• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MississippiWing

Stick Questions

Rate this topic

Guys I was wondering if any of you knew what kind of sticks the more predominate players use. Dats, Hank, Lidstrom, and Cheli would be preferred. I have a friend that is interested in knowing to try some of them out and see if they affect his game. I know the sticks the Cheli uses are made to take a beating but what about everyone elses?

Pavs uses the RBK 9K O stick. I've used that one before, and it's really nice.

Hank uses an Easton Synergy of some sort I think, although I couldn't tell you exactly which one. It looks like a Synergy Elite though.

Nick and Cheli both use that same stick I'm pretty sure.

If your friend is upgrading from a two piece stick or (God forbid) wood, he should see some improvement in his shot if he's got some skill. If not though, it's really not worth it. And the difference from one piece composite to another really isn't that big in my experience, although out of all the sticks I've ever used, the Vapor XXXX is definitely my favorite.

Edited by SeeinRed

thanks guys. My friend is decent. He's helping me along. We are trying to start a roller hockey team in our neighborhood so I'm learning how to skate and the basics so I can play. I have some kind of Easton stick that was given to me by a friend that worked for the SeaWolves our local hockey team.

Dats/Filpula: RBK 9K "O- Stick"

Hank/Lids: Easton Synergy Elite

Hudler/Cleary: Easton Stealth (also what yzerman used when he retired)

Samuelson: Solomon Evolution

Lebda/Kronwall: Bauer XXXX

Homer: Warrior AK-47 (with a hacked off blade)

Draper: Warrior Dolomite

Rafalski: Mission (unkwn model)

thats all i got. thats from pics/memory of game used sticks seen recently at hockeytown authentics. O-stick is nice but a waste of money. TPS makes decent one piece composite sticks for a reasonable price. If money is no object i say get the Synergy SL (super light). You'll break em like mad, but they are a sweet twig. The ST (super tough) is a good piece too, for a little more cash and a little heavier.

thanks guys. My friend is decent. He's helping me along. We are trying to start a roller hockey team in our neighborhood so I'm learning how to skate and the basics so I can play. I have some kind of Easton stick that was given to me by a friend that worked for the SeaWolves our local hockey team.

you don't wanna use the sticks the pros use if you're playing roller hockey. They get torn up wayyy too fast and cost way too much. I recently foudn that out the hard way when I joined a roller league and the only sticks I had were my old ones from ice that each cost over 200 dollars and they both lasted about a month each on the roller court. Unless it's a wooden roller court, then that's a whole different story, but if it's outdoors, get a two piece, so you just have to replace the blase every now and then and not the whole stick.

A few corrections =)

Hudler/Cleary: Easton Stealth S17

Samuelson: Solomon Evolution

Lebda: Bauer XXXX

Kronwall: Nike Bauer One90 Grip

Homer: Warrior Kronik

Rafalski: Mission Fuel TI

Not being a smart @$$ just letting you know

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Pavs uses the RBK 9K O stick. I've used that one before, and it's really nice.

Hank uses an Easton Synergy of some sort I think, although I couldn't tell you exactly which one. It looks like a Synergy Elite though.

Nick and Cheli both use that same stick I'm pretty sure.

If your friend is upgrading from a two piece stick or (God forbid) wood, he should see some improvement in his shot if he's got some skill. If not though, it's really not worth it. And the difference from one piece composite to another really isn't that big in my experience, although out of all the sticks I've ever used, the Vapor XXXX is definitely my favorite.

Hey, don't knock on TRUE lumber! Only real men can use wood. :P

The day one of those fancy, shmancy sticks can make me 10 times the player, is the day i'll pay 10 times what it costs for one vs a wood stick.

Wood Stick: $25.00

Two-handing some "precious" super stick into oblivion: Priceless.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Hey - nothin' wrong with a good old-fashioned piece of lumber IMO.

Way too many parents out there spend loads of $$$ so little Johnny/Susy can use the same sticks/equipment that their fav NHL'er does <_<

Wood sticks IMO are the way to go for the kiddies learning the game, & for older nostalgic goofs like me who still like to know (by the feel) when the biscuit is on the tape ;)

QFT!!

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

Hey - nothin' wrong with a good old-fashioned piece of lumber IMO.

Way too many parents out there spend loads of $$$ so little Johnny/Susy can use the same sticks/equipment that their fav NHL'er does <_<

Wood sticks IMO are the way to go for the kiddies learning the game, & for older nostalgic goofs like me who still like to know (by the feel) when the biscuit is on the tape ;)

Hey, don't knock on TRUE lumber! Only real men can use wood. :P

The day one of those fancy, shmancy sticks can make me 10 times the player, is the day i'll pay 10 times what it costs for one vs a wood stick.

