• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HoweHatTrick

Z looking to stay here

Rate this topic

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...S0103/809100425

"It's many months before the open market starts; hopefully, we can get something done before," Zetterberg said Wednesday after returning from Sweden and participating in an informal practice with teammates at Joe Louis Arena.

"I love it here. This has become a home for me. I would like to be here for a long, long time."

Zetterberg said his agent, Marc Levine, and Wings general manager Ken Holland have started discussions concerning a potential new deal.

Holland said these types of negotiations often take a few months, which is why they're starting early.

Great to hear that they are already talking, and hope to get something done.

The big comment:

"A lot of good players are under the same roof," said Zetterberg, who led the Wings with 43 goals last season. "I think it would be tough for Kenny. It's not easy like it was before the cap. We've got to find a way it can work for both of us."

:siren:

The big comment:

:siren:

I completely agree... him saying that is HUGE! It just speaks praises to his character and dedication to this team. He's coming off a huge year, winning the conn smythe, helping (and basically LEADING his team to the Stanley Cup). If he were a star on any other team with that kind of a season, he'd be looking for MAD cash.

The fact that he's still trying to work something out where it won't hurt or affect the TEAM as much just shows what a great team player he is.

The whole article was great, but that comment is what shows he's really committed to the team and loves it... putting the team before himself.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...S0103/809100425

"It's many months before the open market starts; hopefully, we can get something done before," Zetterberg said Wednesday after returning from Sweden and participating in an informal practice with teammates at Joe Louis Arena.

"I love it here. This has become a home for me. I would like to be here for a long, long time."

Zetterberg said his agent, Marc Levine, and Wings general manager Ken Holland have started discussions concerning a potential new deal.

Holland said these types of negotiations often take a few months, which is why they're starting early.

Great to hear that they are already talking, and hope to get something done.

Good to know Z and I are on the same page. He's expressed his desire to remain a Red Wing before as well. It seems like all involved are working towards the same goal. I will be utterly shocked if he isn't re-signed here. That being said, I'd just be more comfortable if it was done sooner than later.

Good to know Z and I are on the same page. He's expressed his desire to remain a Red Wing before as well. It seems like all involved are working towards the same goal. I will be utterly shocked if he isn't re-signed here. That being said, I'd just be more comfortable if it was done sooner than later.

I'm gonna come out and say it isn't going to be done real quick. Both Kenny and Z are on the same page and they both understand what this signing entails for both Henrik and the cap. They both want the same thing, which is for Z to be here long-term. There's no real surprises, so now its just a matter of both sides being able to live with the number/term they come to.

I'm guessing they'll come to a deal sometime in December.

I'm gonna come out and say it isn't going to be done real quick. Both Kenny and Z are on the same page and they both understand what this signing entails for both Henrik and the cap. They both want the same thing, which is for Z to be here long-term. There's no real surprises, so now its just a matter of both sides being able to live with the number/term they come to.

I'm guessing they'll come to a deal sometime in December.

I would consider December pretty soon actually. I don't want it to be next summer and I'm still biting my nails deciding, do I shoot Z in the foot or wait another week?!?!? So really it all just comes down to my blood pressure. ;)

I think one thing that may factor in for the timeline is that Z may give Kenny a chance to deal with Franzen and Marian (and Hudler!) to see what is possible to keep everyone. If they can all get together and find numbers that they are willing to live with and that fit under a cap, we're golden (silver).

Guest nutz2u
Z 4 MAYOR

Never make it. Ya gotta be corrupt to be a politician. Actually you just start as a lawyer (everyone knows their vermin), then it's just a small step to politician.

Guest mindfly

Wings organization sure seem like the best and the players loves it here... yzerman, lidström, draper, maltby, holmström, probably zetterberg, datsyuk... everyone wanna be wing for life... other players as well, mccarty, osgood, howe etc have been here more or less all the time... It's something special with detroit red wings, fooooor suuuure as homer would have said

I think one thing that may factor in for the timeline is that Z may give Kenny a chance to deal with Franzen and Marian (and Hudler!) to see what is possible to keep everyone. If they can all get together and find numbers that they are willing to live with and that fit under a cap, we're golden (silver).

I will be very interested to see who re-signs first out of Mule and Z. If Z is being difficult, does KH move to lock up the Mule and work it from there? I don't see Hudler signing anything until after the season, unless he is super happy with his role and playing regular minutes on the 2nd line. I think he has to prove he can play those minutes and be responsible defensively before the org and palyer make a long-term commitment to each other. I think we all know Hossa will be waiting until after the season to decide what to do. Let's just hope the cap continues to rise at decent rate so that everyone can be retained.

Never make it. Ya gotta be corrupt to be a politician. Actually you just start as a lawyer (everyone knows their vermin), then it's just a small step to politician.

It's not that politicians are more corrupt or unseemly than you or I, it's just that no one cares enough to watch for us to screw up.

I think we all know Hossa will be waiting until after the season to decide what to do. Let's just hope the cap continues to rise at decent rate so that everyone can be retained.

Now, I personally want to keep this board from descending into the madness that was the 1000+ post Hossa hate-fest on the Pens board, so let's not get too excited about Hossa being here beyond June. Let's enjoy him for this season first.

Great for Hank. He will get two long - term deals this year. One deal is with Emma, and the other one is with the Red Wings. Huge year in his life.

He better get a no-trade clause into that one... ;)

It's not that politicians are more corrupt or unseemly than you or I, it's just that no one cares enough to watch for us to screw up.

Maybe. But in the case of Kwame, I believe he is MUCH more corrupt than you or I; unless you happen to be a member of a mob family.