• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsFANstuckintheSOUTH

Hurricanes 3rd jersey's released

Rate this topic

all I can say is, thank god my favourite team has a cool jersey/logo. I have never thought the Detroit jersies were even questionably tacky or ugly! Thrasher jersies are pretty ugly as well!

Edited by miller76

I'm sort of bummed. The last teaser email I got regarding this jersey indicated that it had that grey carbon thing going on with the original logo.... kind of like the Rogers Edwards stuff for RBK Hockey. Oh well, I'll be there the night they debut (vs the Wings, no less). Wife got us club level seats... always fun to be a Wings fan among the hoi polloi. :D

Yea, that's on the shoulders. http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...;galleryId=7075

Edited by wingschamps

not gonna lie, i kinda dig them. not wild about the checkered bottom. it makes sense on the red jersey (the normal one) but not the black.

Still i'd buy it if i could find one for like 50 bucks.

Does anybody ever really give a 3rd jersey a chance? Its like, no team has ever produced something even mediocre in the eyes of everyone on these boards.

I mean, I find it a little strange that everyone relates to old jerseys such as the whalers in this instance as an example of a great looking jersey.

But i bet you, when the whalers jersey was first introduced, no one liked it. All the same, if the whaler jersey never existed, and the likes of it was produced for the first time now, everyone would look at it with disgust.

look at these jerseys with some objective people. its really not a bad look. can anything impress you?

Absolutely....but this jersey just looks like sh*t, IMO. There are plenty of jerseys out there both new and old that I like alot, but this isn't one of them.

Great link, dude!

Honestly, I was a little hesitant about these jerseys until I went and looked at those pictures. With the players actually WEARING them, they look pretty good.

I like the carbon-colored Hurricanes' symbol on the shoulders, and I also like Ward's goalie pads. Overall, they look pretty put together.

I'll just leave it at, "I have nothing bad to say about them." :thumbup:

Absolutely....but this jersey just looks like sh*t, IMO. There are plenty of jerseys out there both new and old that I like alot, but this isn't one of them.

What ones do you like? what ones do everyone like?

Does anybody ever really give a 3rd jersey a chance? Its like, no team has ever produced something even mediocre in the eyes of everyone on these boards.

I mean, I find it a little strange that everyone relates to old jerseys such as the whalers in this instance as an example of a great looking jersey.

But i bet you, when the whalers jersey was first introduced, no one liked it. All the same, if the whaler jersey never existed, and the likes of it was produced for the first time now, everyone would look at it with disgust.

look at these jerseys with some objective people. its really not a bad look. can anything impress you?

To be honest I do hold third jerseys to probably a higher standard, because I really hate the whole idea of a third jersey. This one isn't actually bad, but all that black is kind of an assault on the eyes. But I'm happy they didn't get stupid with it - it'd be a good look if it were the regular jersey.

:lol: good point. It is decreed, henceforth, when they wear this jersey they are the Carolina Tropical Storms.

Or perhaps, more appropriately, the Carolina Tropical Depressions given how the team makes their fans feel.

Having said that, I don't mind the black look at all. I've never cared for their red jerseys which is odd since they were obviously modeled generally after the Wings.

all I can say is, thank god my favourite team has a cool jersey/logo. I have never thought the Detroit jersies were even questionably tacky or ugly! Thrasher jersies are pretty ugly as well!

Although I like the team I have never found what's so appealing about the Wings jersey. Red isn't a really cool color. These Canes jersies are tight though.