• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
omnipotent_hudler

More proof that Ovechkin is basically awesome

Rate this topic

Yeah can't really argue that. If it was Dats or Zetts getting the media attention Sid gets, most people here would be all for it. But if you went to other message boards, they would say how much they suck.

Just how it works. No matter how great Sid is, some people will always think he sucks. And same goes for Ovechkin. For every guy that thinks he's the best, you can count on another thinking he sucks. Still, surprises me how many people compare them and who is better. They play two different styles. Sid will never score 50 goals. He isn't a sniper, he's a set up guy who can also score. Sid is more like Joe Thornton, but obviously better. Ovechkin is a pure sniper, like Kovalchuk. When people compare the two, what are they comparing? Any given year that each of them play (injury free) Alex will, and should, have more goals and Sid should,and will have more assists.

Just a few short years ago, people complained that the league didn't have a player that was marketed so non hockey fans would even know who he is. The league and fans wanted a face of the game after Wayne and Mario left. Now they have one and they still complain. The same in the NBA. They chose Labron James and you can still find tons of people that think he sucks and how other guys should be in his place. You can't please everybody. Like the other year when Ken Hitchcock calls Sid a diver than all of a sudden you have Hitchcock bandwagon fans here and other places saying the same thing. Maybe Ken's word is golden, who knows. If Ken says he's a diver, than he is.

I love OV. And I think he should be marketed more. But even if he was, after a while people would complain his broken english is no longer funny, they would say it's pathetic, he's been here for a few years now, learn to speak proper english. No matter who is on top, people want to complain and bring them down. People did it to Wayne, Mario, Jagr, Forsberg, and now Sid.

But like someone else said. Both of them are getting paid their millions. They could care less what the other is doing. They are good friends. Any time they play each other, they tend to get food before the game or atleast pass the puck around on the ice hours before the game. Same with Malkin, him and Alex usually sit in the stands for a while and chat on gameday. The league can market who they want, the fans can hate it or love it, but the players make their money either way.

Ken Hitchcock calls Sid a diver and everybody else jumps on the bandwagon. "Hey, if Ken says Sid is a diver, then he is." That's when it all started.

I only like marketing other players to that degree because it attracts people to the sport. Hockey needs that because I am sick of having to rely on Versus and CBC to give me all of my hockey news. I want ESPN to take notice and have their sportscasters know hockey and discuss it.

Btw one thing I really hate is how they are making a documentary of the guy. I don't care who's team he is on he can't even drink yet and they are talking about his wonderful career. Wait until he breaks the point record and becomes a hall of famer and wins a couple cups and becomes a great leader. Honestly Crosby isn't THAT great. And I would feel the same if Henrik received that publicity, because neither are there yet.

Need I remind you that he just finished helping his team to the SC finals by leading them in scoring with 27 points in 20 games? I would say he has lived up to the hype just as much as AO - they both have Hart, Art Ross and L.B. Pearson trophies and Crosby has 16 fewer points then AO in 32 fewer games. Both of them have completely lived up to their hype.

He got outscored by ******* Samuelsson at the only point of the season it mattered, losing the Cup in the process.

Until he changes that, he hasn't lived up to his hype.

Edited by Cern

You must not watch hockey if you claim Crosby is just a 'decent' player.

All you people who are bitching that Ovechkin doesn't get the attention Crosby does...YOU are the cry babies.

Settle the f*** down - it still baffles me how worked up people get because they think Ovechkin doesn't get whats his. The guy is a multi-millionaire who couldn't care less what Crosby is doing right now.

Crosby is the 'face' of the NHL because Ovechkin looks like an ogre. He's Canadian and speaks perfect english, and I don't care if you think AO is better, they are both amazing players - so, if you were going to choose someone to market, who would you pick? A good looking Canadian boy who the ladies drool over and guys want to be? Or a mangled looking Russian who speaks broken english? Sure, its tough luck for AO and I like him as much as the next person does, but thats the way it works, and hey - they both get their millions. So whats the big deal?

I get so annoyed with all these Crosby sucks threads. I don't think there has ever been a player people ***** so much about, jesus.

