• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

pavyaz19

Wings RBK Jersey from China

Rate this topic

Scotzman,

Nothing personal dude and maybe it was the way I read your post, but because I don't drop a lot of loot on a cheap ass replica (My dats Jersey from NHL.com is a lot cheaper material than my LITB Z jersey) that makes me an average NHL fan not a real NHL fan?

Maybe you meant average fan as in the average fan lives on a budget, but I got to say that post seemed a little judgmental of people buying from this site, not the quality of items from the site.

Not meant that way at all... I meant average NHL fan to be a good thing not a bad thing. I think spending tons of cash on a jersey is not a good idea. Sorry it came off that way, not a slam at all.

I would never buy a jersey from NHL.com, because I am on a budget, but I am also a huge Wings/NHL Fan.

Not meant that way at all... I meant average NHL fan to be a good thing not a bad thing. I think spending tons of cash on a jersey is not a good idea. Sorry it came off that way, not a slam at all.

I would never buy a jersey from NHL.com, because I am on a budget, but I am also a huge Wings/NHL Fan.

ALright, my bad man sorry for misreading it, it was early into the coffee!!

My bad!

Okay, on the jerseys-nhl.com site, do they only have Pav and Lids? Where are the prices?

They have Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Hossa and Datsyuk (home, away and winter classic). Price depends on how many you buy and how you pay. Western Union is $5 cheaper a jersey than paypal. If you buy 5 or more they're $45 a jersey (paypal) or $40 western union. If you only buy a couple then I think he charges $60 but these prices include shipping

They have Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Hossa and Datsyuk (home, away and winter classic). Price depends on how many you buy and how you pay. Western Union is $5 cheaper a jersey than paypal. If you buy 5 or more they're $45 a jersey (paypal) or $40 western union. If you only buy a couple then I think he charges $60 but these prices include shipping

They were $55 each for 1-2. Did he raise his prices? I have been wanting to pick up another WC since he has updated them to be more like the authentic ones.

They were $55 each for 1-2. Did he raise his prices? I have been wanting to pick up another WC since he has updated them to be more like the authentic ones.

I've actually never bought only 1 or 2 so I don't know just going by what he quoted me the first time. if you're a loyal customer he'll only charge you $45 for 2 or 3 if you buy a couple lots of 6 beforehand

ALright, my bad man sorry for misreading it, it was early into the coffee!!

My bad!

No problem. I can see why you thought that after reading it, but again, not my intent.

Well, after watching this thread for a long time, I decided to give this a try as well. I ordered 4 jerseys from Light in the box after I tried emailing jerseys-nhl.com and got no response. I ordered a dats, zetterberg, lidstrom winter classic, and ovechkin jersey all in XL size which should fit me without a problem. Price came to $45 each for a total of $180 after shipping which is the best price I could have gotten for a fully lettered and numbered jersey.

I just ordered six more jerseys, this time from Jack. I will let everyone know what happens.

3 Lidstrom Winter Classics

1 Datsyuk Winter Classic

2 Nash Blue Jackets

Seems like from reading Jack does a good job... we'll see. By the way, you can't even get the Winter Classics at NHL.com anymore... I wanted to see how much I would be saving.

Does anyone feel like they are playing Russian Roulette with this whole thing?

I just ordered six more jerseys, this time from Jack. I will let everyone know what happens.

3 Lidstrom Winter Classics

1 Datsyuk Winter Classic

2 Nash Blue Jackets

Seems like from reading Jack does a good job... we'll see. By the way, you can't even get the Winter Classics at NHL.com anymore... I wanted to see how much I would be saving.

Does anyone feel like they are playing Russian Roulette with this whole thing?

I didn't have any luck emailing anyone at jerseys-nhl.com. When I hear about people ordering things from Jack, how do you go about doing it? Does he have a personal email he checks?

I didn't have any luck emailing anyone at jerseys-nhl.com. When I hear about people ordering things from Jack, how do you go about doing it? Does he have a personal email he checks?

This is the email address I used to order mine:

shuangwu11@yahoo.com.cn

This is the email address I used to order mine:

shuangwu11@yahoo.com.cn

Jack will get back with you pretty quick too... just be aware that he is 13 hours ahead of us (EST). My jersey's left Shanghai on the 29th, so I should be getting them this week.

Basically he will email you a list of jerseys he has and the sizes available. Just tell him what you would like and he will tell you how much to send him via PayPal.

I'll make sure to let everyone know the condition and accuracy of the jerseys when they get here.

This ongoing thread is cracking me up. I'm an expat who has lived in Wuxi, China (Jiangsu province, just west of Shanghai) for a little more than two years now. It's one of the largest textile industry hotspots in China, not to mention the world. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the sweaters talked about here are being manufactured right here in Wuxi, and transported to Shanghai for shipping. If I looked around hard enough, I could probably locate the source.

Something about fakes (and China is the master capitol of fakes, no doubt about that) - there is no hard fast rule. The Chinese have been making fakes for a long time now, and with time comes experience that sometimes translates to quality. We used to talk about "Cheap Jap Crap", because goods once made in Japan after WWII really were cheaply made. But all that changed over time.

