• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
thedisappearer

One of the best things about the 08-09 season...

Rate this topic

...will easily be no trade deadline drama.

We got our team and chances are good we are gonna have to go wire-to-wire.

Bring it on!

What about Zetterberg? Not that I think he will be traded by any means, but if he is not signed sooner rather then later, the trade deadline is going to be scary. I would hate to see it go to July 1 with Hank.

Guest DetroitBoy313

I wouldn't worry about Hank not resigning.I think he is comfortable here in Detroit and I doubt Kenny let's him go.If we have to part ways with Franzen to keep Hank I'm all for it,I would hate it but we CANNOT let Zetterberg go.One of the things I'm looking forward to this season is just basically being the champs.Teams are going to be gunning for us bigtime this year,I'm going to love to see the competition from other teams.I love going in other buildings and quieting other teams fans.

Zetterberg won't get traded at the deadline. Holland already said he will resign Z and the Mule during training camp. And Z said he wants to play his whole career in Detroit so chances are the deal won't take too long.

What about Zetterberg? Not that I think he will be traded by any means, but if he is not signed sooner rather then later, the trade deadline is going to be scary. I would hate to see it go to July 1 with Hank.

Don't say such things. It's like Lidstrom retiring or your parents getting busy. You don't wanna think about it.

I think you're gonna see some of the best hockey you'll ever see from Pasha, Henrik, Johan and Valtteri...something tells me this year is going to be even better than last, if that's possible.

IF and yes, I say IF (knock on wood x 142563672) Hossa becomes a failure, he could very easily become a deadline name.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Hossa have a clause in his contract that he can't be moved this season? I could've sworn that was part of the deal.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Hossa have a clause in his contract that he can't be moved this season? I could've sworn that was part of the deal.

It was. You are correct. It was a no movement clause. He isn't going anywhere this season.

I think you're gonna see some of the best hockey you'll ever see from Pasha, Henrik, Johan and Valtteri...something tells me this year is going to be even better than last, if that's possible.

I agree! And I get to go to some more games with my hockey buddy! :P I cant wait for the season to start!! :beerbuddy:

It was. You are correct. It was a no movement clause. He isn't going anywhere this season.

hossa has a no-trade clause? i mean, not that i expected him to get traded anyway, but i did not realize that. that's good news. god DAMN i cannot wait for hockey season to start.

Usually only the teams that are going to miss the playoffs are the ones trading their stars away on the deadline. These kind of teams are rebuilding and are glad to get draft picks and prospects. Red Wings is not in a rebuilding mode right now.

Guest mindfly

Can anyone explain why it's so hard to repeat a SC? we did it in 97-98 but that was in the pre-salary cap era, i forgot but was ducks still the absolute favourite to win the cup 07-08 season? what did the pre-season ranking say? I still think detroit has higher chance of repeating than ducks, cause we have a better organization, and addition of a hungry hossa can only make things better...

It's Detroit, San Jose and Montreal.... I think detroit should be able to do it... i just hope our guys wanna win as bad as last year and that they are professional but you never know

I dont think the trade dead line wont be that exciting.

But a big thing I'm looking forward to is the All-Star game. Just think the whole frikin team is going to be wings!

-Those who are for sure going:

Z

dats

lids

Hossa

-And those who have a great chance of going:

Mule

ralf

...and maybe ozzie.

08/09 season is going ot rock! :D

Usually only the teams that are going to miss the playoffs are the ones trading their stars away on the deadline. These kind of teams are rebuilding and are glad to get draft picks and prospects. Red Wings is not in a rebuilding mode right now.

Yeah, but I think the thing Hossa was afraid of was the Wings using him to get ahead in the West/President's race, then moving him for a few players they could resign next year who would be cheaper anyway.

But it wouldn't happen. No way.

But a big thing I'm looking forward to is the All-Star game. Just think the whole frikin team is going to be wings if the league actually invited on shear merit instead of trying to get the big names + every team in the league represented

Z

dats

lids

Hossa

Mule

ralf

...and maybe ozzie.

Fixed.

I agree with you, but the NHL won't. Think back to last year, we had damn near all the starters even tho Hank still hasn't been able to play, but still Rafalski got completely shafted. At the time, Pronger was out of form and underproduced all year, Nedermier was out until like 15 games before the All-Star game, and Rafalski was second only to Lidstrom in points and +/- and still didn't get the invite until they were scrambling at the end to fill the spot and he was already going on vacation.

But a big thing I'm looking forward to is the All-Star game. Just think the whole frikin team is going to be wings!

Z

dats

lids

Hossa

Mule

ralf

...and maybe ozzie.

Don't bet on it. Its been a while since the ASG invitees were actually all worthy of attending. Rick Nash? Bill Guerin? C'mon...

Teams don't repeat because of the long season the first year. Players don't fully recover.

Teams dont repeat because of a long season? Thats BS. Then I suppose teams that go to the Finals dont go on to win the cup in the following season? Last time I checked, Pittsburgh was playing up until the same time we were. Might as well throw their names out of Stanley Cup contention...

The main reason for the lack of repeats that is usually accepted as the univesal #1 reason is the drive. The Red Wings were able to do it in '98 because they were backed by incredible motivation in winning it for Vladdy and Sergei. Its only human to think back to how grueling the road to the Stanley Cup was and think "am I really up for it again?"..."is the emotional rollercoaster worth it?" You have to have incredible drive, motivation and a competitive attitude to have what it takes to repeat. Wings fans know better than most that its the drive that can beat out the talent any day of the week.

Hank is like the next Yzerman, he's gonna be here his whole career, he's leader material and he's not just about the sport of hockey and winning, but he's about winning it with HIS team.