• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2008 College Football Thread

Rate this topic

Can we say same old spartans. I thought in order to loose this game they would have to completly sh1t the bed, and they go out and do just that. Hoyer is NOT even a mediocre QB, he just sucks. The play calling has been atrotious. :ranting:

Mhm, a win over a 2-5 team gets you a gatorade bath.....Thats Michigan State for you.

Eh, we all know how the little brother can get overenthusiastic sometimes. I mean, it's their first win over Michigan in a 60-minutes-and-zero-seconds game since the Saban era.

Eh, we all know how the little brother can get overenthusiastic sometimes. I mean, it's their first win over Michigan in a 60-minutes-and-zero-seconds game since the Saban era.

Threet was once again the reason we lost.

Michigan State beat Steven Threet, not Michigan today. :)

I was disappointed, but I can't say I wasn't expecting it. I thought the D put up a great effort most the game, but keep getting snake bitten by a handful of huge plays. Threet needs to calm the F down down too, and the OL is once again horrible. I guess little brother needs to win once in a while, or else it would never be fun.

Threet was once again the reason we lost.

Michigan State beat Steven Threet, not Michigan today. :)

GIVE MSU SOME F***ING CREDIT!!

MSU overcame bad calls (Minor's receiving TD), overcame a deficit (down 21-14) where MSU would normally fold..and fought hard for a much needed victory of MSU's main rival.

Michigan State is clearly going in the right direction and even tho you may not admit it, they earned that victory. They were the better team on the field.

Can we say same old spartans. I thought in order to loose this game they would have to completly sh1t the bed, and they go out and do just that. Hoyer is NOT even a mediocre QB, he just sucks. The play calling has been atrotious. :ranting:

I think a lot of college football fans, especially the Michigan fans would take Hoyer right about now. Hoyer isn't a great qb, but passable. Much better than the walk-on quarterbacks that Michigan is stuck with.

I was disappointed, but I can't say I wasn't expecting it. I thought the D put up a great effort most the game, but keep getting snake bitten by a handful of huge plays. Threet needs to calm the F down down too, and the OL is once again horrible. I guess little brother needs to win once in a while, or else it would never be fun.

I though Graham was a beast today. Talk about making a statement and then giving your best effort to back your words.

I especially was impressed in Michigan's defense when MSU got the ball inside the 20 and had to settle for a "FG attempt" by Swenson. Swenson nearly cost the Spartans the game today. It's no wonder that Dantonio went for it on 4th & 1 late in the game.

GIVE MSU SOME F***ING CREDIT!!

MSU overcame bad calls (Minor's receiving TD), overcame a deficit (down 21-14) where MSU would normally fold..and fought hard for a much needed victory of MSU's main rival.

Michigan State is clearly going in the right direction and even tho you may not admit it, they earned that victory. They were the better team on the field.

Never my friend :) If Threet hadn't thrown that pick Michigan would have tied it.

But congrats, you got us in a down year and you took advantage. But clearly, the luckier team won. (That bogus pass interference call on Mich when it was the MSU wide reciever that was pushing Trent around all down field) Also don't forget the 3 missed field goals, this game was not dominated by State but they had a 65-35 "out-playing" advantage over Mich.

I will take 9-1 (Yes, 01 does not count :P) over a ten year span any time. (8-2 "officially")

I though Graham was a beast today. Talk about making a statement and then giving your best effort to back your words.

Agreed, that defense showed signs today of how it was supposed to dominate all year....but oh well.

2-6 :puke: now I know how you have felt all these years Sparty..... :nonono:

I think a lot of college football fans, especially the Michigan fans would take Hoyer right about now. Hoyer isn't a great qb, but passable. Much better than the walk-on quarterbacks that Michigan is stuck with.

I would not take Hoyer. Wouldn't even consider it. The only difference between Hoyer and Threet is Hoyer has much more zip on his ball, and actually can settle down, but Hoyer is a senior, and Threet is a RS freshmen so I guess thats a expected. Neither are good QB's. Threet has a lot of potential. It will be interesting to see if he will be able to fulfill it. He will have a lot of competition come spring from Beaver/Forcier. Most assume Threet will be a backup next year, but I disagree that is set in stone.

Here I am giving MSU credit. They were the better team. No question. It was a fun game to watch until the final 5 minutes, or so.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

I will take 9-1 (Yes, 01 does not count :P) over a ten year span any time. (8-2 "officially")

I'm strangely not all that upset about the loss. I think this is part of the reason. Part 2 is that I was already expecting it and had pretty much written off this season as a complete loss....so I guess this is what it's like to be a Spartans fan? Only, my couch is still in my living room, unscorched ;)

Part 3 is UVA. Holy crap, I can't stop going to ESPN and looking at the standings.

I'm strangely not all that upset about the loss. I think this is part of the reason. Part 2 is that I was already expecting it and had pretty much written off this season as a complete loss....so I guess this is what it's like to be a Spartans fan? Only, my couch is still in my living room, unscorched ;)

Ditto, a win over Ohio State totally redeems this season for me now, a bowl game is a bonus now. The Motor City Bowl against Western Michigan (cheap student ticket price) would be good ;)

Ditto, a win over Ohio State totally redeems this season for me now, a bowl game is a bonus now. The Motor City Bowl against Western Michigan (cheap student ticket price) would be good ;)

Forget the bowl idea. There is no chance! NONE! The best chance to win another game is Purdue. For RR's sake beating OSU would be beyond huge, and create great momentum for the off season, but it will be extremely difficult going down to the Shoe. The only thing that gives me hope for that game is it is a rivalry game, and anything can happen.

I would not take Hoyer. Wouldn't even consider it. The only difference between Hoyer and Threet is Hoyer has much more zip on his ball, and actually can settle down, but Hoyer is a senior, and Threet is a RS freshmen so I guess thats a expected. Neither are good QB's. Threet has a lot of potential. It will be interesting to see if he will be able to fulfill it. He will have a lot of competition come spring from Beaver/Forcier. Most assume Threet will be a backup next year, but I disagree that is set in stone.

Here I am giving MSU credit. They were the better team. No question. It was a fun game to watch until the final 5 minutes, or so.

of course you would take the freshman over the senior qb if they are on the same level....my point is in the one game situation..Michigan would rather have Hoyer than Threet right now.

Michigan can't get to 7 wins this year and you practically need 7 wins to guarntee a bowl game. Sorry Big Blue, but you are going to the Toilet Bowl this year.

Ohio State's offensive line is the reason they lost last night. They're bad, I mean, Indiana bad. Alex Boone doesn't even deserve to be drafted at this point.

It felt like we were taking control of the game and then came the fumble. I guess those are the types of things you have to accept if you're starting a true freshman.

All in all, I don't feel too bad. I knew we weren't that good to begin with this season and I had a great time at the game, save for the 4th quarter.

Oh well, we still get to beat Michigan.

Ohio State's offensive line is the reason they lost last night. They're bad, I mean, Indiana bad. Alex Boone doesn't even deserve to be drafted at this point.

It felt like we were taking control of the game and then came the fumble. I guess those are the types of things you have to accept if you're starting a true freshman.

All in all, I don't feel too bad. I knew we weren't that good to begin with this season and I had a great time at the game, save for the 4th quarter.

Oh well, we still get to beat Michigan.

I thought they should have put in Boekman in the game. Don't worry the OL will have baby Boren next year. I'm sure that will help :blink: