• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sitkajo

Jiri Fischer on life, hockey and helping people

Rate this topic

Great to see Fischer back with the Wings and involved in hockey. I hope he has a long career in the league in whatever functions he can support and feels passionate about. I'll always remember him as the guy that took it to Hartnell with one punch. :)

That is why the Wings are the classiest organization out there. 'Cause of Fischer, Vladdy and all the others ex-players, who are still involved with the Wings. But I'm still slightly disappointed that they didn't approach Larionov to fill that free coaching place (He got offers from the Coyotes, the Ducks, and the SKA from Russia). But well... I'm happy that Jiri likes his new work.

Edited by jawbreaker

"Family and health are No. 1," he said. "When I was playing, hockey was No. 1. Priorities have shifted."

That is good to hear. You always fear athletes will risk their own health or their family strength for sports, it is good to see his head is on right!

Guest mindfly

Can Fischer not bare try to play with wings again, maybe his heart problems are over? He was a solid D what I could remember with extremely good size.

It is a very hard way to learn priorities, but I think he passed that test with flying colors. I hope with all my heart I run into him this weekend.

I miss Fisch, a hell of a thing to happen to such a good guy. Its refreshing to know that he is able to help shape the future of our Wings.

Again my hat goes off to this organization. You give your blood, sweat, and tears and Mr and Mrs I will never forget it.