• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

P. Marlowe

Biggest Red Wings news of the offseason this far

Rate this topic

Biggest Red Wings news of the offseason this far  

214 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

gonna have to agree, is the hossa signing by a landslide. The bowman deal hurts but he is not on the ice and making things happen (at least at the forefront) would have been different..to me anyways of bowman would have been Z or Dats or Lids but since he isn't then i do not see it being such a big deal in the big picture

1. Hossa (because it shocked the league)

2. Stuart re-signing (because it seemed unlikely)

3. Mclellan leaving (a loss)

4. Bowman leaving (Chicago. Gross)

5. Filpulla re-signing (important , but not a surprise)

6. Hasek/Drake retirement (foregone conclusions)

7. Lilja re-signing.

Edited by rick zombo

1. Hossa (It shocked the league, and I don't think we even expected it.)

2. Bowman (It came as a shock to us all, esp. after he turned down all the jobs the Leafs were offering him)

3. Stuart resigning (Not shocking but I didn't think it was going to happen.)

4. Lilja resigning (Mostly because I think [hope] he will be cut or traded, and shouldn't have been resigned in the first place.)

5. McLellan (It sucks, but I thought it would come at some point.)

6. Kronwall (He is still healthy and hasn't had a freak on-ice accident to take away half a season.)

7. Filpulla (Expected)

8. Hasek/Drake (Chelios....?)

Everything besides the Hossa signing was expected or not a surprise. The next biggest surprise was Stuart re-signing (I thought he would stay in CA). There was even speculation about Bowman going to Chicago a while ago so I wasn't that surprised about that.

Everything besides the Hossa signing was expected or not a surprise. The next biggest surprise was Stuart re-signing (I thought he would stay in CA). There was even speculation about Bowman going to Chicago a while ago so I wasn't that surprised about that.

We shouldn't be surprised...his kid is part of their management. I think that Scotty is a legend and will be missed but Holland has been a big part of not only the player decisions but the decisions on who to bring in to work with the talent.

Babcock consulted Bowman quite a bit but still made the game to game strategy moves. Let's be real, Holland and the coaching staff along with the scouts the Wings have are the difference. Losing Scotty hurts but at this point his involvement is not crucial...let him go work with his kid, I look atthe time he spent with the Wings as one of the best eras in frnachise history, but the lineup and youngsters we have now are going to make the upcoming years VERY special.

Buckle up!

1.Hossa by far Never expected him to sign with us

2. Stuart Resigning

3. Flip Resigning

4. Bowman Leaving- Pretty much with his son working there a little of a shock

5. McCllean leaving

6. Lilja resigning

7. Retirements of hasek and Drake both were expected

Hossa signing with the Wings. It's not even close. I don't think anybody expected it.

Bowman going to the Blackhawks is a somewhat not-so-distant 2nd, but I understand the reasons for him being closer to his son and hope he does well in his new position.

Flipper not necessarily re-signing, but signing for 5 years was a bit of a surprise, but a very pleasent surprise.

Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary for me I think.

Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa Hossa

Let's just say I weirded out the people I work with when Hossa signed..... :P

Try finding out while camping, freaking out and waking up half the campground! ROFLMAO :hehe::rolleyes:

-Hossa by far

-at a distant 2nd Stu

-Scotty leaving to chicago, would have rather have it been Tor. For sure!