• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Torless

Pitt interest in Gaborik

Rate this topic

I'm curious to see if this rumor has merit (http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16407)... now the two biggest questions I can think of are:

1. Who would Pittsburgh have to give up for Gabby

2. Is Minnesota thinking top draft next year? What are they thinking?

I guess since he's UFA next year they might lose him anyway... still, he's the franchise player and unless they land a Malkin it can't be worth a swap.

Any thoughts?

edit:link

Edited by Torless

interesting. I'm with you and dont see what Pittsburgh could give up to make it worth it for the Wild. Pittsburgh gave up a good bit to get Hossa, so I dont see them having a lot of young talent to give up for Gaborik

It's EK so I wouldn't put too much into it. I think he hears somethings but guesses on who might be interested. The Pens already gave up a lot to get Hossa and it would take a similar package to get Gaborik. Also he'll be getting 7-9mil in his new deal while the Pens already have almost $42mil committed to salaries for 09-10 and only 5 forwards are signed. So are they really gonna have 50mil committed to only 6 forwards, 5 D and a goalie? Even if the cap went up to 62mil they would only have 12mil to sign 11 players. Oh and not one of those fowards is Staal.

I'm guessing Whitney would go in the deal with Tyler Kennedy, and probably a draft pick. It couldn't be a low one, because Pittsburgh will do decent next season, making their picks less valuable.