• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shutemdown

Assemble your dream team...

Rate this topic

Who would you pick?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alright, so I'm bored as hell right now...

I just read through all of the posts in the thread titled, "Lidstrom", and the debate has gone to what people look for more on a team, offense or defense. Also, they're debating who the best player is and why.

All of this being said, I thought it might be cool to create a poll asking who YOU would choose if you were to assemble a team.

These are all active players, and we'll say choose one from each category: offense, defense, and goalies.

Explain your choice!

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Iginla - Perfect all around player

Lidstrom - Best D-Man ever to play the game

Luongo - Dominant Goalie.

Guest Dump-N-Thump
how do you include a list of goalies and include huet & raycroft but leave CHRIS OSGOOD off.

I noticed that, i also noticed Rob Blake and not Bouwmeester

I noticed that, i also noticed Rob Blake and not Bouwmeester

My reasoning may have been way off, but when I was thinking of people to put into the "defenseman" category, I figured 99.9% of people on these boards would choose St. Nik anyways, so I didn't even really bother putting Bouwmeester on there.

And also, I picked the most elite goalies I could think of in the NHL right now, didn't even think of putting Ozzie on there just because I figured most people (including alot of Wings fans) see him as a SOLID goalie, but not an elite, superstar goalie. I, personally, could go either way on that... he has the stats to prove he's a great goaltender, and I would trust him in any situation to be great and come up big when needed.

My reasoning may have been way off, but when I was thinking of people to put into the "defenseman" category, I figured 99.9% of people on these boards would choose St. Nik anyways, so I didn't even really bother putting Bouwmeester on there.

And also, I picked the most elite goalies I could think of in the NHL right now, didn't even think of putting Ozzie on there just because I figured most people (including alot of Wings fans) see him as a SOLID goalie, but not an elite, superstar goalie. I, personally, could go either way on that... he has the stats to prove he's a great goaltender, and I would trust him in any situation to be great and come up big when needed.

i dont have a problem with your defensemen listing....but how do you pick Andrew Raycroft over Chris Osgood? Raycroft is not even a starting goalie.

My picks:

Ilya Kovalchuk - Second in goals, tenth in points and he plays for the Thrashers. I wonder what he could do on a somewhat decent team.

Niklas Lidstrom - Does this really need to be explained.

Ryan Miller - Great goalie with best years still ahead.

Edited by ArcticWing

Datsyuk - Good both offensively and defensively

Lisdstrom - PERIOD

Luongo - Great goaltender, good stats and with a guy like Lidstrom in front him, his overall Win-Loss column will be over ,500

What makes me laugh is you put guys like Raycroft, Roloson and Huet in your pool while CHRIS OSGOOD - a STANLEY CUP winner isn't here.