• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Booster313

Stevie Y @ Fan Fest!

Rate this topic

I just got back from the Fan Fest at the Joe and I had to share my experience. It's really cool and worth the money! They have a great HHOF display. The highlight however was Steve Yzerman. He was on stage for more than an hour this morning with Ken Daniels and Jim Nill. He answered questions and after he was done he signed autographs for about 30mins. He signed my Jersey and my Yzerman 19 retirement book! What a great guy. I will post pictures soon.

I went today as well, had a good time. Steve signed my dads stanley cup hat and both my daughters and my Yzerman jersey. Well worth the trip. Unfortunately the lack of current players there was a downer and some alumni that were scheduled were not to be found. Saw all the trophies except for the cup.

Edited by Hocketownwest

Here's a good one I took of Steve..

steve.jpg

Surprisingly enough even Gordie was signing, of course he stopped half way down the line :huh: I'll give him a break because he's old.

sg.jpg

The layout

fanfest.jpg

My daughter and I even made it on the Freepress website

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery...Params=Itemnr=9

Edited by Hocketownwest

I was there as well. I had NO idea that Stevie was going to be signing. I heard some guy say hey, Yzerman is... and off I was. I managed to wade my way in and got my jersey signed. I did not get the cool pics, as I had too many people in front of me holding up their stuff. I was very excited, though!

I was disappointed at the lack of current players there, though. I had thought that perhaps some of the regulars (the Grindline perhaps?) would show up. NO dice.

100_6209.jpg

100_2016.jpg

EDIT Thanks for sharing your photos... I will copy some of them for my scrapbook!

Edited by vladyfan

Here's a good one I took of Steve..

steve.jpg

Surprisingly enough even Gordie was signing, of course he stopped half way down the line :huh: I'll give him a break because he's old.

sg.jpg

The layout

fanfest.jpg

My daughter and I even made it on the Freepress website

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery...Params=Itemnr=9

I made it too! I'm in picture 21, gray t-shirt and white championship hat!

I am in the pictures too. I am the second photo taking the 70mph slap shot. My picture is right after Stevie. Yes, I rule. Me and my mom also won the Wing it! Trivia challenge. I acted like a total moron, being tired sucks.

Edited by lidstromfan5