• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

The Official 2008 Detroit Lions Thread

Rate this topic

Lions Wins  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Surprised no one has mentioned this despite having a 7-9 record last year, which was miles above what the Lions were previous doing.

I'll admit the whole "do you believe in now?" slogan for this year is extra cheesey but why cant the lions win this year. With all the crap going on in GB & Minnesota over Favre and tampering charges, as well as the Urlacher situation in Chicago....the only team not in the headlines are the Lions.

I am actually looking forward to this preseason to see some of these new players. Curious to see if Kevin Smith can take a 2 yard loss and turn it into a 25 yard gain like Barry Sanders did. Also intrigued about Dizon. For a smaller linebacker he is like a hawk in practice, swarming around the ball. Can he do that in game situations?

Lions promise to run the ball to set up the pass this year. If they can do that, this offense can be explosive. If they cant, they could have a typical 6-10 season.

I am predicting 8 wins this year for the lions. No playoffs but great strides.

I voted for 7 wins. I seem them in third behind the Packers and Vikings (in some order) but ahead of the Bears, who still have no QB, no WRs, questionable running backs, and injury-prone stars on defense.

"Do you believe in now?" isn't the worst slogan I've ever heard. That one goes to the Chicago Bulls from a few years back, "Because being a fan means you never get off the bandwagon." Brutal.

DET @ ATL--Win

GB @ DET--Loss

DET @ SF--Loss

CHI @ DET--Win

DET @ MIN--Loss

DET @ HOU--Loss

WAS @ DET--Win

DET @ CHI--Win

JAC @ DET--Loss

DET @ CAR--Win

TB @ DET--Loss

TEN @ DET--Win

MIN @ DET--Loss

DET @ IND--Loss

NO @ DET--Win

DET @ GB--Loss

Not the worst schedule in the world. Three of the losses (GB, at SF, at Hou) and three of the wins (Was, at Car, NO) are closer to toss ups. 9-7/10-6 would be at the high end, but I think 7-9 sounds about right unless they prove to have a solid running game that they're willing to make a genuine commitment to.

10-6 season record then????? how to did you figure this out?? Do we win the divison nostradomus.

Four wins should come from in the division, (GB twice, I think that they will have a rough year with Rodgers and Chicago/Minn split) Tampa, SF and Houston are all winnable games. Jacksonville and Tennessee and Carolina will be close so its a tossup. NO, Indy Washington are the only games I see being near impossible to win.

And yes the Lions will win the NFC North this year. Kevin Smith will have 1000 rushing yards and will win NFC ROTY.

Four wins should come from in the division, (GB twice, I think that they will have a rough year with Rodgers and Chicago/Minn split) Tampa, SF and Houston are all winnable games. Jacksonville and Tennessee and Carolina will be close so its a tossup. NO, Indy Washington are the only games I see being near impossible to win.

And yes the Lions will win the NFC North this year. Kevin Smith will have 1000 rushing yards and will win NFC ROTY.

Lions havent won in GB in forever!

@ Houston is gonna be a tough game to win. Texans are a very underrated team.

Tampa Bay are a good team and can challenge the NFC for the best team in the conference. The Bucs are back!

Those 3 games are possible losses. They will win one of those games and then the Lions drop down to 8-8.

As far as kevin smith, I just hope he stays in the lineup all year.

I was at the lions vs. broncos win when they blew them out and shaun rodgers looked unstoppable. I put myself out there and believed for the firsr time. I was talking playoffs, got a couple friends interested in them. Then they gave it all away. I think if we never drafted Barry Saunders we would be the worst franchise in history. We needed a superman just to be relevant in the NFL. They'll have to prove me wrong to believe they even care.

I was at the lions vs. broncos win when they blew them out and shaun rodgers looked unstoppable. I put myself out there and believed for the firsr time. I was talking playoffs, got a couple friends interested in them. Then they gave it all away. I think if we never drafted Barry Saunders we would be the worst franchise in history. We needed a superman just to be relevant in the NFL. They'll have to prove me wrong to believe they even care.

I remember that game. I believe the lions went to 6-2 with that win. I seriously thought that this was a playoff team after that, drank the kool-aid and started planning weekends off in Jan to watch the playoffs.

