• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Anomalously

Bouwmeester avoids arbitration, 1 year, 4.875M

Rate this topic

Nice cap number but all signs point to him leaving the Panthers. He's going to cost a playoff team a boatload of assets at the deadline if the Panthers decide to go that route.

Then again, looking at what the panthers got in return for Luongo and Jokinen, maybe not...

Apparently Flyers are after Bouwmeester but i wonder what would they have to give to get him?

What team has the best chance of landing him? (no, not wings :D)

Trade deadline I think Pho, Edm, Col, Min, Pit any team that is currently light in the defenseman category. Edit: and making a playoff run.

Next offseason I see a team like Tampa (if they can afford him) or Pho will be willing to give the most money for him long term.

I could also see LA or Cal taking a run at him.

Most Orgs will throw and offer his way as D-men are a commodity, however it will come down to whose D is in bad shape. I could also see Ana making a big push at him, after this season they will have exactly 1 d-man signed, Pronger for one year.

One thing for sure, he will make some cash next season!!!!

Edited by Opie

Next offseason I see a team like Tampa (if they can afford him) or Pho will be willing to give the most money for him long term.

What do you mean "next off-season"? For the price that Bouwmeester is going to cost, NO team is going to pay up for him if they aren't sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that they can retain him long-term. Hes not going to be a rental in any way, shape or form.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded well before the deadline. And frankly, pretty much everyone could use Bouwmeester. Even the Red Wings (Damn Rafalski and his NTC!).

And before you say anything, Florida isn't going to get screwed over again. Keenan was reponsible for the Bertuzzi-Loungo deal and JM wanted to ship out Jokinen ASAP, according to reports.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Guest Crymson
i think colorado has got to be the first place you think of at the deadline.

Given Colorado's current roster, the chances are fairly good that they won't make the playoffs. Should Sakic choose not to return, the Avs` chances of making the playoffs will decline from fair to nearly nonexistent.

Poor Panthers. Why can't they ice a good team? Who in the world have they been drafting?

Why did they trade Jokinen? Louongo?! Pay them whatever you have, offer to be their slave!

What do you mean "next off-season"? For the price that Bouwmeester is going to cost, NO team is going to pay up for him if they aren't sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that they can retain him long-term. Hes not going to be a rental in any way, shape or form.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded well before the deadline. And frankly, pretty much everyone could use Bouwmeester. Even the Red Wings (Damn Rafalski and his NTC!).

And before you say anything, Florida isn't going to get screwed over again. Keenan was reponsible for the Bertuzzi-Loungo deal and JM wanted to ship out Jokinen ASAP, according to reports.

He is signed for this season therefore if he stays in Fla this season for the whole season, next off season he will be a FREE AGENT!!!

If you look at my post you partly quoted you will see I broke it into two parts the deadline and next offseason, I suppose I should have typed it all out but I thought people could pick up on that fact.

Why did they trade Jokinen? Louongo?! Pay them whatever you have, offer to be their slave!

Watshis name and Jokinen dont like each other much, due Jokinen being such a lazy s***.

(Ill never, EVER want to see O Jokinen in a Red Wing uniform, i hate that wanker)

Watshis name and Jokinen dont like each other much, due Jokinen being such a lazy s***.

(Ill never, EVER want to see O Jokinen in a Red Wing uniform, i hate that wanker)

Points for saying wanker. Where you from?