• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ruys92

Chelios, Downey, McCarty, and Quincey

Rate this topic

Chelios signs between 500k-600k, Quincey signs for 600k and plays in GR, McCarty signs for 550k with a two-way deal and no idea about Downey, not sure what his wants are.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

We can be over the cap until regular season starts. They will/should all be resigned then let the camp competition weed out the guys we dont need. As much as i would love to have Mac/Downey its not realistic at this point in time.. We are stacked top to bottom..

Chelios, Really should retire, we have enough D-Men problems without having the potential guilt trip if we were in the situation where he was the lesser d-man and was to be waived.

Downey, Should be on a different team, Not even worry about re-signing with Detroit IMO, Head somewhere that would be able to use you on a more consistant basis then what Detroit would

McCarty, He doesn't have the talent anymore, nor the fighting skills to be anymore then a 13th HS or an AHL player.. Thats from a non biased view btw.. I love mac, But i think he just doesn't have the skill set anymore to cut it.. Hopefully im wrong though.

Quincey, I think we need quincey tbh, more then any of the other 3.. Since we may not have either Downey or McCarty, we will need someone who will be able to fight from time to time.. I'm not saying quincey HAS to be the guy... But i think his all-round skill both offensivly and defensivly and his ability to drop the gloves make him more valuable then a meech/lebda. who are for the most part very 1-dementional..

Guest Dump-N-Thump

BTW, Lilja and another D-man will be on the outs imo.. So that clears up enough space for whoever we need.

With only $975,000 left, who gets the deal?

In the Filpulla thread, there is a nice debate going. What has been mentioned is that with Ericsson in the AHL we will have around 1.6 or so cap room. But for other details check it out =)

Downey, Should be on a different team, Not even worry about re-signing with Detroit IMO, Head somewhere that would be able to use you on a more consistant basis then what Detroit would

Not sure if he wants to play in Europe because no team in the NHL is going to use a guy like Downey more than Detroit would.

Guys, 25 players don't count against the cap. Whenever you sign someone, he doesn't immediately count against the cap. If Hossa played in GR - his salary wouldn't count either.

Technically, Holland can sign them all without trading.

i liked having downey around,but if he's used so little i dont see the need to keep him...cheli is still fit and talented,if a little long in the tooth...mc carty might have had his swan song with this stanley..i dont see him as useful as he used to be..keep quincey for sure...

You can go into training camp over the salary cap but you would have to make moves before the start of the season to get under. I think thats what they will end up doing.

Chelios will be on the team unless he decides to retire.

"Cheli wants to be back, I told him we had a contract for him,'' Holland said. "We have sort of a gentleman's agreement.''

Mac would be stupid if he continues to turn down the two way contract. He still needs to work his way onto the team. Are there any other teams offering him a contract? They played Mac over Downey right off the bat so that would indicate they prefer Mac.

Quincey cant be sent back down to G.R. so he has to make the club, clear waivers or be traded. I think he is a lock to make the club.

You can go into training camp over the salary cap but you would have to make moves before the start of the season to get under. I think thats what they will end up doing.

Chelios will be on the team unless he decides to retire.

"Cheli wants to be back, I told him we had a contract for him,'' Holland said. "We have sort of a gentleman's agreement.''

Mac would be stupid if he continues to turn down the two way contract. He still needs to work his way onto the team. Are there any other teams offering him a contract? They played Mac over Downey right off the bat so that would indicate they prefer Mac.

Quincey cant be sent back down to G.R. so he has to make the club, clear waivers or be traded. I think he is a lock to make the club.

Quincey doesn't have to clear waivers until he plays 60 NHL games. He's played 26.

McCarty, He doesn't have the talent anymore, nor the fighting skills to be anymore then a 13th HS or an AHL player.. Thats from a non biased view btw.. I love mac, But i think he just doesn't have the skill set anymore to cut it.. Hopefully im wrong though.

Sour grapes, 1997, game 4, 2nd period? :D:lol:

the other thing is that the Wings will invite 2 or 3 UFA's to camp. Who's

to say that one of these won't blow away the coaching staff during camp.

I can see 2 maybe 3 guys being traded before the camp is finished.

Do the Wings even have any interest in giving Quincey a chance next season? By all accounts, it sounds like Meech would get a shot first, and that's after beating out Lilja, Lebda, Chelios, etc. etc. I haven't heard anything at all about Quincey, which is alarming, because I personally think he could develop is a very good all around defenseman.

Chelios really should just hang 'em up already. I like the guy a lot (met him a couple times; great guy to talk to), and he is still a decent player, but he's holding our young defenseman back. I honestly can't see Lilja being traded after just signing a new contract, and although I don't see any reason to keep Lebda, I doubt he'll be going anywhere, so that leaves Chelios as the only other guy.

The logjam on defense is way too deep right now; assuming nobody is traded or put on waivers as an attempt to clear, we'll have a total of nine defenseman all on the roster and salary cap, which is too many. Somebody needs to go, and who that's going to be is still a huge question mark.

Quincey doesn't have to clear waivers until he plays 60 NHL games. He's played 26.

Yes he does. It's because he's too old. I think it starts when player is over 25. Ericsson is the only Wings defenceman who doesn't have to go through waivers to play in GR.

Yes he does. It's because he's too old. I think it starts when player is over 25. Ericsson is the only Wings defenceman who doesn't have to go through waivers to play in GR.

Quincey will be 23 in two weeks. In fact, he's almost a year and a half younger than Ericsson.

Edited by FinWing

Quincey will be 23 in two weeks. In fact, he's almost a year and a half younger than Ericsson.

Oh, I didn't know that. I only assumed that he's over 25 because there has been talk about Ericsson being the only D who's waiver exempt.

Oh, I didn't know that. I only assumed that he's over 25 because there has been talk about Ericsson being the only D who's waiver exempt.

I believe it has to do with the number of years spent with an AHL team, but it may be number of years being available to the NHL. Quincey has been there for 3 years now. Ericcson is older, but played in Sweden first.

Don't forget that Holland specifically asked Quincey to train with Downey this summer to learn how to fight. I have a strange feeling that Holland has something in mind for him.

Sign em all and let camp decide who makes the team then trade what's left over.

Yup.

I will be most disappointed if we end up losing players like Meech or Quincey for nothing (through waivers). Both those guys, in addition to Lebda, can fetch something in a trade.

Don't forget that Holland specifically asked Quincey to train with Downey this summer to learn how to fight. I have a strange feeling that Holland has something in mind for him.

Really!?! Do you happen to remember where you read that and have a link? I'd love to read the whole thing. If not, did it say more on the subject?

The down side to that is that it makes Downey/Mac expendable. The up side is that it means we have an enforcer (or at least someone willing to take a stand) with talent.

Really!?! Do you happen to remember where you read that and have a link? I'd love to read the whole thing. If not, did it say more on the subject?

I remember reading that article (it was an interview by Mlive with Quincey, I believe).

I really hope Quincey makes the team over one of Meech/Lebda.