This AO vs. 'Crysby' is such a tired argument, we all know we'd rather have Zetterberg anyways.

Whats funny friend is you tell everyone to settle the f*** down but your the only one going crazy over it. Anyhow my opinion is AO is a much better player then Crosby. I do watch quite a bit of hockey, alot of Pens and Hawks games too. I don't feel the need to get in a pissing contest. Crosby is a little overhyped and I think if I was very wrong you would not get so upset about it. The truth hurts maybe? Crosby racks up alot of points by camping out on the left side of the net. Malkin carried the team for about half the season when Sid was out. Whatever.

Whats funny friend is you tell everyone to settle the f*** down but your the only one going crazy over it. Anyhow my opinion is AO is a much better player then Crosby. I do watch quite a bit of hockey, alot of Pens and Hawks games too. I don't feel the need to get in a pissing contest. Crosby is a little overhyped and I think if I was very wrong you would not get so upset about it. The truth hurts maybe? Crosby racks up alot of points by camping out on the left side of the net. Malkin carried the team for about half the season when Sid was out. Whatever.

There is no truth to Crosby being overhyped. Is Ovechkin better than him? That is entirely subjective and you can lay 50 reasons why he's probably better, and another person can lay out 50 reasons why Crosby is probably better. It will be an endless debate and that is something I am not even going to waste my time even starting as I don't care that badly to figure out which of the two is better since they are both to of the best in the game today, and I'm fine leaving it at that.

But to say Crosby has not lived up to the hype of being one of the best players in the game today like you originally said when...

(1) He certainly has good numbers to suggest he's one of the best in the game today.

(2) He's only 20.

...is ridiculously pre-mature.

You and plenty of other people might like Ovechkin more because he's one of the best and is also funny, a smart-allec, a better personality on and off the ice, or whatever else. That's fine, I like Ovechkin in that type of way as well. That does not take away at all of how Crosby can produce on the ice and the hype that people give him to perhaps be one of the best in the league for years to come. It is justified.

The truth doesn't hurt, people being biased because they think a player gets too much attention is just plain stupid. Admit it, you were afraid just like the rest of us every time the puck was on Crosby's stick during the finals.

Time to call off the vendetta on Crosby and start appreciating good players in the NHL, no matter how they are or aren't marketed. What do you care anyways? Just ignore it.

The truth doesn't hurt, people being biased because they think a player gets too much attention is just plain stupid. Admit it, you were afraid just like the rest of us every time the puck was on Crosby's stick during the finals.

I wasn't, because his play was nonexistent half the time. Hossa was the only one who had me worried.

There is no truth to Crosby being overhyped. Is Ovechkin better than him? That is entirely subjective and you can lay 50 reasons why he's probably better, and another person can lay out 50 reasons why Crosby is probably better. It will be an endless debate and that is something I am not even going to waste my time even starting as I don't care that badly to figure out which of the two is better since they are both to of the best in the game today, and I'm fine leaving it at that.

But to say Crosby has not lived up to the hype of being one of the best players in the game today like you originally said when...

(1) He certainly has good numbers to suggest he's one of the best in the game today.

(2) He's only 20.

...is ridiculously pre-mature.

You and plenty of other people might like Ovechkin more because he's one of the best and is also funny, a smart-allec, a better personality on and off the ice, or whatever else. That's fine, I like Ovechkin in that type of way as well. That does not take away at all of how Crosby can produce on the ice and the hype that people give him to perhaps be one of the best in the league for years to come. It is justified.

True. Agree to disagree. I was a huge Crosby fan since he came in the league. Then the 2008 playoff's happened and I noticed that he looked a bit lathargic (spelling) and seemed to always be camped out on the net. Forget the "cry-baby" stuff. You can go read every post I ever tryped about Sid and you will see that I have never called him a cry baby. He is talented and has years to develop. Side by side comparison to OV right now and in my opinion OV has the edge. he is more offensively skilled and a bit more flashy and exciting to watch. He has more ability on the defensive end. Nevermind all of the "personality", broken nose and five goals, he is a machine. I was the exact opposite at the beginning of the season. It is not that Sid is over hyped but for me he has yet to live up to the hype. I think Malkin was more important to the regular season the Sid.

