• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Jordin Tootoo In Town

Rate this topic

...not sure where else to post this, but he is in town for some reason. I happen to work for the major airline in Detroit and was transfering the local luggage from the aircraft to baggage claim. I was off loading a MSP flight when a Nashville Predator Equipment bag came down the belt, I looked at the name of the bagtag it was Tootoo.

...also for all you unclassy Nashville (or any other) fan out there. We Detroit fans are very classy. If I wanted to I could've "LOST" his bag or done something to it to extract a revenge on him, if I were that classless. Of course, being a classy Wings fan, I did nothing but deliver the bag. Not only did I deliver it, but I put the bag on the belt first! Just goes to show, that here in Detroit, you are an enemy on the ice, but a person off the ice...

...also, I ran back to the breakroom to log on and see if the Wings acquired him today, I have yet to find anything pointing to that, so I am left to wonder what he has going on in town where he would need his hockey equipment?

...also, I ran back to the breakroom to log on and see if the Wings acquired him today, I have yet to find anything pointing to that, so I am left to wonder what he has going on in town where he would need his hockey equipment?

Please don't ever scare me like this again.

Guest Shoreline

I'd just have swapped out some woman's stuff with his. Would you like a tutu, Tootoo?

I know sometimes players will play a few training camp games with other teams (we had some oilers here last year, If I remember correctly). Probably a little early for that, but I'm guessing it something along those lines. Some sort of training.

I hope. :unsure:

lol an octopus would have been the greatest thing i ever read here

Did you read the Condom - Enforcers analogy in the Chelios, Downey, Mac thread, that is by far the funniest thing ever!!

How does DOING YOUR JOB and NOT DOING ANYTHING SH1TTY OR ILLEGAL make you a saint and/or classy?

More likely it makes you a borderline sociopath with possible criminal tendencies.

Bet you couldn't wait to run back here and post how much of a hero and classy guy you are because you saw a hockey player's luggage and didn't F with it.

...not sure where else to post this, but he is in town for some reason. I happen to work for the major airline in Detroit and was transfering the local luggage from the aircraft to baggage claim. I was off loading a MSP flight when a Nashville Predator Equipment bag came down the belt, I looked at the name of the bagtag it was Tootoo.

...also for all you unclassy Nashville (or any other) fan out there. We Detroit fans are very classy. If I wanted to I could've "LOST" his bag or done something to it to extract a revenge on him, if I were that classless. Of course, being a classy Wings fan, I did nothing but deliver the bag. Not only did I deliver it, but I put the bag on the belt first! Just goes to show, that here in Detroit, you are an enemy on the ice, but a person off the ice...

Edited by FireCaptain

How does DOING YOUR JOB and NOT DOING ANYTHING SH1TTY OR ILLEGAL make you a saint and/or classy?

More likely it makes you a borderline sociopath with possible criminal tendencies.

Bet you couldn't wait to run back here and post how much of a hero and classy guy you are because you saw a hockey player's luggage and didn't F with it.

I was thinking that same exact thing when I read this earlier. Really couldn't figure out why he would take the time to even type that part out.

Precisely, and why does he or she need this "revenge" he/she speaks of.

I was thinking that same exact thing when I read this earlier. Really couldn't figure out why he would take the time to even type that part out.

Maybe it doesn't make him a saint but I think a lot of people would of taken the s***ty route and kept their mouth shut.

Did you see Tootoo pick it up? My guess is some Red Wing fan working at another airport "accidentally" put his luggage on a flight to Detroit. Tootoo is still waiting for it in Nashville.

... :blink: ...

...Chill out dude! This was a jab at all the things we've read over the years like St. Louis fans wanting a bounty out on Yzerman or Pit fans wanting someone to break Ozzies legs for diving...

...the point was, all fans have players they "hate" a lot of fans say if they ever met that said player they would beat them sensless or even kill them. ie. Chris Pronger...

...I too do not like Jordin Tootoo (too :lol:) and for a small window of opportunity the chance was there to do something 'classless' to his equipment, like throw it on another plane to ANC or LAS or NRT, or just simply put it on a different claim belt to cause him some inconveniece to his day in Detroit. BUT, I did do my job, as a matter of fact I made sure his equipment was the first bag to the claim area, why? Becasue I respect hockey players and instead of ACTING like a lot of our opposing fans and being an *******, I actually made his day because his bags were the first to come to the claim area, and we all hate waiting for our luggage to arrive, so he was probably a little relieved it got there first! Am I a hero for doing my job? That's an idiotic assumption from an obvious idiot. Was I excited to "RUN" back here and tell everyone that I soiled my undies cause I saw a hockey players bag? Another idiotic assumption. I've worked at this place since 1991 and have helped, talked to, met, befriended and carried the luggage of more Hockey players then you can ever think of, so, no, I was not in GAA GAA-Ville because I seen a hockey players bag. So you can put that idiotic assumption to bed. My point was, unlike a lot of things said here and other forums about what we (as fans) may do to an opposing player if we had an opportunity, in which I did, I simply did nothing, becuase I, like 99% of the hockey nation have more class and respect than that. Yeah, we "hate" you, but when your not on the ice, you are a human being...

...Let me ask you something? Ever lost your luggage? Did you tip your skycap? Ever had a feeling that something wasn't right with your pizza or carryout order? Ok, maybe you personally haven't, but I can guarantee and have witnessed when your don't tip your skycap when checking your luggage, I have seen that luggage get put on wrong planes (on purpose.) I know someone who was a pizza delivery guy and if you didn't tip him, the next pizza had a special ingrediant added, a nice big hocker in the center of your pie! And if you don't believe that kind of crap goes on, then you walk down a very narrow hallway. This year alone we fired two employees for rummaging through peoples luggage. Dude it happens, only a few people are classless enough to stoop to that level, but they do. I know a guy out there that used to open up luggage looking for womens panties and once he found them he would sniff them and have his way with himself on those panties. He also used to dry hump suitcases for no apparent reason. Of course after about 25 years of doing this, he eventually got caught a was fired...

...the reason I posted this is I tought it strange that he was traveling to Detroit (not laying over or transferring) with his equipment, and I was wondering why? I added the classy fans thing as a little anictdote and poke at everyone who says they would get "REVENGE" on a player if they ever had a chance...

...here's some advice, chill out, get a grip, come out of that narrow hallway and open your eyes. Oh yeah, relax and enjoy life a little. Always tip someone who provides you a service (even though it's their job) and you'll never have to worry about lost luggage or tainted food again...

wow, I thought it was kind of funny and thought maybe he was taking a poke at other team fans all in fun, but you go ahead and get angry and vent for no real reason.