• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Opie

Wild Ink Bouchard

Rate this topic

Teams keep signing players for way more than they're worth based on their potential and at some point, one of these contracts is going to come back and bite them. My money's on Rostislav Olesz in Florida.

That quote implies that they signed Bouchard to get goal-scoring. Do they watch their own team's games? I know Minnesota games are boring, but...

Haha, I'm a Wings fan, but I moved and now live in Minnesota...people here are actually happy about this signing. I guess when you let Rolston and Demitra walk, what choice do you have?

And to answer your question, yes, MN fans watch ONLY their own team's games. As in, they have no idea what kind of talent other teams around the league have, so they think guys like PMB (Pierre-Marc Bouchard) should actually be making twice as much as guys like Franzen or even Filppula probably deserve.

Haha, I'm a Wings fan, but I moved and now live in Minnesota...people here are actually happy about this signing. I guess when you let Rolston and Demitra walk, what choice do you have?

And to answer your question, yes, MN fans watch ONLY their own team's games. As in, they have no idea what kind of talent other teams around the league have, so they think guys like PMB (Pierre-Marc Bouchard) should actually be making twice as much as guys like Franzen or even Filppula probably deserve.

This is exactly right. I too am from MN and have lived here my entire life. Became a Wings fan in 94. Now a 14 yr Wings fan in MN. People here are blind and dumb. My buddy in particular. He wants to bet me that the Wild will be in the top 5 of the Western Conference. I just laughed and said your nuts, they lose Rolston and Demitra and pick up Nolan, Miettnen. And hes ready to write them in as cup favs, same with all other Wild fans. Every year I have to just shake my head on how stupid they really are. I have been following the NHL since I was 5. And you sign a few 3rd tier players and resign Bouchard and everyone goes nuts. The funny thing is every year there like we need more toughness and goons. Im like you dont win cups with goons. Let me know should I bet my buddy 50 bucks that the Wild dont make the cup?I told him there sitting at 8th or 7th seed, but no higher than that.

This is exactly right. I too am from MN and have lived here my entire life. Became a Wings fan in 94. Now a 14 yr Wings fan in MN. People here are blind and dumb. My buddy in particular. He wants to bet me that the Wild will be in the top 5 of the Western Conference. I just laughed and said your nuts, they lose Rolston and Demitra and pick up Nolan, Miettnen. And hes ready to write them in as cup favs, same with all other Wild fans. Every year I have to just shake my head on how stupid they really are. I have been following the NHL since I was 5. And you sign a few 3rd tier players and resign Bouchard and everyone goes nuts. The funny thing is every year there like we need more toughness and goons. Im like you dont win cups with goons. Let me know should I bet my buddy 50 bucks that the Wild dont make the cup?I told him there sitting at 8th or 7th seed, but no higher than that.

If you don't, I will. Give me his number and lets make it $500.

Another average player walks away with about 2-3 million more than he's worth.

Bouchard could be a decent goal scorer (he was drafted high enough to assume he would be), but he'll never become that on a team like Minnesota. This signing is almost as ridiculous as New Jersey signing Fedor Fedorov; an offensive minded player playing on a defense-first trap-system. Completely idiotic.

If the Wild ever think Bouchard will become the player they just paid him as, they better lighten up the defensive stranglehold they put on their forwards. But since they won't as long as Lemaire is running the show, you can chalk this up as what will probably turn out to be one of the worst signings of the summer.

Teams keep signing players for way more than they're worth based on their potential and at some point, one of these contracts is going to come back and bite them. My money's on Rostislav Olesz in Florida.

Matt Carle. He was a healthy scratch in San Jose. He is going to be a complete trainwreck in Tampa.