Wood Stick: $25.00

Two-handing some "precious" super stick into oblivion: Priceless.

:lol:

I definitely agree about little kids not using composites. There's absolutely no reason for it. Past that though, is purely preference. It's not a guarantee that your shot's going to be better with a 1 piece, but it usually can't hurt either.

Nothin' beats lumber for a good 2 hander though, you're right about that one :ph34r:

I have the RBK 4K and a RBK SE(Special Edition) and they are both great.Both of them are Crosby curves, but they are great.

As for you friend, all I can say is that he needs to choose a stick that feels good for him.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
An aluminum stick is a lot better for 2 handing. But s***, do they even still make those?

I've used wood from about every manufacturer there is over the past 20 years. Best sticks I ever had and still use to this day are Sher Wood 5030's. They've got some heft but don't weigh a ton and I've found them extremely durable. Plus, anybody you cross check or hack definitely feels it. :ph34r:

I've used wood from about every manufacturer there is over the past 20 years. Best sticks I ever had and still use to this day are Sher Wood 5030's. They've got some heft but don't weigh a ton and I've found them extremely durable. Plus, anybody you cross check or hack definitely feels it. :ph34r:

f*** yeah... thats my baby!

Coffey 5030

I use a stick i found at peranis and havent seen them any where else. Its a innovative or inno.it looks just like the bauer xxx where it goes from white to black. i thnk that is the best stick ive every played with. be it i play just at local drop ins and im a novice with decent skill. but i love that stick. ohh and it has a federov curve.

for roller hockey i would suggest just getting a two peice so you can switch out the blades.

Your best bet is a 2-piece stick. A composite shaft will give you consistency and (usually) durability, as well as the ability to change out your blade so you can experiment with wood vs. composite and you can try different curves. Also, did you say what surface you'll be playing on? If it's asphalt or cement, you'll want to go with an ABS plastic blade, everything else will wear out after 1 or 2 skates. If it's sport court, wood, or super-smooth cement, you will be ok with wood or composite.

I use a stick i found at peranis and havent seen them any where else. Its a innovative or inno.it looks just like the bauer xxx where it goes from white to black. i thnk that is the best stick ive every played with. be it i play just at local drop ins and im a novice with decent skill. but i love that stick. ohh and it has a federov curve.

for roller hockey i would suggest just getting a two peice so you can switch out the blades.

Warrior bought the Innovative brand a couple years ago. The Innovative (Inno) sticks you see at Perani's now are a special makeup from Warrior, made just for Perani's.

Hell Yeah! On top of it, you just feel gangster playing with a Sher Wood.

Not directed at you GS&T: But that's not to say there aren't some great composite sticks out there that are more pricey. There certainly are and if you play regularly, you'll notice enough of a difference.

A few corrections =)

Hudler/Cleary: Easton Stealth S17

Samuelson: Soloman Evolution

Lebda: Bauer XXXX

Kronwall: Nike Bauer One90 Grip

Homer: Warrior Kronik

Rafalski: Mission Fuel TI

Not being a smart @$$ just letting you know

Samuelsson: Salming evolution

ya i figured after looking at the patterns of curves they share. but its an excellent stick. for just a touch over 100 bucks. I definatly plan on buying another one or a warrior for a bit more soon since i need a new stck after my back up broke a while ago. But i highly suggest a warrior or inno stick.

any particular place to pick up the 9k-0 stick, not seen them at places like canadian tire or the jumbo athletes world that carry hockey supplies, and estimated price..$175-$250?

Coffey pattern blade has a wicked curve; nice for wristers, but I had a tuff time with the backhanders :blush:

funny thing was that in my last game i had the goalie down and all i had to do was backhand it over his pad... freakin' stick put the puck way over the cross bar... missing the net all together lol... The stick is perfect for the PK, you can clear that sucker all the way down the rink backhand or forehand with very little effort.

k anybody who highly suggests a warrior is on f***in crack. Them are the worst sticks ever made. Im 16 years old and weigh 160 lbs and my sophmore year i went through 27 warriors in one season. DONT ever buy a warrior....

k anybody who highly suggests a warrior is on f***in crack. Them are the worst sticks ever made. Im 16 years old and weigh 160 lbs and my sophmore year i went through 27 warriors in one season. DONT ever buy a warrior....

Damn He-man!

Might I ask why you let your tally get past 5? I would have changed it up at that point... Sumptin obviously wasn't working right

Edited by OsGOD