• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zion

Players You're Glad Didn't Win It...

Rate this topic

Perhaps a silly thread, but the lack of hockey is killing me, and the NHL Network is showing some Wings games finally...

... are there any former Wings you particularly are glad do not get to share in this year's championship? If so, can you rank them?

Off the top of my head:

1) Danny Markov

2) Todd Bertuzzi

3) Mathieu Schneider

4) Bob Lang

5) Brendan Shanahan

I think my reasons above are obvious... it's just that there are a few I'm happier about more than others.

How about you? :ph34r:

Shanahan?

You are glad Shananan didnt get to win the cup? What are you crazy? What single bad thing has Shanny ever done lol. And I doubt Lang has ever used "Bob" before! But I def agree with on Bertuzzi. That stupid ape just retired on my NHL 08 dynasty, hellz yeah.

Edited by ashenhigh

"Heading into the 2007-08 season with no contract, Brent Sopel was invited to the Detroit Red Wings' training camp. However, on September 28, 2007, Sopel left Red Wings camp, signing a one-year, $1.5-million contract with the Chicago Blackhawks"

Shanny signing with the Rangers rubbed me the wrong way, so I am only glad a little bit. He's given much more to the history of the team and the three Cups before that, which is why I ranked him 5th.

I can guarantee that if any of those players were on the Wings for the Cup win you'd be one of the first in line to congratulate them on the win, and you'd be participating in topics that were praising them for their contribbution. So why start a topic that is only to gloat over their decisions to leave? Ok, Scheider and Bertuzzi left for more money, its human nature, Markov left for a combination of money and to return to home, Lang wasn't wanted any more and Shanny, after years of loyal service, decided to leave with Stevie and hand the team over to a younger generation.

If they were here you'd be more than happy to have them, just because they're gone doesn't mean you have to act like you never wanted them anyway.

Guest Shoreline

While technially Sean Avery did, glad his name wasn't put on the cup.

A few of the guys mentioned in post #1 already won a cup well before their current team.. Shanahan and Schneider..

Edited by Shoreline

Ill still never understand the schneider hatred here... The dude had one last run at cash before hangin em up. He didnt piss on Yzerman's shoe or anything.

If anything if you dislike Schneids you should dislike Hossa for a few of the same reasons. Yeah, yeah... Hossa wasnt there very long but the idea remains the same.

Loose the cup to a team, then sign with said team for the next seaon. Apples, I'd like you to meet Apples.

If you like the Hossa pick up, then let Schnieder be. He didnt disgrace the team, or say anything bad about us. He just had bigger fish to fry.

You going to hang Assistant Coaches for the same reasons too?

/Baffled

Hossa is cosmopolitan, even when he was with the Pens; he's not strongly allied with or attached to any club. Schneider had become a key part of the Wings; he was, dare I say, a staple. They were equally free to walk away from their respective teams, but it's easy to see how Schneider's decision "hurt" more.

Point being, comparing the two is kinda lame.

Ill still never understand the schneider hatred here... The dude had one last run at cash before hangin em up. He didnt piss on Yzerman's shoe or anything.

If anything if you dislike Schneids you should dislike Hossa for a few of the same reasons. Yeah, yeah... Hossa wasnt there very long but the idea remains the same.

Loose the cup to a team, then sign with said team for the next seaon. Apples, I'd like you to meet Apples.

If you like the Hossa pick up, then let Schnieder be. He didnt disgrace the team, or say anything bad about us. He just had bigger fish to fry.

You going to hang Assistant Coaches for the same reasons too?

/Baffled

I'm not pissed that Schneider left; I never liked Schneider to begin with, which is where most of my hatred comes from. He always struck me as someone playing more to boost his own stats rather than play team hockey. I can't speak for anyone else on the boards, though, however I wouldn't use Hossa as a comparison, because after looking past them going to Stanley Cup winners, there really isn't much else there.

Guest nutz2u
I'm not pissed that Schneider left; I never liked Schneider to begin with, which is where most of my hatred comes from. He always struck me as someone playing more to boost his own stats rather than play team hockey. I can't speak for anyone else on the boards, though, however I wouldn't use Hossa as a comparison, because after looking past them going to Stanley Cup winners, there really isn't much else there.

Thank you for saving me posting time. Was sooooo glad when he shagged his dumbass to quackland.