Time to call off the vendetta on Crosby and start appreciating good players in the NHL, no matter how they are or aren't marketed. What do you care anyways? Just ignore it.

I don't have to call off anything. I was not that worried when the puck hit Sids stick as when it hit Hossa's! Even Malkin I know he was invisible but I was sure he was going to turn it on. I care because that is the topic that we are discussing, it is really annoying when people get so upset when others differ from thier opinion.

And I am not so sure what to ignore, how rude you can appearantly be when someone disagree's with your Mighty Opinion?

I wasn't, because his play was nonexistent half the time. Hossa was the only one who had me worried.

QFT

True. Agree to disagree. I was a huge Crosby fan since he came in the league. Then the 2008 playoff's happened and I noticed that he looked a bit lathargic (spelling) and seemed to always be camped out on the net. Forget the "cry-baby" stuff. You can go read every post I ever tryped about Sid and you will see that I have never called him a cry baby. He is talented and has years to develop. Side by side comparison to OV right now and in my opinion OV has the edge. he is more offensively skilled and a bit more flashy and exciting to watch. He has more ability on the defensive end. Nevermind all of the "personality", broken nose and five goals, he is a machine. I was the exact opposite at the beginning of the season. It is not that Sid is over hyped but for me he has yet to live up to the hype. I think Malkin was more important to the regular season the Sid.

I don't have to call off anything. I was not that worried when the puck hit Sids stick as when it hit Hossa's! Even Malkin I know he was invisible but I was sure he was going to turn it on. I care because that is the topic that we are discussing, it is really annoying when people get so upset when others differ from thier opinion.

And I am not so sure what to ignore, how rude you can appearantly be when someone disagree's with your Mighty Opinion?

QFT

How rude I can be? Please, I know you are not that sensitive.

And BTW, you are the one whose comments were deleted by the admin. Just 'cause I am tired of Crosby bashing doesn't mean I'm ***.

Lucky the rest of the posters here were spaired your juvenile comments.

That is all.

Edited by Yzerfan1999

Crosby was the Pens best player in the playoffs by a mile and probably their best against Detroit. Crosby is also the main reason Hossa didn't suck arse in the playoffs.

You must not watch hockey if you claim Crosby is just a 'decent' player.

All you people who are bitching that Ovechkin doesn't get the attention Crosby does...YOU are the cry babies.

Settle the f*** down - it still baffles me how worked up people get because they think Ovechkin doesn't get whats his. The guy is a multi-millionaire who couldn't care less what Crosby is doing right now.

Crosby is the 'face' of the NHL because Ovechkin looks like an ogre. He's Canadian and speaks perfect english, and I don't care if you think AO is better, they are both amazing players - so, if you were going to choose someone to market, who would you pick? A good looking Canadian boy who the ladies drool over and guys want to be? Or a mangled looking Russian who speaks broken english? Sure, its tough luck for AO and I like him as much as the next person does, but thats the way it works, and hey - they both get their millions. So whats the big deal?

I get so annoyed with all these Crosby sucks threads. I don't think there has ever been a player people ***** so much about, jesus.

This AO vs. 'Crysby' is such a tired argument, we all know we'd rather have Zetterberg anyways.

First guy to make sense on this thread, sorry to break you guys but Crosby is the best player in the league. 27 out of the 30 GM's would agree that Crosby is the best player in the league. Don't you think the GM's know a little more hockey then an average fan?

Ovechkin is a goal scorer, a sniper, just an upgraded version of Kovalchuck. Crosby is a playmaker, an all around hockey player, as much as I hate to see this but has the best hockey sense I've seen since Wayne Gretzky.

it doesn't make him better, but there's no way that Crosby should be the "face" of the nhl, when you have a guy like Ovechkin who is a superstar on the ice and hilarious off of it

Sorry but this is the stupidest comment I've read all day. When Sidney Crosby singed with Pittsburgh do you think he choose to be the face of the NHL? One thing you have to understand is that Americans will not ACCEPT a European superstar. Call us stupid, small minded whatever we just won't. Thats a huge reason why hockey will never be big in the United States, there is NO American superstar who dominates the game, and Crosby is the closest thing to an American Superstar, (North American). Hence soccer, the most popular sport in the WORLD but no American superstar, means no American popularity.

