• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

So, what do we say about Kronwall now?

Rate this topic

Anyone who is surprised to see what Kronwall did during the playoffs was obviously watching basketball during the lockout. He was always gonna be a gun. And when he gets used more often on the point, he'll be scoring a s***load more goals.

Never doubted him - always knew his not living up to the hype was entirely down to a succession of injuries. Anyone who saw him play in the Olympics or World Championships would know what he was capable of.

Thankfully he's also lost the "Nick Jr" tag he was labelled with. Hopefully no-one expects him to be the next #5

He just needs to stay healthy now and work on the one weak area of his game - getting shots on net!

Meh, he's ok. No goals in the playoffs, though. Trade him. That $3 mil/year is wasted if he's sitting on IR. Soft Euro. Can't win anything with soft Euros. He's holding back the young talent in GR.

I love it. I will be the one to say "I told you so."

Those doubters can eat Crow-nwall. Suck it, boys!

I really needed to be a ***** tonight since I didn't get to rip a guy's nuts off at work. Thanks for giving me that opportunity. Back to the praise of my favourite Wing.

Ditto.....

If your speaking as a native North American who knows little about foreign language.

actually the sweedish spelling for kronwall IS kronvall...there was debate on what to put on his jersey at first.

Edit: I may be wrong...i actually think its the prononciation in sweedish is kronVall not the spelling

Edited by XxGoWingsxX

actually the sweedish spelling for kronwall IS kronvall...there was debate on what to put on his jersey at first.

Edit: I may be wrong...i actually think its the prononciation in sweedish is kronVall not the spelling

I remember Emrick saying that the only reason it was ever spelled Kronvall was because of a typo. It's always been Kronwall in Swedish and English, and further the only reason it was ever pronounced with a v is because of that typo (according to Emrick.)

Guest Crymson
:lol:

Ok fine I'll say something hockey related. I feel like if Kronwall was on another team and played against us we would have many issues with his hits. He's turning into a beast though. His pairing with Stuart has mind-blowing potential written all over it. I like that he hits with an edge. Kronnic is my cup of tea.

He does leave his feet quite a bit, though I felt his hits became clean as the playoffs progressed.

He does leave his feet quite a bit, though I felt his hits became clean as the playoffs progressed.

I am torn on this a little bit, either way he is a good hitter, but his hits are Stevens-esque in the fact that they leave you wondering if it was in fact a legal hit.

I watch and from some angles it looks like he leaves his feet, sometimes it looks like the clash of momentum takes him off of his feet.

Either way I love watching him hit, I just would have a hard time defending his hits to others, because in my mind they are border line.

I am torn on this a little bit, either way he is a good hitter, but his hits are Stevens-esque in the fact that they leave you wondering if it was in fact a legal hit.

I watch and from some angles it looks like he leaves his feet, sometimes it looks like the clash of momentum takes him off of his feet.

Either way I love watching him hit, I just would have a hard time defending his hits to others, because in my mind they are border line.

Honestly I wouldn't compare him to Stevens, other than his uncanny ability to catch guys with their heads down.

As vicious as Steven's hits were, very few were questionable, and then it was more a case of a headshot than leaving his feet. His skates were almost always glued to the ice.

Kronwall's not a very big guy so a lot of times it's him exploding up into the hit, but it still tends to make him leave his feet at times.

I just watched the game from March against Buffalo where Kronwall had a great performance in his second game back from the clavicle injury. Given his progress over the last few seasons, and Ericsson's potential, will we really be in that big of a predicament when Lidstrom retires in a few years?

I'm not discounting Lidstrom's importance to the team, but no one would have expected us to do so well following Yzerman's retirement and we've actually seen more success without him. That is a credit to the young guys stepping up and bridging the gap.

In two or three years, is it entirely unlikely that Kronwall will be able to step into Lidstrom's skates as the top defenseman? In two years Ericsson could be at the point that Kronwall is now and unless injury forces him to retire Kronwall could be the backbone of both the offense and defense.

What do you think?

(I feel I should leave a final note pointing out that in no way am I attempting to diminish the legend of either #19 or #5. This post isn't about them.)

I just watched the game from March against Buffalo where Kronwall had a great performance in his second game back from the clavicle injury. Given his progress over the last few seasons, and Ericsson's potential, will we really be in that big of a predicament when Lidstrom retires in a few years?

