• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mooose kiiisses

Stevie Y.

Rate this topic

I got one of these texts too. I'll repost the whole story here from Post Everytime You Look:

I got this email from the Detroit Red Wings today:

Hey Red Wings fans!

Don't miss a minute of this month's training camp and preseason action. Sign up today for the Red Wings Mobile News! Receive Red Wings news alerts directly to your mobile phone. Join by texting "Red Wings" to 70734 or log on to DetroitRedWings.com and enter your phone number to subscribe.

Once you enroll, you'll receive two (2) text message updates per day from Traverse City and one (1) message a week throughout the pre-season. The best news? There's no fee to enroll!

So log on or text in today and join Wings Mobile news.

So I figure, why not and signed up.

The first message I got said

"Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg was named to the NHL's 'Three Stars' for the week ending Oct 14."

Which was strange, being that it isn't Oct yet

THEN I got:

"Don't forget to check out www.detroitredwings.com. Ticket packages are still avalible. Call 313-396-7575 for more info"

and

"Visit the new legends club. Includes ticket, dinner buffet and some of the best seats in the house for on ice action"

THEN IT GOT REALLLLY WEIRD

THIS IS AN EXACT TRANSCRIPT FROM MY CELL PHONE OF THE TXT IT SENT ME:

Breaking news.

Steve Yzerman will come out of retirement and return to the ice in mid November. Come to the Joe to catch the action!

What the hell? I have no idea what to think about this. :unsure:

Edited by Elshupacabra

I got one of these texts too. I'll repost the whole story here from Post Everytime You Look:

I got this email from the Detroit Red Wings today:

So I figure, why not and signed up.

The first message I got said

Which was strange, being that it isn't Oct yet

THEN I got:

and

THEN IT GOT REALLLLY WEIRD

THIS IS AN EXACT TRANSCRIPT FROM MY CELL PHONE OF THE TXT IT SENT ME:

What the hell? I have no idea what to think about this. :unsure:

It's probably test messages accidentally being sent to everyone. I experienced this with Pizza Hut's online ordering system a couple months back.

Thats just stupid

While I would love to see Stevie play again, he has too much class to do this. IMO players or athletics who pull the I am retiring and then come back are greedy. They don't do it for the love of it, they do it for the money. Stevie is far from needing money. He does too much on TV and commercials and his job with the Wings to need money. This has to be some cruel joke to yang some chains. I got the same email but haven't signed up for the updates yet. I will and hopefully someone will send a text saying this was a mistake. I wish it wasn't but he quit because he couldn't play at his best anymore because of his knees, they didn't heal in 2 years.

While I would love to see Stevie play again, he has too much class to do this. IMO players or athletics who pull the I am retiring and then come back are greedy. They don't do it for the love of it, they do it for the money.

What? No!

This usually happens when players suffer too many injuries. They feel they can't go on despite the desire to. Then they heal, and their outlook changes and they come back. To say greed is the reason is ignorant, presumptuous and stupid. Until you can empathise with the situation some of these guys were in, don't comment.

I know what it was like to be in constant pain from a game I loved and think, "There is no way can I keep doing this.". After a few years however, I felt better and missed playing big time. The pain and injuries were the last things on my mind as opposed to the first.

Greed? You're just so far off it's not funny.

Edited by Doggy

What? No!

This usually happens when players suffer too many injuries. They feel they can't go on despite the desire to. Then they heal, and their outlook changes and they come back. To say greed is the reason is ignorant, presumptuous and stupid. Until you can empathise with the situation some of these guys were in, don't comment.

I know what it was like to be in constant pain from a game I loved and think, "There is no way can I keep doing this.". After a few years however, I felt better and missed playing big time. The pain and injuries were the last things on my mind as opposed to the first.

Greed? You're just so far off it's not funny.

Wow you sure are nice! I am entitled to my opinion. You don't have to agree but to call me ignorant and stupid is just well I won't go there. The greed I was speaking of was the greed to make more money but I shouldn't justify my opinion to you since I wasn't a hockey player or an athlete I can't have an opinion. You don't have to attack people just because you disagree. I love message boards that bring out the nice in people. Have a great night!

Edited by rdwngnut

I signed up after getting the email from the Wings' mailing list, and got the texts, too.

Yback.jpg

Come on, let's use some common sense here. A text message breaks a monumental story of Hall of Famer Steve Yzerman coming out of retirement? No chance.

If they can be used to announce a VP choice, why not this?

Now, that's not to say I'm reading too much into it. Like redwings1914 said, an alumni/charity game had crossed my mind. Baseless speculation: something in connection with the Canadiens' centennial?

The first few messages seem to be from last season, so maybe the Yzerman message is an old one that's mistakenly being sent out, too. Anyone have access to Yzerman's day planner from last November?

i would guess an alumni game OR....he is gonan just deke the pants off of Roy at his jersey retirement in montreal..just like old times :).... but it said the joe...anyways i would put my money on this being in no way related to the redwings nhl roster for this season or any season in the future

#1: i wasn't sure so i asked. i also thought it was a mistake but i thought someone on here might know something. the text is from Red Wings Mobile News from www.redwings.nhl.com the sign up link is on their homepage.

#2: i am not full of s***, i'm not the only one who got it. and my eyes are blue thank you very much.

and

#3: i'm not a 'him'.

but here's a pic anyways... it's blurry but it's the best that would take, and it's still legible.

redwingstext.jpg

Notice that we are also playing Montreal in November, so the possibility that Montreal is going to be having an alumni game vs the Original Six teams this year for their anniversary is very possible in my mind. Don't forget that there have been alumni games played on FSN Detroit from the Joe in the past. The lockout year had Detroit and Toronto and I believe the next year was Montreal but then the thing went away with the lockout being over.

Steve Yzerman is not Mario Lemieux, he loves the job he has with the Wings and has said on numerous occasions that if he wanted to have kept playing he would have. Now with the Red Wings "awesome" new marketing group they got last year this is just the thing I could see them using to get some interest going.

Wow you sure are nice! I am entitled to my opinion. You don't have to agree but to call me ignorant and stupid is just well I won't go there. The greed I was speaking of was the greed to make more money but I shouldn't justify my opinion to you since I wasn't a hockey player or an athlete I can't have an opinion. You don't have to attack people just because you disagree. I love message boards that bring out the nice in people. Have a great night!

Awww, my heart bleeds for you. Maybe you could spend less time attacking former greats of the game for stupid reasons.

If you could back your ignorant opinion up with anything at all, I could respect it more.

Edited by Doggy

i just got a text from the Red Wings Mobile News saying The Captain will come out of retirement and be on the ice in mid-November.

anyone know anything about this?

i'm freaking out!!! :w00t2:

It has to be an old-timers game or something like that.