Edited by Coolio Mendez

Guest mindfly

Haha crosby is far behind in penalty kill and the defensive part overall.. probably not even in the top15 list.

Agree with coolio mendez on that second part though, americans are kinda sad really.. self-righteous dickheads. :/... however crosby is NOT the best in the game, period.

Edited by mindfly

Pittsburgh Penguins' franchise record for assists in a season by a rookie

Pittsburgh Penguins' franchise record for points in a season by a rookie

First rookie to record 100 points and 100 penalty minutes in a season

Youngest player in NHL history to record 100 points in a season

Youngest player in NHL history to record 200 career points

Youngest player in NHL history to have 2 consecutive 100 point seasons.

Youngest player to be voted to the NHL All-Star Game

Youngest player in NHL history to win the Art Ross Trophy

Youngest player in NHL history to win the Lester B. Pearson Award

Youngest player in NHL history to be named to the First All-Star Team

Youngest player in NHL history to be named a full team captain

He is the seventh player in NHL history to earn the three highest honours, which are the highest individual awards for an NHL forward.

Are you sure he hasn't lived up to the hype? Scary thing is he's only 20.

Malkin better have been the most important player during the regular season, CROSBY WAS INJURED FOR HALF OF IT.

Edited by Coolio Mendez

He got outscored by ******* Samuelsson at the only point of the season it mattered, losing the Cup in the process.

Until he changes that, he hasn't lived up to his hype.

So your judging his career on 6 games?

According to Babcock, Sidney Crosby was the best player on the ice for most of the series. I'm having a fantasy hockey pool around October I'll be sure to have you in there if you prefer guys like Samuelson over Crosby.

Edited by Coolio Mendez

Pittsburgh Penguins' franchise record for assists in a season by a rookie

Pittsburgh Penguins' franchise record for points in a season by a rookie

First rookie to record 100 points and 100 penalty minutes in a season

Youngest player in NHL history to record 100 points in a season

Youngest player in NHL history to record 200 career points

Youngest player in NHL history to have 2 consecutive 100 point seasons.

Youngest player to be voted to the NHL All-Star Game

Youngest player in NHL history to win the Art Ross Trophy

Youngest player in NHL history to win the Lester B. Pearson Award

Youngest player in NHL history to be named to the First All-Star Team

Youngest player in NHL history to be named a full team captain

He is the seventh player in NHL history to earn the three highest honours, which are the highest individual awards for an NHL forward.

Are you sure he hasn't lived up to the hype? Scary thing is he's only 20.

Malkin better have been the most important player during the regular season, CROSBY WAS INJURED FOR HALF OF IT.

Not to nitpick but I think the bolded don't really need to be in there. Doesn't Crosby getting more penalty minutes mean he isn't disciplined? And I don't believe that he is a sufficient captain. They gave him that C because of his talent, not his leadership.

Not to nitpick but I think the bolded don't really need to be in there. Doesn't Crosby getting more penalty minutes mean he isn't disciplined? And I don't believe that he is a sufficient captain. They gave him that C because of his talent, not his leadership.

The only correction I would offer you is they gave it to him for marketing reasons, he is the face of the NHL, make him the face/'C' of your team.

Maybe a poorly worded response but I think my point is delivered.

You may not believe it, but keep in mind you have no access to the Pens dressing room or club meetings, or anything to do with the team in general. Its a professional NHL club owned by Mario Lemieux - I'd say they probably have some idea of what they are doing with their organization.

You may not believe it, but keep in mind you have no access to the Pens dressing room or club meetings, or anything to do with the team in general. Its a professional NHL club owned by Mario Lemieux - I'd say they probably have some idea of what they are doing with their organization.

Exactly, why do these Crosby-bashers think they know more sitting at their keyboards than the dozens of staff at practises and in locker rooms saying he's an amazing leader.

"Duh, I fink he ith a crap leeda coz he duzzen jump into da glath like OV."