#18 Illinois

#19 Tennessee

#20 South Florida

#21 Oregon

#22 Penn State

#23 Fresno State

#24 Wake Forest

#25 Pittsburgh

Good list IMO. Michigan is #30 on their list and MSU is #32.

I am really looking forward to Michigan State this year. They made a ton of good strides in that they made a bowl and were in every game they played last year, blowing a bunch of games they should have won.

State loses Thomas, Davis, and Caulcrick but Ringer has to be one of the top running backs in the nation, not to mention the Big Ten.

I actually think MSU will end up with a better record than Michigan this year and that doesnt happen often. Look out big blue. MSU is coming to Ann Arbor this year, and we are getting the W.

I was waiting for someone to make this thread.

Ohio State-- well....third time's a charm?

Michigan-- If everything goes right, 8 wins, if things are as bad as a lot of people think they could be, 4 wins.

MSU-- When will the promise become a reality?

I fully expect Ohio State to win the Big Ten again this year, assuming they beat Wisconsin. As you may know, Wiscy's toughest road game is at rebuilding Michigan.

And I'm counting down the days until the Buckeyes are in the Coliseum.

Ahhhh its that time again =]

From a UofM viewpoint the opening game against Utah is crucial, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost but it the offense is running good then I would say the outlook would be 9-3

August 30 Utah Win

September 6 Miami (Ohio) Win

September 13 at Notre Dame Win (and thus back into the top 25.....for now)

September 27 Wisconsin* Loss

October 4 Illinois* (HC) Win

October 11 Toledo Win (Top 20 ranking)

October 18 at Penn State* Loss

October 25 Michigan State* Win (if this game were at S.S. I would go with a loss but I think the game is late enough in the year that the offense should be running smoothly)

November 1 at Purdue* ?:?? pm EDT. Win (top 15)

November 8 at Minnesota* ?:?? pm EST. Win

November 15 Northwestern* Win (top 10)

November 22 at Ohio State* (Unfortunatly another loss)

This team could surprise some, but if the opener against Utah is an L then I could see ND turning to an L as well going down to 7-5.

Michigan-- If everything goes right, 8 wins, if things are as bad as a lot of people think they could be, 4 wins.

I fully expect Ohio State to win the Big Ten again this year, assuming they beat Wisconsin. As you may know, Wiscy's toughest road game is at rebuilding Michigan.

Well if everything goes as bad as a lot of people in Michigan hope for, Ohio State could be at 0 wins :P

Well if everything goes as bad as a lot of people in Michigan hope for, Ohio State could be at 0 wins :P

Nah, if I were the Dictator of the Season, OSU would only lose three games. Youngstown State, Penn State, and Michigan. They'd beat USC but it would some god awful ugly-ass game, like 6-3.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content....&CID=815280

Look out big blue. MSU is coming to Ann Arbor this year, and we are getting the W.

For the record I think you have said that the last 2 years (:

But I will agree with you this time.

I think U-M will surprise people. They have a chip on their shoulder, have a handful of speed demons coming in, and if you're a QB in RR's system there isn't near as much pressure on you compared to other offenses such as Carr's. I think they will win 8 games, but I think it will start out rough with a lose to Utah. It should be fun/exciting to watch though...I have no idea what to expect from 90% of the players, or have any clue what the offense will look like. Of course there will be times when it looks like crap, and I am pulling my hair out, but thats part of the learning curve/inexperience. I will also make another prediction: I think Justin Feagin will be starting at QB by the end of the season over Steven Threet.

My Big Ten Champion pick is obviously OSU, and my sleeper team is MSU. I think MSU is going to have a Iowa type run occur over the next few years.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

For the record I think you have said that the last 2 years (:

But I will agree with you this time.

I think U-M will surprise people. They have a chip on their shoulder, have a handful of speed demons coming in, and if you're a QB in RR's system there isn't near as much pressure on you compared to other offenses such as Carr's. I think they will win 8 games, but I think it will start out rough with a lose to Utah. It should be fun/exciting to watch though...I have no idea what to expect from 90% of the players, or have any clue what the offense will look like. Of course there will be times when it looks like crap, and I am pulling my hair out, but thats part of the learning curve/inexperience. I will also make another prediction: I think Justin Feagin will be starting at QB by the end of the season over Steven Threet.

My Big Ten Champion pick is obviously OSU, and my sleeper team is MSU. I think MSU is going to have a Iowa type run occur over the next few years.

I have but this is the most exicted I have been for a Spartans season in a long time. I feel that MSU has a good coach in Dantonio and as long as MSU is in every game this year like last year, they are gonna turn some of those losses into wins this year.

