• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Greatest Lines in Hockey History

Rate this topic

I just thought I'd ask your guys' opinions on what you think the greatest line is in hockey history, or what the greatest line is that you've ever seen play.

I think the French Connection is probably the greatest line in hockey history, because each of those guys fit a certain role, and they worked together beautifully. I'd put the "Trio Grande" with Bossy-Trottier-Gillies as 2nd best. You had Bossy as the finisher, Gillies as the tough guy who played in front of the net and cleared space, and Trottier, who could do anything out there on the ice.

The best line I've ever seen personally was Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Hull. The way Pavel and Hank could set up Hull for one-timers was really something to watch. It was a prettier line to watch from a finesse standpoint before Homer took Hull's spot.

Also, I was always fearful of that Tanguay-Forsberg-Hejduk line. They were a dangerous line where all 3 guys were on the same page constantly. They seemed to score goals just about every night.

Anyway, feel free to post, and I'm hoping that many posters who have been around a lot longer than me will add more insight on the great lines of the past that they've witnessed.

Of the lines I have never seen I would say KLM (I am not counting watching highlights or old video).

Of the lines I have seen play the Homer in me says Yzerman Feds Shanny, but that is more the line I liked watching the most. The Tanguay Foppa Hedjuk line was badass as well. But I think the best line I have seen was the Trio Grande, that was probably the first real line I remember playing together. As a kid watching hockey with my Grandfather, I really didn't know much about the sport, I just knew my Grandfather made great popcorn when we watched Hockey so when ever I could I would watch it (in french which I speak exactly no words of).

I remember these guys vaguely but well enough through the eighties that I would say they were the best line I have ever watched.

No iteration of the Production Line? (Howe, Abel and Lindsey).

No Lafleur, Shutt & Lemaire?

No Gretzky, Kurri, Anderson?

LKM line was pretty special. I wouldn't spit at any of the above lines, either.

Unanimously, the best line in hockey right now is ZDH.

Best ever? Well the Production Line is the most famous, and may be the best ever... But can't rule out the Trio Grande Line (Gilles - Trottier - Bossy) for the Isles in the 70's and 80's. The French Connection for the 70's Sabres was MAD chemistry too.

As far as Russian lines go, Kharlamov-Mikhailov-Petrov was the best. They were better than the KLM line beleive it or not.

The "Production Line" is probably the 1st great line in hockey history, but I've always wondered how much of that credit should go to Gordie Howe alone. That's the only reason I didn't have that line as one of the two greatest.

On the power play:

Stevie, Shanny, Hull, Fedorov, Lidstrom

I was just about to say that. When I watched them in Van in 02. (regular season) They held the puck in the offensive zone for 2 straight minutes. It was unreal.

Forgetting stats and reputations, the greatest line I ever personally saw was the Russian Five. The way those guys cycled the puck and maintained posession was like anything I ever saw before or after.

At times, it literally looked like a Globetrotters skit, as they made play after play, the crowd would get lounder and louder until it was basically a standing ovation.

i loved spezza heatly alfredson a couple seasons ago but thats far from the best ever. Two kids and goat is the best line name ever. Grind line is a close second.

Best in NHL history has to be bossy gilles and trottier.

Best in NHL today is ZDH

Best ive ever seen floppa hejduk tanguay. i hate to say it but i s*** myself when they had the puck. sorry for the horrible imagine that put in your head.

Makarov

Larionov

Krutov

Kasatanov

Fetisov

And it's not even close. Not just 3 forwards with great chemistry but compact 5 man unit. They could do everything.

Best in today's game..probably ZDH or Heatley Spezza Alfredsson.

The best ever lines in hockey:

1) "I can't believe I shook his freakin hand." Dino.

2) "I can't hear a thing Roenick is saying because of the two Stanley Cup rings stuck in my ears." Roy.

3) "The next thing I remembered was the smelling salts." Some rookie who called Gordie Howe an Old Man in Gordie's last season.

4) "I think it was a tire iron!" A Hanson Brother.

5) Oh, yeah. The Production Line wasn't bad either.

Z-D-Hull was an incredible line. When I was watching them I used to think "if only Z & D were a few years older and Hull was a few years younger...." Watching the Euro twins play with the puck whilst Hull camped in the slot waiting for the one-timer was a thing of beauty.

That Forsberg-Hedjuk-Tangay line used to scare me to death when they were on the ice.

No mention yet of the Legion Of Doom? The young,healthy Eric Lindros was a beast (although no match for Nick and Vladdy mind ;) )

Z-D-Hull was an incredible line. When I was watching them I used to think "if only Z & D were a few years older and Hull was a few years younger...." Watching the Euro twins play with the puck whilst Hull camped in the slot waiting for the one-timer was a thing of beauty.

That Forsberg-Hedjuk-Tangay line used to scare me to death when they were on the ice.

No mention yet of the Legion Of Doom? The young,healthy Eric Lindros was a beast (although no match for Nick and Vladdy mind ;) )

yeah i was thinking of that line.. badass name for a line hehe.

John LeClair - Eric Lindros - Mikael Renberg

awesome line they could dominate games both physically and offensive wise.

94-95 ?

95-96 they scored 121 goals and 134 assists.

96-97 they scored 104 goals and 131 assists.

96-97 cup finals vs wings was their last game together (4-0 :) )

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Moginly-Fedorov-Bure

Allstar game line. Bure had 5 goals I think. It was Incredible too watch. Russian Talent at its finest. Pure FInnese and speed

Best Real Line

Stevens/Francis-Lemuiex-Jagr

Was dominant from the highlifhts ive seen, allthough never got to watch in person.

Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Ovie

Worlds a couple years back. Was DYNAMITE

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Guest Crymson

Best ones I've seen:

Shanahan - Fedorov - Yzerman

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Holmstrom

ZDH is actually more productive than Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Hull was, probably because Zetterberg and Datsyuk are far more developed now than they were then; however, I also feel they work better with Homer than they did with Hull.

I'm surprised everyone is already saying the Z,D,H line is the best in the entire league. We aren't even sure if they will be playing together. Or, if they do play together, we don't even know if they will have good chemistry. Only time will tell.

My favorite lines to watch were:

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Hull

Tanguay - Forsberg - Hejduk

Maltby - Draper - McCarty

Prospal - Lecavalier - St. Louis

Ovechkin - With - Anyone

Naslund - Morrison - Bertuzzi

I'm surprised everyone is already saying the Z,D,H line is the best in the entire league. We aren't even sure if they will be playing together. Or, if they do play together, we don't even know if they will have good chemistry. Only time will tell.

My favorite lines to watch were:

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Hull

Tanguay - Forsberg - Hejduk

Maltby - Draper - McCarty

Prospal - Lecavalier - St. Louis

Ovechkin - With - Anyone

Naslund - Morrison - Bertuzzi

:blink:

are you kiddin?...

How on earth did I forget about this line I change my answer from Trio Grande to this, seriously.

In all seriousness, Lemieux, Jagr and me would be one of the greatest lines ever, and that's not a knock on Kevin Stevens in any way. I thought of that line when I started this thread, but I still wouldn't put them near the top.

Also, no one has mentioned the Naslund-Morrissonn-Bertuzzi line as the best they've seen in recent memory. I'd certainly have to put them near the top as far as most dominant lines I've seen. They had a bit of everything on that line with Bert's strength, Naslund's shot, and Morrisson's defensive capabilities.