• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sitkajo

Hat Trick Dick Axellson at the prospeect tournement

Rate this topic

Well that's a shame because I was hoping that eventually he would be the missing link to a new Red Wings Swedish Five.

Kronwall-Ericsson

Axelsson-Zetterberg-Franzen

Part of the reason as to why Datsyuk works so well with Zetterberg is because Pav has great passing, scoring and skating ability to go with great hockey sense. Zetterberg likes to pass the puck but he also needs someone with great passing ability who can pass it back to him in scoring position.

Sometimes they have Hudler with Zetterberg, but only on the Power Play because Hudler is a mediocre skater at best. When it comes to passing ability, Franzen isn't that good. Samuelsson... well, come on. Holmstrom plays very well on Z's wing, it's just that he's injured a lot and when he's not, it seems as if Babs wants to pair him with Pav no matter what.

Based on the scouting reports I've read on Dick Axelsson, it seems like he has the talent and skill to not so much be like Pav on Z's wing, but a hell of a lot more serviceable than Samuelsson, Hudler, Filppula, Cleary, etc.

As of today, I've read that he wants to spend one more year in the SEL and then move on to Grand Rapids.

Many question Dick's work ethic and attitude and whatever. It's as if the Wings have players who didn't face those questions ever. I know for sure that at some point in their early careers that Datsyuk, Hudler and Cleary faced those criticisms.

Many question Dick's work ethic and attitude and whatever. It's as if the Wings have players who didn't face those questions ever. I know for sure that at some point in their early careers that Datsyuk, Hudler and Cleary faced those criticisms.

His attitude was a problem earlier. He is somewhat of a "problem child" but he has improved alot since he got traded from Djurgården to Färjestad. Actually, he has been very good in Färjestad in the playoffs.

He is more of a play maker and a goal scorer, a dribbler, rather than a hard worker. And it has worked great for him while playing with other players of that type in Färjestad.

Here is a link of a nice goal he scored in the semi finals:

http://tv.hockeyligan.se/main.aspx?contentid=742722531329 ( at around 2:33 in)

As of today, I've read that he wants to spend one more year in the SEL and then move on to Grand Rapids.

Yes, that's what he said. He want's to play one more season with Färjestads BK before going to the NHL. And I think he needs it to grow a little bit more as a player. After seeing him in the play offs I really think he has potential to become a solid NHL player.

He is more of a play maker and a goal scorer, a dribbler, rather than a hard worker. And it has worked great for him while playing with other players of that type in Färjestad.

I think he needs it to grow a little bit more as a player. After seeing him in the play offs I really think he has potential to become a solid NHL player.

A dribbler? What's that? And why is that kind of style mutually exclusive from being a hard worker? In other words, why can't Dick be both a dribbler and a hard worker?

Still doubt if he can play on a scoring line in the NHL?

Why can't Dick be both a dribbler and a hard worker?

Sorry, by hard worker I meant someone who uses his body alot by throwing big hits from time to time. Dick is not that type of player. But he works hard, as in skates alot, when he is on the ice, and like I said, he has improved alot since last time I wrote here.

He might. I think the upcoming season will tell us :)

A dribbler? What's that? And why is that kind of style mutually exclusive from being a hard worker? In other words, why can't Dick be both a dribbler and a hard worker?

A dribbler = dangler. Hes got some real nifty moves. He really is a red wings type player, i think he will be a lock for a real solid secondliner in the nhl, perhaps even better.

Kid has freakish talent but I'm real worried nothing significant will ever become of it. He's our best offensive prospect in terms of pure offensive ability but I fear for his future with the Wings sometimes. Hopefully he comes over for training camp and does all the right things on and off the ice.

Axelsson and two of the young Canadian prospects were sent home early just after the Griffins defeated Hamilton in the first round of the playoffs. The official reason has been kept pretty quiet-though behaviorial issues is the speculation. If this is the case, the boy had better grow up pretty quickly if he hopes to continue to play in the Wings system.

Axelsson and two of the young Canadian prospects were sent home early just after the Griffins defeated Hamilton in the first round of the playoffs. The official reason has been kept pretty quiet-though behaviorial issues is the speculation. If this is the case, the boy had better grow up pretty quickly if he hopes to continue to play in the Wings system.

"The official reason has been kept pretty quiet-though behaviorial issues is the speculation". Was he out partying, not getting along with teammates, poor work attitude? Can you elaborate a bit more pretty please, or is it shush shush? Sorry, just interested. Thanks..

"The official reason has been kept pretty quiet-though behaviorial issues is the speculation". Was he out partying, not getting along with teammates, poor work attitude? Can you elaborate a bit more pretty please, or is it shush shush? Sorry, just interested. Thanks..

Actually there have been quite some discussion about his personality/attitude in swedish media. He was described as immature and lazy by a well known hockey-personality in sweden. Altough the so called hockey-personality is known as a loudmouth there seemed to be some truth to the statement. He played ok (statisticly) for Djurgården in SEL last season and eventually got traded to Färjestad (Who later became champions). Rumours say the trade was based on poor morale and attitude from Dick. But in Färjestad it all changed, he finished with a record of 6+12 for a total of 18 points in 21 games. I don't remember if he actually played in the finals, but if he didn't it was only because of an injured finger. He was definently in the first team. With all of that said i think it will be interesting seeing him now since it seems he's grown a lot as a person. And when it comes to skill he's already a great player.