• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

The Official 2008 Detroit Lions Thread

Rate this topic

Lions Wins  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You haven't missed much. Even when they do make it they lose - badly. My memory is a little fuzzy though. It's been like nine years.

Yup. The last time the Lions made the playoffs was 1999 where they lost in the wildcard game. And its been almost 20 years since the Lions first and only playoff victory.

Yup. The last time the Lions made the playoffs was 1999 where they lost in the wildcard game. And its been almost 20 years since the Lions first and only playoff victory.

Well, since the merger, yeah. Give 'em a bit of time.

Rudi is a GREAT pickup this late in the game. Fantastic, fantastic!

Johnson + Smith is the best running back tandem we've had since Barry Sanders and a sack of cement. I hope the offensive line is up to the task because I have been pretty excited about Smith for a while now and wouldn't have dreamed we could get Rudi Johnson. Brilliant. There is no such thing as a bad offense with a good running game. Pinch me - Matt Millen made a smart move.

well, we got atlanta right away in week 1. predictions?

I say that atlanta will not be able to stop our air attack, that will open up our run. Kitna goes for 275 and 3 TD's and smith/rudi combine for 150 and 1 TD. That adds up to a 28-14 win.

Guys, guys, guys

But they went 4-0 in pre-season

:ph34r:

That's because our starters can only beat the other teams third stringers. :P

Seriously, haven't they gone perfect in the preseason more often than not?

I would be ashamed to call myself a professional athlete if I was any member of the defense for the Lions today. what a disgrace! no run stoppage whatsoever, no secondary at all. CJ and Roy were basically the only Lions who showed up today.

I would be ashamed to call myself a professional athlete if I was any member of the defense for the Lions today. what a disgrace! no run stoppage whatsoever, no secondary at all. CJ and Roy were basically the only Lions who showed up today.

Jason Hanson and Nick Harris had a decent game.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Damn you lions, You trick us in the pre-season, then blow it in regular season..EFF YOu!!!

1 more month until the real detroit sport team kicks in.

Sources tell me the towel boy brought in some mean towels. Nice and fluffy and soft, just like the defense.

Not surprising. Hanson has been doing that for over a decade, and Harris for 5 or so years now. They are the Lions 2 best players :scared:

yup. kinda sad when you consider other good teams, you have to go all the way down before you mention their kicker. Not the lions. I am convinced that teams that mention "yeah we got a good kicker" are really saying "we got nobody".