Guest mindfly
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I read was "Zetterberg signs extension." Thanks a lot. <_<

Hehe that was part of my plan ;) I feel so evil >D

We have to wait until sep/oct for Z's extension with the organization

Edited by mindfly

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I read was "Zetterberg signs extension." Thanks a lot. <_<

Firstly, if he went to another team, you'd totally go with him wouldn't ya?

There's no second.

Firstly, if he went to another team, you'd totally go with him wouldn't ya?

There's no second.

:hysterical: You stole that!

First of all, I wouldn't go with him. However, I would shoot him in the foot so he couldn't play anywhere else.

(Again, there's no second of all.)

:hysterical: You stole that!

First of all, I wouldn't go with him. However, I would shoot him in the foot so he couldn't play anywhere else.

(Again, there's no second of all.)

#1 that would be very vindictive. How could the Wings exact revenge by beating him with his new team?

#2 ....... there is a #2. You stole it from me. I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

God this just makes me nervous thinking about an extension. Why isn't Holland getting this done before the season starts? Its my nightmare to see Zetterberg become a UFA.

Probably wouldn't happen in a million years.

Being the man that's already kind of been slated as "the next captain / RW for life", I doubt the organization would ever let him go. It's scary to say, but if Hank demanded more money, I can see them even denying Franzen to keep Zett around.

Luckily, between our amazing management and Hank's dedication to the team, we don't have to worry about that. They'll come to a compromise somewhere soon and it will all get worked out.

Like someone said earlier, he's making some decent cash on the side with Easton. Assuming he signs for around 6.5M, that's like getting an extra $2M just from that single endorsement, on top of other deals he's undoubtedly getting offered.

I can imagine money isn't the biggest thing on his mind right now. At least not enough to leave his new home.

God this just makes me nervous thinking about an extension. Why isn't Holland getting this done before the season starts? Its my nightmare to see Zetterberg become a UFA.

Not to worry....no way Kenny lets Z come even close to becoming an UFA. Bank on it.

Probably wouldn't happen in a million years.

Being the man that's already kind of been slated as "the next captain / RW for life", I doubt the organization would ever let him go. It's scary to say, but if Hank demanded more money, I can see them even denying Franzen to keep Zett around.

Luckily, between our amazing management and Hank's dedication to the team, we don't have to worry about that. They'll come to a compromise somewhere soon and it will all get worked out.

Like someone said earlier, he's making some decent cash on the side with Easton. Assuming he signs for around 6.5M, that's like getting an extra $2M just from that single endorsement, on top of other deals he's undoubtedly getting offered.

I can imagine money isn't the biggest thing on his mind right now. At least not enough to leave his new home.

You're kidding yourself if you honestly believe Z will be had for $6.5 even in a long-term contract. Dats signed towards the end of two seasons ago at $6.7 when the salary cap was nowhere near where it is now. His contract at this point is beyond a bargain and with the cap hopefully continuing to rise, Z's likely contract of 6-7 years/$7.25-$7.50 million will end up being beyond a bargain long-term as well. Actually, $7.5 million per is a good contract *right now* given some of the other contracts out there and the fact that the single player maximum for this coming year will be $11.34 million. Obviously the Wings' philosophy of "winning championships takes sacrifices" will keep Z's contract from being where it should be, which is around $8-$9.