• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gnredwing

Who Will Be

Rate this topic

If McCarty and Downey both leave, or dont play in that many games, who would are fighter be. Does Brad Stuart drop the gloves at all, or you think the Wings would bring up some tough guy in the minors. Remember last season the Wings didnt have D Mac, Downey, or Drake and they didnt win. I think its important that the wings have someone that can stand up for his teamates.

If McCarty and Downey both leave, or dont play in that many games, who would are fighter be. Does Brad Stuart drop the gloves at all, or you think the Wings would bring up some tough guy in the minors. Remember last season the Wings didnt have D Mac, Downey, or Drake and they didnt win. I think its important that the wings have someone that can stand up for his teamates.

Lilja can drop the gloves, Franzen is a big force out there, and Hossa can stand up for himself.

Don't forget Cleary.

Lilja can drop the gloves, Franzen is a big force out there, and Hossa can stand up for himself.

Don't forget Cleary.

:lol:

PAIN TRAIN will always be willing, but those other guys you mentioned are a downright joke. I doubt Holland brought Hossa in here to stand up for himself. Cleary and Franzen have already shown that they can't fight their way out of a paper bag.

Gosh it's been a while since we've had another enforcer topic. Are you ready for this boys? :D

:lol:

PAIN TRAIN will always be willing, but those other guys you mentioned are a downright joke. I doubt Holland brought Hossa in here to stand up for himself. Cleary and Franzen have already shown that they can't fight their way out of a paper bag.

Gosh it's been a while since we've had another enforcer topic. Are you ready for this boys? :D

Cleary can fight fine, he stood up to Pronger and had his eyes gouged out in the process. Not exactly his fault. Franzen didn't get his gloves off on the one fight I saw and wasn't able to really get a good chance.

Btw Hossa didn't come here to stand up for himself but what you seem to not get is that he CAN stand up for himself.

I would like and enforcer but to think we are going to get cheapshotted to death is an absolute joke.

Cleary can fight fine, he stood up to Pronger and had his eyes gouged out in the process. Not exactly his fault. Franzen didn't get his gloves off on the one fight I saw and wasn't able to really get a good chance.

Btw Hossa didn't come here to stand up for himself but what you seem to not get is that he CAN stand up for himself.

I would like and enforcer but to think we are going to get cheapshotted to death is an absolute joke.

Franzen had plenty of time to get his gloves off in that fight. He was just awful.

And yeah, we don't want Hossa standing up for himself other than in the occasional scrum. That's not why he's here. And Cleary is extremely gritty, but not really a fighter either.

Ahh, another enforcer topic. This should be fun. :D

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Lilja, He dropped em with Neil and Phaneuf and i forgot :|... He also tried to ruffle some other feathers, but no one was really to dance.

Quincey/Ericcsson, They are both up/comers will need to make a name for themselves.. I'd expect Quincey to get 1:10 fights/Games ratio.. Big rig a tad less. because he adds more to the team then kyle..

Stuart, Has gotten fighting majors, But really hasn't deserved em.. But i would almost rather have Stuart railing people and skating off, Then having him in the Pen Box for 5 mins.

Kopecky, He hasn't shown a willingness, But i think that is because his confidence has been in the toilet for most the season, Confidence is a hell of a drug. Hopefully he can gain it quick and become a solid drake replacement.

Potential Darkhorses would be..

Justin Abdelkader, I heard that he fought a few times in the USHL, and gotten in 1 fight at MSU? i hear that one is debatable.. And in Muskegon, some local guys were saying they talekd to justin and justin said if he got on the ice with crosby he would of got him to fight with him.. Interesting.. But thats a rumor..

Jamie Tardiff, If Mac/Aaron are not available i'd like to think Jamie gets a few games next year.. He is a fighter, Not an enforcer he reminds me of Eric Nystrom tbh. But very un-polished. another long shot to make the wings though

Randall Gelech, He's disapointed me so far as a griffin, Im hoping that we can add more toughness down in GR, Maybe gelech can get the Chris Kunitz syndrome.. Gelech pretty much has a 0% chance of hittin Detroit any time soon, unless he has an amazing camp.

----

This yer im not expecting anymore then 15 fights to be honest, We are not going to have a set in stone enforcer nor fighter this year. But thats ok, As long as we have players who can stick up for eachother regardless of who they are on the team.