I'm not discounting Lidstrom's importance to the team, but no one would have expected us to do so well following Yzerman's retirement and we've actually seen more success without him. That is a credit to the young guys stepping up and bridging the gap.

In two or three years, is it entirely unlikely that Kronwall will be able to step into Lidstrom's skates as the top defenseman? In two years Ericsson could be at the point that Kronwall is now and unless injury forces him to retire Kronwall could be the backbone of both the offense and defense.

What do you think?

(I feel I should leave a final note pointing out that in no way am I attempting to diminish the legend of either #19 or #5. This post isn't about them.)

I think the difference is that when he retired, Yzerman was honestly a third player. Because of his injury and age, it was more a gradual handing off of his role with the team. If Lidstrom retires in a few years, he will likely still be the #1 guy.

He's on the ice for nearly half of every game and plays all but one or two games a season. When he's gone, the Wings will have to fill 28+ minutes for 80 or games that have been played by one of the best defenseman in the history of the NHL.

I'm not saying it will devastate the team or anything, but that's a massive hole in the lineup.

I remember Emrick saying that the only reason it was ever spelled Kronvall was because of a typo. It's always been Kronwall in Swedish and English, and further the only reason it was ever pronounced with a v is because of that typo (according to Emrick.)

Im swedish, it is spelled Kronwall, but the W is pronounced V. Just to clarify :).

Guest LivingtheDream

He sure came up this year and got the media/announcers buzzing with all those amazing hits, but he is no Lidstrom in being perfection out there. Recall a certain D man scoring on our own goalie in a SCF game! Even with that one I sill like the guy, but let's be clear, Lids and Ralphi were the true solid rocks of D out there. Without them, no Cup.

Guest Crymson
He sure came up this year and got the media/announcers buzzing with all those amazing hits, but he is no Lidstrom in being perfection out there. Recall a certain D man scoring on our own goalie in a SCF game! Even with that one I sill like the guy, but let's be clear, Lids and Ralphi were the true solid rocks of D out there. Without them, no Cup.

Kronwall did not score on our goal. He was attempting to clear the puck out from in front of the crease, and the puck ricocheted off of Adam Hall's skate and into the net.

I say he's always been a beast of a defenceman and whoever thought we should trade him was a total retard.

I still think we should trade him, now more then ever!!!!!

I will only change my mind after 2 to 3 more seasons after he continues to put up points, dulls out big hits, stays healthy and doesn't get out of position too often. So far he has done that for 1 season and 1 season only. I would trade him when his value is high and get some solid draft picks for the future or maybe a young goalie for the future since Howard may never be ready.

I will only change my mind after 2 to 3 more seasons after he continues to put up points, dulls out big hits, stays healthy and doesn't get out of position too often. So far he has done that for 1 season and 1 season only. I would trade him when his value is high and get some solid draft picks for the future or maybe a young goalie for the future since Howard may never be ready.

Do you even realize how big of a bargain Kronwall will be in a couple years? If he continues this level of play (which there's no indication as to why he wouldn't), he's already a bargain for the amount of money he makes. His level of play this season was exactly what was expected of him (if not a litle better) and he looks to become one of the better Dmen in the league in the next few years. Not to mention, he may not be a kid but he's only 27. Besides, why would the Wings (who are a cup contender) want picks/prospects for an incredibly sound, young defenseman?

Christ, Jeff Finger just signed to a Cap hit of $3.5 million per which is a half a million more than Kronwall's. If that doesn't put things in perspective, I don't know what will.

Cup contenders don't trade young defensemen who are already their 3rd best defender on the team after being arguably their best defensemen while winning a cup for picks and prospects.

Cup contenders don't trade young defensemen who are already their 3rd best defender on the team after being arguably their best defensemen while winning a cup for picks and prospects.

You my friend apparently don't play enough NHL '08!

Guest LivingtheDream
Kronwall did not score on our goal. He was attempting to clear the puck out from in front of the crease, and the puck ricocheted off of Adam Hall's skate and into the net.

You use your little homer colored glasses to see the world any way you want, but he f'cked up big time on that play. It was an unacceptable error in any playoff game let alone a SCF.

You use your little homer colored glasses to see the world any way you want, but he f'cked up big time on that play. It was an unacceptable error in any playoff game let alone a SCF.

Actually, Kronwall shot it at the appropriate angle that would usually put the puck in the corner but Adam Hall skated by at the exact second and the puck banked in off of him and into the net. No reason to kill him on that, probably his only real mess up of the finals.