• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heaton

No TV Timeouts after icings this year

Rate this topic

Was just watching this pre-season game on NHL network and the pbp guy mentioned that a rule change this year is after icings there will no longer be a TV timeout like there was in the past few years. I can't believe it took them this long to get around to it, they went out of their way to emphasize the penalty with icings and with the TV timeout it completely negated it.

I hate adverts. Especially american adverts. Especially that same god damn "muuutzereeella" pizza advert being played over and over again until I start plotting the assasinations of everyone involved in that advert and their associates. :ranting:

I hate adverts. Especially american adverts. Especially that same god damn "muuutzereeella" pizza advert being played over and over again until I start plotting the assasinations of everyone involved in that advert and their associates. :ranting:

Two words:

Emerald Nuts.

Or, alternately, three words:

UK TV sucks.

Edited by Dabura

Was just watching this pre-season game on NHL network and the pbp guy mentioned that a rule change this year is after icings there will no longer be a TV timeout like there was in the past few years. I can't believe it took them this long to get around to it, they went out of their way to emphasize the penalty with icings and with the TV timeout it completely negated it.

My thoughts exactly. The whole point of the rule was to increase scoring by forcing the offending team to immediately take a face-off in their own zone without switching players. By going to a commercial you take out 1 of the 2 key ingredients of what makes this difficult on the offending team.

Oh noes!

I hope this doesn't mean less EDGE shave gel commercials squeezed into every 10-second break.

Seeing those scantily clad women jetpacking up a guy's nose or spraying eachother with mosturizing lotion made my hockey-watching experience that much better. <_<

Edited by Shutemdown

Oh noes!

I hope this doesn't mean less EDGE shave gel commercials squeezed into every 10-second break.

Seeing those scantily clad women jetpacking up a guy's nose or spraying eachother with mosturizing lotion made my hockey-watching experience that much better. <_<

:lol:

Yeah, it ranks right up there with watching those Flomax commercials with your mother and trying not to laugh when they mention that Flomax may cause a runny nose.

guys, we will still get just as many commercials... the nhl isn't going to start giving away revenue or anything...

i think the main place we will notice a difference will be offsides calls. seems like offsides often don't spawn commercial breaks. but with icing out of the picture, i bet more of those will be the spot they take the break.

guys, we will still get just as many commercials... the nhl isn't going to start giving away revenue or anything...

i think the main place we will notice a difference will be offsides calls. seems like offsides often don't spawn commercial breaks. but with icing out of the picture, i bet more of those will be the spot they take the break.

I assume they will do like the NBA and other sports have done in the past, they will have "scheduled" TV timeouts after 16 min of play time the next stoppage (other than Icing) will be a TV time out. Whether that be Offsides, penalty, puck out of play, whatever stoppage they will find a way.

I assume they will do like the NBA and other sports have done in the past, they will have "scheduled" TV timeouts after 16 min of play time the next stoppage (other than Icing) will be a TV time out. Whether that be Offsides, penalty, puck out of play, whatever stoppage they will find a way.

That was how they've done it for years, the exceptions being when some one was on a PP. They were at the 6:00, 11:30, and 15:00 marks of each period. Only difference now would be that they wouldn't include icing in that.

A good rule as icing should have it's consequences with the new rules. Got pissed when they went to the TV timeouts after an icing as the newer rule made no sense when that happend.

One of the best things about watching hockey is that there can only be 3 TV timeouts per period that can last only a minute and a half per break. Makes watching football very frustrating when watching a live game.

About time. Now it'll play out more like OT hockey. The one bad thing about this is that the games will be shorter (I assume) and I have a lot of things going on at night and get home around 10 or so and am usually able to catch the last few minutes of the game.

Guest Shoreline
Two words:

Emerald Nuts.

Or, alternately, three words:

UK TV sucks.

Hear, hear. The poster you quoted should quit whining, as if we don't hate commercials too.

I'd even pay a premium price for commercial-less hockey. I wouldn't even mind them with the shorter commercials and few blurbs of annoying in-game ads that show up between whistles. Almost any idea is better than this garbage we currently have.

Edited by Shoreline

NOO! Now there is not many Edge commericals with those girls. Those girls made the games more fun to watch ;) . Just kidding, I am glad they did this.

I liked those at first but then started getting tired of them after seeing it over and over and over and over. Is Edge shave gel all the NHL could get sponsored by? Bettman.....

I must say that after a full year of watching hockey on TV that I love this schedule for TV timeouts. The flow of the game seems much more natural.

Unfortunately, starting next season, TV timeouts will be allowed again, after an icing.