The only thing I question this year is Ringer. Can he have a monster year like everyone anticipates, can he handle the load full time, can he be the "guy" in this offense (no davis, no thomas...more defenders can focus on Ringer), can Ringer deliver in short yardage.

As far as Michigan is concerned, I think you will see all 3 qbs, (threet, sheridan, feagin) play by week 5.

Ahhhh its that time again =]

From a UofM viewpoint the opening game against Utah is crucial, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost but it the offense is running good then I would say the outlook would be 9-3

August 30 Utah Win

September 6 Miami (Ohio) Win

September 13 at Notre Dame Win (and thus back into the top 25.....for now)

September 27 Wisconsin* Loss

October 4 Illinois* (HC) Win

October 11 Toledo Win (Top 20 ranking)

October 18 at Penn State* Loss

October 25 Michigan State* Win (if this game were at S.S. I would go with a loss but I think the game is late enough in the year that the offense should be running smoothly)

November 1 at Purdue* ?:?? pm EDT. Win (top 15)

November 8 at Minnesota* ?:?? pm EST. Win

November 15 Northwestern* Win (top 10)

November 22 at Ohio State* (Unfortunatly another loss)

This team could surprise some, but if the opener against Utah is an L then I could see ND turning to an L as well going down to 7-5.

I am not convinced that Michigan will even win their first game against Utah. Utah is a good team and growing pains might start early for the Wolverines.

osu if they do make it to the nc they might lose it agian if they do meet up with usc they are looking strong

go blue!!!!

With the school I went to being in the same conference as both BYU and Utah…

BYU's high ranking is definitely justified. I actually saw my school play at BYU last year, the Salt Lake City/Provo area in Utah is absolutely gorgeous. Anyways BYU's offense is just ridiculously loaded with a solid QB who doesn't run much but can throw all over the field, a big RB, and playmakers at both WR/TE. If things fall their way, they could make the BCS, they certainly have a favorable schedule hosting UCLA and playing at Washington out of the conference. Against most teams they could easily put up 30+ points a game.

Michigan better take Utah very, very seriously in the opener. If things go their way Utah is a legit/borderline top-25 team. Their QB is ridiculously good as well, can run and pass. Utah's and BYU's QBs are the best in that conference, and the third best is not even close to those two.

I'm surprised Rivals ranked my school, TCU, as high as they did in the mid-30s. I would've put my school in the mid-40s or close to 50. Defense should be fast/explosive like usual which is what TCU teams are usually known for, but there are questions on offense. Mainly running back health and consistent play of the QB/wide receivers. If the running backs on my school can stay healthy, they could produce in big chunks. We play at Oklahoma, and while I'm not expecting it to happen again, if we pull off a huge upset like we did against OU in 2005 to start the season, we'll be in the top-25, or very close to it. I just want us to somehow get past BYU and Utah first and foremost to have a realistic chance of winning our conference title.

I'm also a big LSU fan being close to the Baton Rouge area. Michigan better not have given them the Appalachian St. jinx! LSU starts the season against them. :P They should be right around where they are at 10 due to uncertainties at QB with the supposed superstar starter getting dismissed from the team for being an idiot one too many times. While I look forward to watching LSU games, I do not look forward to dealing with a lot of LSU die hards, because a lot of them are nutjobs unfortuantely.

I'm surprised Florida and Texas Tech aren't ranked higher. TT probably because they are "unproven" in terms of being a consistent top-25 resident, but the QB and one of their receivers are absolutely sick and under that offense more often than not, they will put up points. Plenty of them.

Exactly one month away till I watch my school open up the season, on the channel that almost every LGWer loves to hate (while I predictably have no bias one way or the other towards), Versus! :P

On a side note....does anyone else still not have the BTN? I have Charter cable and I highly doubt that we will be getting it at all this year.

Kinda bulls*** when your live ten minutes from Ann Arbor and you aren't able to watch the universities sporting events. Although the longer my cable company goes without adding it makes it seem even more unlikely that they ever will add it, so if you have it and if you have the HD feed please consider yourself lucky because there are still us "28 percent" of pay tv customers in Michigan that do not have BTN :(

I am sick and tired of having to watch road games on my computer. :ranting:

Michigan better take Utah very, very seriously in the opener. If things go their way Utah is a legit/borderline top-25 team.

After last year, I think Rich Rod has more than hammered the "don't look ahead" motto all over this team. ;)

On a side note....does anyone else still not have the BTN? I have Charter cable and I highly doubt that we will be getting it at all this year.