Edited by Dump-N-Thump

It's happened before, so it's not a joke. Yes, it usually happens when we're up 5-0, so it doesn't affect the outcome of the game, but that isn't the point the other team cares about by then.

If I was the opposing team, I'd take runs at Wings players all night knowing that I wouldn't have to fear the same thing from the other side. How else are teams going to attempt to challenge us? Certainly not with skill or finesse.

I just want us to have all the loose ends covered. Right now we have everything on the roster except an enforcer. I hope that changes soon.

Lilja, He dropped em with Neil and Phaneuf and i forgot :|... He also tried to ruffle some other feathers, but no one was really to dance.

Quincey/Ericcsson, They are both up/comers will need to make a name for themselves.. I'd expect Quincey to get 1:10 fights/Games ratio.. Big rig a tad less. because he adds more to the team then kyle..

Stuart, Has gotten fighting majors, But really hasn't deserved em.. But i would almost rather have Stuart railing people and skating off, Then having him in the Pen Box for 5 mins.

Kopecky, He hasn't shown a willingness, But i think that is because his confidence has been in the toilet for most the season, Confidence is a hell of a drug.

Potential Darkhorses would be..

Justin Abdelkader, I heard that he fought a few times in the USHL, and gotten in 1 fight at MSU? i hear that one is debatable.. And in Muskegon, some local guys were saying they talekd to justin and justin said if he got on the ice with crosby he would of got him to fight with him.. Interesting.. But thats a rumor..

Jamie Tardiff, If Mac/Aaron are not available i'd like to think Jamie gets a few games next year.. He is a fighter, Not an enforcer he reminds me of Eric Nystrom tbh. But very un-polished. another long shot to tough the wings though

Randall Gelech, He's disapointed me so far as a griffin, Im hoping that we can add more toughness down in GR, Maybe gelech can get the Chris Kunitz syndrome.. Gelech pretty much has a 0% chance of hittin Detroit any time soon, unless he has an amazing camp.

----

This yer im not expecting anymore then 15 fights to be honest, We are not going to have a set in stone enforcer nor fighter this year. But thats ok, As long as we have players who can stick up for eachother regardless of who they are on the team.

Kopecky is a retard.

The guy destroys and bloodies his opponent in his only NHL fight, and yet he's afraid to fight since then. Babcock needs to push him to toughen up and play like a 4th line checker who isn't afraid to shed the gloves.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

KOPECKY IS THE ENCARNATION OF CAM NEELY YOU FRIGGIN IDIOT!!!

/sarcasm.

Here we go again :rolleyes:. I'm pretty much done going through the hypotheticals of who will be enforcing for the Wings this coming season. We know that either Mac or Downey will be taking up the duty if they sign the two-way contract that Holland has offered them. Hopefully both with be with the Wings at the beginning of the season. Everyday, when I get home from work, I check all the insider sources to see if Mac or Downey have agreed to the terms and everyday I am disappointed that there isn't anything reported. Training camp can't start soon enough as far as I'm concerned. If both Mac and Downey pass on signing, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Edited by overHandright1

I want to see Lidstrom drop the gloves at least once in his career. But besdies that I don't like the idea of teams having designated fighters every man on the team should be ready and willing to fight, its part of being a team and sticking up for each other.

is the answer Jesus?

WWJD? If it has to be somebody who has passed away, can't go wrong with Jesus.

But if we're still talking about the living, I'm going to go with the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man. He's big, he's got some weight on him, and if you actually do beat him, you could probably grab a good snack of marshmellow. :P

stay_puft_bobblehead_L.jpg

Guest Dump-N-Thump
I want to see Lidstrom drop the gloves at least once in his career. But besdies that I don't like the idea of teams having designated fighters every man on the team should be ready and willing to fight, its part of being a team and sticking up for each other.

Yah, some people just dont have the personality to be a fighter though :|

Nick did get a roughing penalty early in his career. I can't see him doing that, but it would be awesome. You can just tell under that calm exterior, he could tear a spine out. The most raddled I've ever seen him was during last years playoffs when he was face to face staring down Iginla. But not really enforcer material. :lol:

Sammy is willing, we just have to teach him how to do it properly.

Give Downey the contract. Hire Mac as the Enforcer Coach. (Or the other way around if they would prefer it.)

Someone said Q has been working out with Downey this summer. Does anyone have a link to that? IIRC, the person who said it didn't have a link, but others had read it as well.

I've only seen one video of Kronwall fighting. Let's just say it would be best for team morale if he kept his gloves on.