In China, fake watches, fake zippo lighters, fake fashion accessories (even fake Chinese cigarettes), it's all buyer beware stuff, even for the Chinese people here. But fake doesn't necessarily mean inferior, or poor quality. It's very common for foreigners here to report finding fakes here that are actually better quality than the originals. For example, I bought a fake Les Paul Gibson guitar for my brother in-law that is actually superior to the same style original that he owns. The construction is flawless, better materials, and most importantly, better overall sound. Likewise, I have a "fake" fly fishing rod and reel that is superior to its American made original counterpart. My brother was here, and bought full set of Ping golf clubs - you can't tell the difference.

I think the biggest reason for all of this is because there's a big market for much of this stuff IN CHINA. They don't just sell to Americans, Canadians and Europeans; they have enormous domestic markets as well. This is also the place where many of the original components or bulk materials are manufactured here and sent elsewhere for assembly. That may even be the case with Edge for all I know.

Another example: Thanks to Yao Ming (and Kobe Bryant, whom the Chinese seem to all adore even more for some strange reason), the NBA is HUGE in China. So anything NBA related, be it basketballs, shoes, jerseys, or other basketball related fakes are typically of extremely high quality. Not better and not worse, because the goal there really is to pass as original. In too many cases you can NOT tell the difference.

The textile technology and experience is already here in spades. The Chinese are already masters of textiles of all kinds, and Chinese consumers themselves are EXTREMELY discerning when it comes to clothing, linens (and especially silks, of course), and hyper aware of the quality of various fabrics and stitching. In such cases, as with textiles from China, I'd definitely be willing to gamble on that basis alone. Combine that with Chinese demands, and the average Chinese consumer's attention to and demand for quality textiles, and the assumption is that North Americans are going to be even more discerning, and hence the quality of many fakes go way up.

Anyway, fun thread to read. It didn't surprise me at all that some here got a happy ending. It also didn't surprise me when the Chinese sold out, but haven't restocked yet. That's an ongoing joke with many expats. You'll go to a store, find a favorite item, and eventually clear the shelf. That should be a hint and a half for any business to restock the proven item. Not necessarily with the Chinese. They'll stock that same shelf with something else. The reasoning sometimes goes that if that worked, why not try something else and see if we get lucky with that as well? :hehe:

Wow!

Let me just say that Jack's jerseys are amazing!! Way better quality than light in the box... I just received 6 jerseys (1 Dats, 3 Lids and 2 Nash) 8 days after paying Jack via PayPal. I am amazed at the quality difference... Here are a few pics:

3407595082_8754a321f7_b.jpg

3407595294_6014e2fa6a_b.jpg

3407594060_a8ca2913ec_b.jpg

3406786581_6b65f2e97f_b.jpg

3407594856_c12548065b_b.jpg

3407594302_a861dd01aa_b.jpg

I received my jerseys yesterday from "Jack" and I'm very happy with the quality. I ordered x-larges and if I could do it over again I would order larges. I got a Datsyuk winter classic jersey and a red Zetterberg jersey. My Datsyuk jersey looks just like the one pictured in scotzman's post. I will not hesitate to use "Jack" for my future jersey purchases. :thumbup:

Hey scotzman got a question for you. I have been wanting to get a Nash jersey for some time now but I have a couple questions for you. The star in the Logo doesn't look to have the silver in it that it should have. is it just the picture or is it missing the silver?

I didn't break and buy a knock off. I actually bought the authentic - Fans edge had a 40% off sale last week and I was lucky enough to snag one. I absolutely love it. All my jersey's are authentics and this one far and away is the best jersey I've ever bought. The fabric is insane. I don't even want to take it off...

I'm glad I got the authentic.

http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img2292l.jpg

(excuse the no make up and the gray lounge sweats - I put it on the second it got here this morning).

Hey scotzman got a question for you. I have been wanting to get a Nash jersey for some time now but I have a couple questions for you. The star in the Logo doesn't look to have the silver in it that it should have. is it just the picture or is it missing the silver?

I am pretty sure that is just because I took the pic with my phone... let me double check and get back to you. I think it looks the way it should. I will check later today.

I didn't break and buy a knock off. I actually bought the authentic - Fans edge had a 40% off sale last week and I was lucky enough to snag one. I absolutely love it. All my jersey's are authentics and this one far and away is the best jersey I've ever bought. The fabric is insane. I don't even want to take it off...

(excuse the no make up and the gray lounge sweats - I put it on the second it got here this morning).

It looks good, and if I had more money to throw around I would of gone the authentic path as well. If you don't mind me asking, what did it run you with shipping?

You are beauuutiful. Hot. Smooth to the touch. I want you. Now.

You're pretty, too Jacqui! lol.

It looks good, and if I had more money to throw around I would of gone the authentic path as well. If you don't mind me asking, what did it run you with shipping?

They're listed for $349.99 for the "Authentic" on Fans Edge... even if they were 40% off ($210), that could buy you about 5 jerseys from Jack. Yikes... I will take the knock off. No offense.

The Premier Jersey is $149.99 (not personalized with player number). $219.99 with player number on it...

edit: prices

Edited by scotzman