Kinda bulls*** when your live ten minutes from Ann Arbor and you aren't able to watch the universities sporting events. Although the longer my cable company goes without adding it makes it seem even more unlikely that they ever will add it, so if you have it and if you have the HD feed please consider yourself lucky because there are still us "28 percent" of pay tv customers in Michigan that do not have BTN :(

I am sick and tired of having to watch road games on my computer. :ranting:

I have directv so I have the BTN. I absolutely love the channel. They got previews going on which is absolutely sweet. Only thing I dont like is that they moved the channel from the 200s to the 600s.

Utah is very legit. Like I said above I wouldn't doubt if they lost that one, but just like U-M has a potential downer in Utah MSU also has one in Florida Atlantic. They got a very good QB in Rusty Smith with a bunch of very good returners on offense. I've read some people predict they will beat Texas week one.

I have Direct TV, and got BTN. I love that channel. I believe Charter is the only company without it now.

First Coaches Poll of the Year.

1. Georgia (22)

2. Southern California (14)

3. Ohio State (14)

4. Oklahoma (3)

5. Florida (5)

6. LSU (3)

7. Missouri

8. West Virginia

9. Clemson

10. Texas

11. Auburn

12. Wisconsin

13. Kansas

14. Texas Tech

15. Virginia Tech

16. Arizona State

17. Brigham Young

18. Tennessee

19. Illinois

20. Oregon

21. South Florida

22. Penn State

23. Wake Forest

24. Michigan

25. Fresno State

I am really surprised to see that Michigan is in the top 25, but I would tend to believe that the coaches know more than the media.

First Coaches Poll of the Year.

1. Georgia (22)

2. Southern California (14)

3. Ohio State (14)

4. Oklahoma (3)

5. Florida (5)

6. LSU (3)

7. Missouri

8. West Virginia

9. Clemson

10. Texas

11. Auburn

12. Wisconsin

13. Kansas

14. Texas Tech

15. Virginia Tech

16. Arizona State

17. Brigham Young

18. Tennessee

19. Illinois

20. Oregon

21. South Florida

22. Penn State

23. Wake Forest

24. Michigan

25. Fresno State

I am really surprised to see that Michigan is in the top 25, but I would tend to believe that the coaches know more than the media.

After the Utah game, Michigan will be out of the top 25.

consider that done this year.

Forgive me if I don't, not a single snap has been taken this year. Also in response to your three qbs by week 5, I really can't see that happening. Possibly two but if you don't give anyone more than two weeks to learn to play in the system in game situations, you'll never get anywhere.

Little Brother needs to prove it can win first, then talk smack.

So you won't be talking any smack before um/OSU?

Not much to add really. My thoughts going into the season, some obvious, some not so obvious.

1: The Spartans are moving in the right direction, but it is going to take years for Dantonio to under the damage done to the program by Bobby Williams and JLS. The Spartans hung tight in every game except OSU. I'm not a believer in moral victories. Michigan and Wisconsin should have been wins last year, especially Michigan. But it did show me that there's a change in culture at MSU.

2: The opening game, on the road against Cal (which I'm going to) is going to set the tone for the season.

4: DickRod will have UM on probation in 5 years. Well, its UM. The NCAA would never give them probation. Look for Eastern to wind up on probation for UM's sins.

4: Ohio State is still the 800 pound gorilla. Not that I really like the Buckeyes, but it would be nice to see them finish in a bowl game.

5: I was going to call Texas Tech my national sleeper team, but then I saw them at #14. So much for that.

So you won't be talking any smack before um/OSU?

Not much to add really. My thoughts going into the season, some obvious, some not so obvious.

1: The Spartans are moving in the right direction, but it is going to take years for Dantonio to under the damage done to the program by Bobby Williams and JLS. The Spartans hung tight in every game except OSU. I'm not a believer in moral victories. Michigan and Wisconsin should have been wins last year, especially Michigan. But it did show me that there's a change in culture at MSU.

2: The opening game, on the road against Cal (which I'm going to) is going to set the tone for the season.

4: DickRod will have UM on probation in 5 years. Well, its UM. The NCAA would never give them probation. Look for Eastern to wind up on probation for UM's sins.

4: Ohio State is still the 800 pound gorilla. Not that I really like the Buckeyes, but it would be nice to see them finish in a bowl game.

5: I was going to call Texas Tech my national sleeper team, but then I saw them at #14. So much for that.

What gives you the reasons behind your "Dickrod" (Good one!) statement on probation? What has he done wrong at WVU? Please enlighten me. I would really like to know, because that has no truth to it. Thats wishful thinking on your part...

By the way if U$C never goes on probation no college football team will.

I think you can still call Texas Tech a sleeper because of teams like OK, TEX, KAN, and MIZZO in the Big 12.