm at all , im getting tired of all the shanahan lovers, he is a great player but he has no role in detroit

Had he stayed, he might have had a spot in management some day kind of like Stevie, but but but.. he is gone so what is the point.

Shouldn't have left detroit shanny... wheres your jersey going to be hung up in the rafters now??? NOWHERES!!!!

I highly doubt he was worried about having his jersey retired at the time, or now. He felt it was time to move on at the time, he was part of the past instead of the Wings future. No hard feelings from anybody.

I highly doubt he was worried about having his jersey retired at the time, or now. He felt it was time to move on at the time, he was part of the past instead of the Wings future. No hard feelings from anybody.

I never bought that garbage about "I'm part of Detroit's past".....no way would he leave if he thoght the Wings were gonna bring home another cup! He left because he didn't believe this would happen before his last yrs ran up....he is a cup chaser for sure....he's got loads of cash....and was overpaid in NY.....he has even stated recently that he is only interested in playing for a true cup contender team....I bet it BURNS him to realize he missed out on his 4th CUP....Come back home where you belong....and come back CHEAP!

I never bought that garbage about "I'm part of Detroit's past".....no way would he leave if he thoght the Wings were gonna bring home another cup! He left because he didn't believe this would happen before his last yrs ran up....he is a cup chaser for sure....he's got loads of cash....and was overpaid in NY.....he has even stated recently that he is only interested in playing for a true cup contender team....I bet it BURNS him to realize he missed out on his 4th CUP....Come back home where you belong....and come back CHEAP!

If he was a Cup chaser, would he really have gone to the Rangers??

If he was a Cup chaser, would he really have gone to the Rangers??

Yes....he was key in them aquiring Duruy/Gomez and Avery.....he was looking to build that team to win it all....and Barry Melrose really bought into this "dream" that's all I heard out of his mouth everytime he was on air!

I'd love to see him in a media capacity. Get him on the NBC/Versus broadcasts. Put him between the benches and kick Pierre McGuire to the curb.

Same here. McGuire is just oh so bad. In fact, many in the hockey media are bad, tired, and bland. Shanny would be good in the media, or perhaps, more importantly in the offices of the NHL. Either way, I would trust him over many of the suits that have never played the game in their lives.

Shanahan has been my favorite player since he first arrived in Saint Louis. But he does not fit on the Red Wings anymore, hence why he is in New York. With that said, I would love for him to have one more strong season in New York and retire, and from there to better the game in other ways. Best of luck Shanny!

I love the guy, I have mad appreciation for the cups he brought to Detroit (yes, I think he was one of the major reasons we won the first two in the modern era), I hope he has a great final year or two and retires with grace... wearing another sweater.

PS: To whoever mentioned him in a media role in the near future: :clap:

Does Lightning still have enough capspace to sign Shanny? :)

Im surprised that teams on the verge haven't contacted Shannys agent, guy still has that vet leadership and could help someone on a power play. Sorta figured the Predaturds would maybe bring him in (would be a name, and he would be a leader off the ice) figured the same with the Canucks, and dont forget EVERYONE wants to play for the Leafs. :)