• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Hossa's back is "tight"

Rate this topic

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...9034/1053/rss17

About the same problem as Zetterberg had? He also had bad knees during previous seasons... I hope he doesn't get send to IR half the season... that would be like bad investment.... just hope he recovers... doesn't seem like a biggie, but you never knows :S

It may turn out to be a bad investment. I don't know what a "like bad investment" is.

Daaannnng, we have a winner. The bus is still warm and someone is panicing about an injury. Could it be he hasn't skated in months or doesn't like buses. RELAX.

Edited by lfd250

Guest mindfly
It may turn out to be a bad investment. I don't know what a "like bad investment" is.

Alright ***, maybe have in mind that some of the forum users ain't from america and doesn't have english as their native language, so show some respect would you.

Edited by mindfly

Woah, a tight back. Sounds like he might be out for the year. What a terrible signing. Now two of our best players have chronic back issues. So much for repeating.. <_<

Relax everyone...he'll be just fine. Just a precautionary measure.

Cue the conspiracy theorists. "Hossa signed with Detroit to feign injury and take up cap space, Bettman put him up to it, he'll be out for the season OMGWTFBBQ!~!"

:lol:

The funniest thing about this post is that after OMG and WTF you have BBQ. How do you come up with that stuff!?!? Classic!

well hes use to sitting on the bench while Sidney and butthead skate around to Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye

Thats intelligent. Typical Titans fan. :P

Alright ***, maybe have in mind that some of the forum users ain't from america and doesn't have english as their native language, so show some respect would you.

yeah, challenge him to post on a swedish hockey forum. <_< i'll never criticize someone's use of english until i can speak their language as well as i expect them to use mine.

re: the topic. i really don't think it'll be a big deal. and even if it is, whatever, i guess we'll have to win the cup with the same roster we did last year. *shrug* as long as he's healthy for the playoffs, we'll still be in even better shape than we were last year. z of course is always a worry, but say hossa's injured for the start of the season. "wings start without star forwards hossa," would be the headline, i guess, but that same headline could just as well read, "wings are as good as they were last season." which, to me, is a positive headline rather than a negative one.

i do have to disagree with the OP on describing it as an "investment," though, only because it's a one-year signing that affects nothing of our future. if we'd signed him for three years at the same price and he was out for 2/3 of each season, but prevented us from re-signing zetterberg and/or franzen, then to me, that's a bad investment. i have to believe that the red wings organization *could* afford to dole out well more than what the cap allows. so i don't think his salary is going to hamstring the organization for one year.

all that being said, i still like our chances with hossa better than without, and i sure to hell hope he's healthy. but i refuse to panic at this point.

like we always say at my job when anything goes wrong (which it always does) : it'll be fine...

Think about it, though: absolute worst-case scenario is he misses the entire season (which isn't going to happen, but let's just say it does). Even then the Wings win because they wouldn't face him in the playoffs. :sly:

Edited by Dabura

Guest Four
The good news is, Hossa's back must have improved, because he was, in fact, out on the links with the rest of the team hours later.

Cue the conspiracy theorists. "Hossa signed with Detroit to feign injury and take up cap space, Bettman put him up to it, he'll be out for the season OMGWTFBBQ!~!"

I am pretty sure burke talked bettman into doing it... <_<

Well, I guess we can just give the Cup to the Leafs now, eh?

Seriously, a "tight back"? Before the season starts? This is something to freak out over? We're ridiculously deep. The Hossa move was more of a middle finger to the rest of the league than a legit attempt to improve. We could repeat with our old roster, Hossa just makes us that much better!