• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:58 PM

I recently just talked to the lad about the WJC, and what he has been doing to prepare for it and this is how he replied:

"i have been doing alot of runnin and some lifting. its been goin really good here at the camp and i have been playing well. i hope its all good haha"

This kid is the complete package, I feel really great that he is going to be our future goalie. Humble and works his @ss off. Also, he let me in on a little secret (I think), he said he chose the route of the CHL is because not a single college offered him a scholarship.

Edited by Konnan511, 05 August 2008 - 10:18 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#2 Shutemdown

Shutemdown

Instigator

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (Konnan511 @ August 5, 2008 - 10:58PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recently just talked to the lad about the WJC, and what he has been doing to prepare for it and this is how he replied:

"i have been doing alot of runnin and some lifting. its been goin really good here at the camp and i have been playing well. i hope its all good haha"

This kid is the complete package, I feel really great that he is going to be our future goalie. Humble and works his @ss off. Also, he let me in on a little secret (I think), he said he chose the route of the CHL is because not a single college offered him a scholarship.

That's actually kind of unfortunate that no colleges would offer him scholarships. I guess it's understandable though.

Ah well... the CHL will be a good experience for him. Whether he's playing college hockey, or playing in the minor leagues, he'll get some much-needed training and conditioning. I hope to see him playing soon, he sounds like a real personality for our team, as well as a gifted goaltender. Screw scholastics, let's play some hockey! biggrin.gif

#3 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:34 PM

He's a real nice guy, I just talked to him and asked if he can't wait until this offseason is done. Between all the interviews, national team, and drafting; it must be the craziest summer. and He just said, Yah, it's a little nuts, but the main reason I can't wait for the season to start is because I'm getting new equipment. lol...such a goalie
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#4 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:34 PM

Pics of him from last weekend:
http://s37.photobuck...ayers/McCollom/

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#5 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:15 AM

Well he's certainly made a good start to the OHL season. 4-0 W/L record with a 1.74GAA and 0.943 S%. thumbup.gif

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#6 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:20 PM

41 saves from 43 shots today, named the games 2nd star in Guelph's 3-2 SO win.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#7 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:04 PM

0.933 SV, 2.06 GAA, 6-1 record. The kid might be a star someday.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#8 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:31 AM

Link
There are one-goal hockey games that have a playoff feel. Edge-of-your seat nail-biters that have you holding your breath every shift. Last night's OHL game at the Sleeman Centre was not one of them.

The Barrie Colts beat the Guelph Storm 1-0 in a snoozer of a game where the puck was either glued to the boards or being dumped into a corner most of the night.

And Storm coach Jason Brooks has apparently had enough.

"I'm not going to protect them tonight. They can hear about it and they can read about it," a clearly frustrated Brooks said after the game. Once again it was his team's inability to generate quality scoring chances that had him most frustrated.

The game's lone goal came at 10:22 of the second period when Daniel Michalsky deflected a Ryan O'Connor point shot past Thomas McCollum. The goal was briefly reviewed to see if it was tipped in with a high stick.McCollum made 29 saves for Guelph.

"The only reason we were in this game was because of Thomas McCollum," Brooks said.

He's got great numbers for the season. 2.20 GAA and .928 S%. thumbup.gif

#9 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:24 PM

Red Wings draft pick Thomas McCollum is one of the goalies named to the U.S. National Junior team on Wednesday.

Other NHL prospects for the 22-man team include Colin Wilson and James van Riemsdyk.

The world juniors tournament is Dec. 26-Jan. 5 in Ottawa, Ontario. The team will play two exhibitions, against Latvia and Russia, in Kingston prior to the tournament.

Wow, this kid looks the goods.

35 saves on 37 shots yesterday, and today a 30 save shutout. thumbup.gif He is so consistent and seems to start every game for his side.

#10 sWINGED

sWINGED

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ December 5, 2008 - 10:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, this kid looks the goods.

35 saves on 37 shots yesterday, and today a 30 save shutout. thumbup.gif He is so consistent and seems to start every game for his side.

might see him earlier than anticipated in detroit. dare i say next year?

#11 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (sWINGED @ December 9, 2008 - 10:39PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
might see him earlier than anticipated in detroit. dare i say next year?

Another SO today, his second in his past 3 games. 2.11 GAA and 0.930 S% for the season.

He won't be in Detroit next season though. Looks like a blue-chip prospect so we won't rush him. I think he's eligible to play for Grand Rapids next season so that'll be good for his development.

#12 RWK23

RWK23

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:27 PM

Picked up the win today against the Germans in the IIHF Junior Championship opener. Stopped 16/18 (0.889 save percentage) as the U.S. would go on to win 8-2. He's going to have to pick it up if the U.S. wants to go deep into the tournament when playing the likes of Russia, Canada, etc.
"...who fires it out to center ice, five seconds to go, Gonchar to Malkin over the Detroit line pushes it forward. BACKHAND TRY, OH, OSGOOD THE SAVE AND THE REBOUND SLIPS RIGHT PAST THE GOAL MARK! AND THE DETROIT RED WINGS ARE THE 2008 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!" - Ken Kal

#13 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ December 12, 2008 - 11:43PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another SO today, his second in his past 3 games. 2.11 GAA and 0.930 S% for the season.

He won't be in Detroit next season though. Looks like a blue-chip prospect so we won't rush him. I think he's eligible to play for Grand Rapids next season so that'll be good for his development.

Detroit typically lets high-end prospects play out eligiblity in the CHL rather than rushing them into the NHL or AHL, unless they would be a huge upgrade for what the team at that level has; see Steve Yzerman and Chris Osgood for two different examples of this process. Yzerman came into the league and was the top player on the team right away. Osgood played three years in the CHL, followed by a year in the AHL, and then came into the NHL and snatched up the starting position from then All-Star goaltender Tim Cheveldae, forcing the team to explore trade options later in the season.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#14 red_wing

red_wing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

As a Canadian and a Red Wings fan, it sorta tore me to watch Canada rip through the Americans in the WJC. I personally didn't think McCollum looked that good in that game; is it just me?