I got tricked last year like the rabbit from all those Trix commericals. I thought to myself "silly Lion fans, the playoffs are for REAL teams". CAN'T THE RABBIT HAVE A BOWL OF CEREAL!! CAN'T THE LIONS BE A REAL TEAM!!

7 wins...again...and for the rest of eternity.

It looks like my boycott of Lions merchandise will reach the decade mark.

Ha! I have never bought or even worn anything Lions in my 18 years in this world......I even wore a fricken Ohio State hat for like 3 seconds in Ohio once.

Although I still sit and watch every game on sunday <_<

How can we believe in now? When they have done isht in the past. If they would have made the second round of the playoffs last year then the slogan would work. The Lions slogan people should have came up with a different slogan.

I think they will get 2 or 3 wins and lose the rest due to the William Clay Ford Curse.

Undefeated pre-season! Is this the year? :lol:

I'm listening to the post-game show with Pat Caputo, and he made a great point on comments from a caller. Most people feel that the Lions will still suck with Millen and WCF in the helm, but they are not actually hitting the field and playing. They really shouldn't be influencing the players that much from the owner's box. If they are really a decent enough team this year, they should win some games anyways, and at least contend.

I think this team is good enough to at least match last seasons record, maybe even a win or two more, but as Jim Mora would say: playoffs? PLAYOFFS? No, it won't happen. I still question Marenelli as a coach, and I never was drinking the Kitna kool-aid at any point last year, and I'm still not now. At the very least, we have a pretty easy schedule to start off with. Atlanta and SF blows, and the jury's still out heavily on Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay. Wow, it would be so nice to actually beat the Packers for once. :yowza:

Edited by Kp-Wings

Not the worst schedule in the world. Three of the losses (GB, at SF, at Hou) and three of the wins (Was, at Car, NO) are closer to toss ups. 9-7/10-6 would be at the high end, but I think 7-9 sounds about right unless they prove to have a solid running game that they're willing to make a genuine commitment to.

Agreed.

WR Ronald Bellamy, LB Darnell Bing, S Greg Blue, LB Buster Davis, G Frank Davis, DE Victor DeGrate, CB Devonte Edwards, WR Devale Ellis, DE Hardie, TE Clark Harris, QB Drew Henson, S Lamarcus Hicks, G Corey Hulsey, LB Leon Joe, WR Brandon Middleton, WR Kenneth Moore, RB Artose Pinner, T Jonathan Scott, WR John Standeford, CB Thomas

Also placed on Injured reserve were running backs, Aveion Cason and Brian Calhoun

WR Ronald Bellamy, LB Darnell Bing, S Greg Blue, LB Buster Davis, G Frank Davis, DE Victor DeGrate, CB Devonte Edwards, WR Devale Ellis, DE Hardie, TE Clark Harris, QB Drew Henson, S Lamarcus Hicks, G Corey Hulsey, LB Leon Joe, WR Brandon Middleton, WR Kenneth Moore, RB Artose Pinner, T Jonathan Scott, WR John Standeford, CB Thomas

Also placed on Injured reserve were running backs, Aveion Cason and Brian Calhoun

no shocker there. Why wasnt this post put with the offical Lions thread?

no shocker there. Why wasnt this post put with the offical Lions thread?

I wasnt really thinking when I posted a new topic for it. My mistake. I was suprised they only took 4 wideouts (Williams, Johnson, Furrey, McDonald). I know teams have to have 4 active on game day, but arent they making a mistake by not taking a 5th guy? All the guys that made the team deserve it, for the most part. We had some good battles for spots this preseason and im feeling a 10-6 season or 11-5.

We had some good battles for spots this preseason and im feeling a 10-6 season or 11-5.

Really? That would be awesome. I've been dying to see 'em in the postseason.

You haven't missed much. Even when they do make it they lose - badly. My memory is a little fuzzy though. It's been like nine years.

Lions made the postseason before?? amazing!!

What the hell are you guys on, and where can i get some. Predicting the Lions can win 11-10 wins is legally insane. Time to lock you up and throw away the key.